Total views : 327
Shortest and Efficient Multipath Routing in Mobile ad hoc Network (MANET)
Objectives: In this paper, our work is intended to improve the nodes mobility within the network, as it is still in development stage. Methods/Statistical Analysis An automatic system for finding the efficient routing path is still a challenging task. In order to overcome the problem, we propose Short and Efficient Multipath Routing (SEMR) protocol which enables successful routing system by enabling minimum bandwidth in accordance with delay free networking system. Findings: This (SEMR) protocol applies on-demand routing protocols which find shortest route for communication-based on default parameters. The packet transmission consumes less packet loss ratio with minimum data rates. The implementation work is examined by means of performing simulations in NS2. Here the simulation parameters among every node were implemented based on the 802.11 standards according to the parameters. The test case is carried out with 200 nodes which compare the various factors like packet drops, testing the ability in finding the intermediate nodes, bandwidth and time delay. The best fact of Short and Efficient multipath routing (SEMR) methodology is the exchange of different parameters according to the protocol stack. It is also efficient in terms of security on finding the routes compared to the traditional or other mechanisms currently available in the industry. Application/Improvements:The SEMR protocol performance is tested with other existing protocols such as Ad-hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) and Destination –Sequenced Distance-Vector outing (DSDV). By which the obtained shows that the new scheme is free from fault tolerance with competent in achieving the networking system. Finally, the proposed system is well capable of decision making, especially in the network layers.
Fault Tolerance, MANET, Multi-Path Routing, Routing Protocol, Shortest path.
- Vijayakumar K, Somasundaram K.Study on Reliable and Secure Routing Protocols on MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14):1–10.
- Thangaraj SJJ, Rengarajan A. Unreliable Node Detection by Elliptical Curve Diffe-Hellman Algorithm in MANET.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–6.
- Deny J, Sundhararajan M. Performance Assessment and Comparisons of Single and Group Mobility in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 June. 9(21):1–6.
- Vijayakumar M, Karthikeyani V.A Novel Approach of DBPQ with RSSI Queuing Technique for VoIP QoS over MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–8.
- Srinivas K, Chari A.A Random Congestion Routing Protocol Based on Queue Latency and Link Reliability Estimation in MANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(33): 1–7.
- Abusalah L, Khokhar A, Guizani M.A survey of secure mobile Ad hoc routing protocols. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2008; 10(4):78–93.
- Lacuesta R, Garcia M, Lloret J, Palacios G.Study and performance of ad hoc routing protocols.Mobile Ad HocNetworks:Current Status and Future Trends, Taylor and Francis. 2011;71–101.
- Pearlman MR, Haas ZJ.Determining the optimal configuration for the zone routing protocol. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 1999; 17(8):1395–414.
- Hamma T, Katoh T, Bista BB, Takata T. An efficient ZHLS routing protocol for mobile ad HOC networks.Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA ’06),Krakow, Poland. 2006 Sep. p. 66–70.
- Kumar A, Manjunath D, Kuri J. Communication Networking: An Analytical Approach. Los Altos, California, USA: Morgan Kaufmann; 2004.
- Chou ST, Chern HT, Shiao CM, Lee ZJ.Cross-layer design of AODV protocol for multi-hop flow in ad hoc network.Ad-Hoc and SensorWireless Networks. 2013; 17(3-4):233–52.
- Zoulikha M, Amal B.Cross-layer approach among physical,MAC and routing layer in a shadowing environment.Ad-Hoc and Sensor Wireless Networks. 2014; 21(1-2):101–19.
- Carrascal V, Delgado G, Igartua M.Multipath routing with layered coded video to provide QoS for video streaming applications over MANETs.Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Communication Networks (ICON ’06). Singapore. 2006.p.1–6.
- Zhen Y, Wu MQ, Wu DP, Zhang QJ, Xu CX.Toward path reliability by using adaptive multi-path routing mechanism formultimedia service inmobile Ad-hoc network.Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications. 2010;17(1):93–100.
- Perkins CE, Royer EM.Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing.Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (WMCSA ’99), New Orleans, La, USA. 1999 Feb, p. 90–100.
- Johnson D, Maltz D, Broch J.DSR: The dynamic source routing protocol formulti-hop wireless ad hoc networks.Ad Hoc Networking. Addison-Wesley; 2001. p. 139–72.
- Jacquet P, Clausen T. Optimized Link State Routing Protocol (OLSR). 2001. Internet Draft, IETF MANET Working Group, Available from: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-olsr-04
- Shah SH, Nahrstedt K. Predictive location-based QoS routing in mobile ad hoc networks.Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications (ICC ’02). 2002 May; (2):1022–7.
- Zafar S,Manzoor HTM. Throughput and Delay Analysis of AODV, DSDV and DSR Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer Networks and Applications (IJCNA). 2016; 3(2):1–7.
- Guruswamy P, Chatterjee M.A Novel Efficient Rebroadcast Protocol for Minimizing Routing Overhead in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer Networks and Applications (IJCNA). 2016 Apr; 3(2):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.