Total views : 378
Effectiveness of using WhatsApp to Manage Talents in Creating Student Superstars “Of the pupils, by the pupils, for the pupils”
Objectives: The research is about exploring the possibilities of achieving non academic dreams of students by utilising their talents with the time they are ready to spend. Creating a Talent Management model is to create an individual identity for the Generation Z students. The study is conducted for the students, by the students, and about the students to achieve their dreams in a systematic way with their support groups. It is not only a diagnostic program but also an implementation program for the students who exemplify the culture that acts as a catalyst in the achievements. As a large population of college students are from Generation Z and mobile has became an integral part of their life. More than 1000 engineering students were selected by simple random sampling method and formed WhatsApp groups based on their career objectives. Method: We deployed a special model for talent management among students which focuses on Individual Consideration, Intellectual Stimulation, and Study Life Balance. We studied students’ viewpoints regarding the educational use of WhatsApp groups in supporting their learning process. Finding: The proposed culture of success of Students’ Talent Management (STM) involves Ethics, Sustainability, Diversity, Engagement, and Creativity. We observed the effectiveness of using WhatsApp as a tool to manage talents of students in Creating Student Superstars. Application: It is inevitable to design talent management project and to establish such system in order to give better experience in the study life of students. The proposed model is recommended to implement by establishing talent management departments in educational institutions.
Alternative Career options, Generation Z students, Mobile Learning, Non Academic Dreams, Students’ Talent Management, Student Superstars, Student Researchers, WhatsApp groups.
- Schuler RS, MacMillan IC. Gaining competitive advantage through human resource management practices. Human Resource Management. 1984; 23:241–55.
- Ashton C, Morton L. Managing talent for competitive advantage: Taking a systemic approach to talent management. Strategic HR Review. 2005; 4(5):28–31.
- Lewis RE, Heckman RJ. Talent management: A critical review. Human Resource Management Review. 2006; 16(2):139–54.
- Taleb Z, Sohrabi A. Learning on the move: the use of mobile technology to support learning for University students. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2012; 69:1102–9.
- Considine D, Horton J, Moorman G. Teaching and reaching the millennial generation through media literacy. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy. 2009; 52(6):471–81.
- Elam C, Stratton T, Gibson DD. Welcoming a New Generation to College: The Millennial Students. Journal of College Admission. 2007; 195:20–5.
- International Conference on e-Learning. Kidmore End: Academic Conferences International Limited. M-learning With WhatsApp: A Conversation Analysis Ngaleka, Abulela; Uys, Walter. 2014.
- Ahmad B et al. The Effect of WhatsApp Electronic Dialogue Journaling on Improving Writing Vocabulary Word Choice and Voice of EFL Undergraduate Saudi Students. Saud Islamic University-Saudi Arabia, The World Islamic Science and Education University-Jordan, 2014.
- Ewur GD et al. The Impact of WhatsApp Messenger usage on Students Performance in Tertiary Institutions in Ghana.
- This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model™, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata group. 2015.
- McLean N. The m-Learning Paradigm: An Overview, Macquarie University, 2003.
- Kineo. Mobile Learning Reviewed, Kineo and UFI, Univ for Industry, Learndirect, 2009.
- Garaj V. m-Learning in the education of multimedia technologists and designers at the University level: A user requirements study. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. 2010; 3(1):24–32.
- Veluchamy R et al. Talent Management Pattern for Human Resource Professionals using Fuzzy Relational Maps (FRM). International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11(1):564–72. ISSN 0973-4562.
- Veluchamy R et al. Managing Mental Health of Students in Creating Student Superstars, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review and Research. 2016 Jul-Aug; 39(2):45–52.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.