Total views : 243
Gallant Use of Cloud by a Novel Framework of Encrypted Biometric Authentication and Multi Level Data Protection
Objectives: Nowadays cloud is becoming the major research area because of the security threats against cloud. According to the reports of CSA (cloud security alliance), much more security issues are related to authentication and improper data security etc. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Such problems can be neutralized by adopting biometric authentication mechanism in a novel way by providing protection in every direction since cloud is a medium where much more valuable computational data have been stored and transferred. Findings: In our approach, biometric authentication has been given a new dimension for the different level of security. And the public key and private key encryptions have been used in combination where data needs to be protected. By merging these biometric authentications along with multi-level encryption will give the enhanced security over the cloud and increase the confidentiality to use the cloud among cloud consumers as well as cloud providers. Applications/Improvements: Implementation of such methodology has given tremendous results over the security issues, authentication issues.
AES, Authentication, Biometric, Cloud Computing, Confidentiality, Data Security, 3DES, Elgamal, RSA.
- Liu F, Tong J, Mao J, Bohn R, Messina J, Badger L, Leaf D. NIST cloud computing reference architecture. NIST special publication. 2011 Sep; 500(2011):292.
- Alva A, Caleff O, Elkins G, Lum A, Pasley K, Sudarsan S, Sivasubramanian V, Venkitaraman R. The Notorious Nine Cloud Computing Top Threats in 2013. Cloud Security Alliance. 2013.
- Jain AK, Ross A, Prabhakar S. An introduction to biometric recognition. IEEE Transactions on circuits and systems for video technology. 2004 Jan; 14(1):4-20.
- Article title. Skyhigh networks. Date accessed: 20/09/2016: Available from: https://www.skyhighnetworks.com/cloud-security-blog/only-9-4-of-cloud-providers-are-encrypting-data-at-rest/#product-menu
- Lee S, Ong I, Lim HT, Lee HJ. Two factor authentication for cloud computing. Journal of Information and Communication Convergence Engineering. 2010; 8(4):427-32.
- Uddin M, Memon J, Alsaqour R, Shah A, Rozan MZ. Mobile agent based multi-layer security framework for cloud data centers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 1,8(12):1-10.
- Mell P, Grance T. Effectively and securely using the cloud computing paradigm. NIST, Information Technology Laboratory. 2009 Oct 7; p. 304-11.
- O’Gorman L. Comparing passwords, tokens, and biometrics for user authentication. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2003 Dec; 91(12):2021-40.
- Choi JH, Lee SH, Kim MK. Integrated user authentication method using BAC (Brokerage Authentication Center) in Multi-clouds. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 1,8(25):1-7.
- Ratha NK, Connell JH, Bolle RM. Enhancing security and privacy in biometrics-based authentication systems. IBM Systems Journal. 2001; 40(3):614-34.
- Sudhan SK, Kumar SS. A Panoptic Survey on Cloud Computing. International Journal of Research in Engineering Technology. 2014 May; 2(3).
- Sudhan SK, Kumar SS. An Innovative Proposal for Secure Cloud Authentication using Encrypted Biometric Authentication Scheme. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 18,8(35):1-5.
- Upmanyu M, Namboodiri AM, Srinathan K, Jawahar CV. Blind authentication: a secure crypto-biometric verification protocol. IEEE transactions on information forensics and security. 2010 Jun; 1,5(2):255-68.
- Article title. RSAalgorithm. Date accessed: 20/09/2016: Available from: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_(algorithm)
- Article title. AES. Date accessed: 20/09/2016: Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard
- Article title. 3DES. Date accessed: 20/09/2016: Available from: http://www.iusmentis.com/technology/encryption/des/
- Article title. Elgamal crypto system. Date accessed: 20/09/2016: Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ElGamal_encryption
- Article title. Test data. Date accessed: 20/09/2016: Available from: http://biometrics.idealtest.org and http://www.csee.wvu.edu/
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.