Total views : 245
Review on Material Removal Technology of Soda-Lime Glass Material
Objective: To provide comprehensive literature survey of machining process in soda lime glass with reference to the conventional and non-conventional material removal process. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For more convenient understanding, the various processes, research and advanced progress in this field is presenting in table format. The ascending pyramid diagram shows progress of advanced researches on soda lime glass machining. The percent contribution of machining processes has been calculated and explained in a pie chart. Findings: There are totally eight machining processes used by various researchers to treat the soda lime glass. From which, Laser Machining Process and Electrochemical Discharge Machining Process showing highest contribution i.e. 22% are because of its advanced and wide range of applications in various fields. Whereas 6% contribution is observed for Abrasive Jet Machining process and micro grinding process, which is used at very low scale, it may be due to an extensive range of limitations. Application/Improvement: The present study is a first attempt towards the literature review on soda lime glass material. This review may be helpful to classify and select the most significant machining method to work with soda lime glass material.
Abrasive Jet Machining, ECDM, Laser, Micro Grinding, Microwave Drilling, Soda Lime Glass
- Razfar M, Ni J, Behroozfar A, Lan S. An Investigation on Electrochemical Discharge Micro-Drilling of Glass. Proceedings of the ASME 2013 International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, USA. 2013; 2. p. 1–7. Crossref
- Arif M, Rahman M, San W, Doshi N. An experimental approach to study the capability of end-milling for micro cutting of glass. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2011; 53(9):1063–73.Crossref
- Arif M, Rahman M, San W. Ultraprecision ductile mode machining of glass by micromilling process. Journal of Manufacturing Processes. 2011; 13(1):50–9. Crossref
- Ravindra D, Ponthapalli S, Patten J. Micro laser assisted feasibility test on soda lime glass. Proceedings of the ASME 2013 International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, USA. 2013; 1. p. 1–6. Crossref
- Liu K, Li X, Liang S, Liu X. Nanometer scale, ductile mode cutting of soda lime glass. Journal of Manufacturing Processes. 2005; 7(2):95–101. Crossref
- Saragih A, Ko T. A Thick SU-8 Mask for Microabrasive Jet Machining on Glass. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2009; 41(7):734–40. Crossref
- Nurul Amin A, Bagum M, Fathiah N, Konneh M, Mohamed Ariff T. An experimental approach to determine the critical depth of cut in brittle-to-ductile phase transition during end milling of soda-lime glass. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2016; 41(11):1–10. Crossref
- Lautre N, Sharma, AK, Das S, Kumar P. On crack control Strategy in Near-Field Microwave Drilling of Soda Lime Glass Using Precursors. Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications. 2015; 7(4):041001-1-041001-15.Crossref
- Cheng J, Gong Y. Experimental study on ductile-regime micro-grinding character of soda-lime glass with diamond tool. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2013; 69(1):147–60. Crossref
- Pawar P, Ballav R, Kumar A. A Study on Machining Process of Glass Materials. International Journal of Engineering and Future Technology. 2016; 3(3):43–9.
- Pawar P, Ballav R, Kumar A. Micromachining of Borosilicate Glass: A State of Art Review. Fifth International Conference of Materials Processing and Characterization (ICMPC 2016). India. 2016. p. 1–9.
- Anil Kumar B, Ananthaprasad M, GopalaKrishna K. A Review on Mechanical and Tribological Behaviors of Nickel Matrix Composites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(2):1–7.
- Prasob P, Sasikumar M, Selvan P. Impact Behaviour of PMC Reinforced with Fibers under Sub Zero Temperature: A Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(33):1–10. Crossref
- Jawalkar C, Sharma A, Kumar P. Micromachining with ECDM: Research Potentials and Experimental Investigations. International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering. 2012; 6(1):340–5.
- Jawalkar C, Sharma A, Kumar P. Investigations on performance of ECDM process using NaOH and NaNO3 electrolytes while micro machining soda lime glass. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management. 2014; 28(1-3):80–93. Crossref
- Jiang B, Lan S, Ni J. Experimental Investigation of Drilling Incorporated Electrochemical Discharge Machining. Proceedings of the ASME 2014 International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, USA. 2014; 2:1–8. Crossref
- Razfar M, Behroozfar A, Ni J. Study of The Effects of Tool Longitudinal Oscillation on The Machining Speed of Electrochemical Discharge Drilling of Glass. Precision Engineering. 2014; 38(4):885–92. Crossref
- Cao X, Kim B, Chu C. Micro structuring of glass with features less than 100 μm by electrochemical discharge machining. Precision Engineering. 2009; 33(4):459–65. Crossref
- Wei C, Xu K, Ni J, Brzezinski A, Hu D. A finite element based model for electrochemical discharge machining in discharge regime. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2011; 54(9):987–95.Crossref
- An R, Li Y, Dou Y, Fang Y, Yang H, Gong Q. Laser Micro hole drilling of soda lime Glass with Femtosecond Pulses. Chinese Physics Letters. 2004; 21(12):2465–8.Crossref
- Ahsan M, Dewanda F, Lee M, Sekita H, Sumiyoshi T. Formation of superhydrophobic soda lime glass surface using femtosecond laser pulses. Applied Surface Science. 2013; 265:784–9.Crossref
- Ashkenasi D, Kaszemeikat T, Mueller N, Lemke A, Eichler H. Machining of glass and quarts using nanosecond and picosecond laser pulses. Proceedings of SPIE, Laser Applications in Microelectronic and Optoelectronic Manufacturing (LAMOM) XVII. 2012; 8243: 82430M-1-82430M-7.
- Nieto D, Delgado T, Flores-Arias M. Fabrication of micro channels on soda lime glass substrates with a Nd:YVO4 laser. Optics and Lasers in Engineering. 2014; 63:11–8.Crossref
- Chang T, Chen Z, Lee Y, Li Y, Wang C. Ultrafast laser ablation of soda lime glass for fabricating microfluidic pillar array channels. Microelectronic Engineering. 2016; 158:95–101.Crossref
- Liu K, Kim Y, Noh H. ArFexcimer laser micromachining of MEMS Materials: Characterization and Applications. Journal of Micro- and Nano-Manufacturing. 2014; 2(2):0210061-021006-13.
- Jiao J, Wang X. Numerical investigation on machining glass with CO2 lasers, Frontiers of Optoelectronics in China. 2009; 2(3):334–8.Crossref
- Sajjadi M, Malekian M, Park S, Jun M. Investigation of Micro Scratching And Machining of Glass. Proceedings of the ASME 2009 International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, USA. 2009; 2. p. 1–8.Crossref
- Mostofa M, Malekian M, Park S, Jun M, Aarts M.Micromechanical machining of soda lime glass.
- The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2013; 67(5):1139–50.Crossref
- Liu K, Zhao Y, Yang Q, Li L, Fan X, Peng N. Fabrication of microfluidic chips by an ultrasonic micromachining with wet etch smoothing method on glass substrates. Proceedings of the ASME/ISCIE 2012 International Symposium on Flexible Automation (ISFA2012), USA. 2012; 1–8.Crossref
- James S, Sundaram M. A Feasibility Study of vibration assisted NanoImpact Machining by Loose Abrasives Using Atomic Force Microscope. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. 2012; 134(6):061014-1-061014-11. Crossref
- Lautre N, Sharma A, Kumar P, Das S. A simulation approach to material removal in microwave drilling of soda lime glass at 2.45 GHz. Applied Physics A. 2015; 120(4):1261–74.Crossref
- Lautre N, Sharma AK, Kumar P, Das S. A photoelasticity approach for characterization of defects in microwave drilling of soda lime glass. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2015; 225:151–61. Crossref
- Wan Z, Tang Y. Brittle–ductile mode cutting of glass based on controlling cracks initiation and propagation.The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2009; 43(11):1051–9.
- Jia P, Zhou M. Tool wear its effect on surface roughness in diamond cutting of glass soda lime. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2012; 25(6):1224–30. Crossref
- Jagannatha N, Somashekhar S, Sadashivappa K, Arun K. Machining of soda lime glass using abrasive Hot Air Jet: An experimental Study. Machining Science and Technology: An International Journal. 2012; 16(3):459–72. Crossref
- Cheng J, Gong Y, Wang J. Modeling and Evaluating of Surface Roughness Prediction in Micro-grinding on sodalime glass considering tool characterization. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2013; 26(6):1091–100. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.