Total views : 187
Compact Size and Slotted Patch Antenna for WiMAX and WLAN
Objectives: Dual-Band, reduced size, coaxial fed probe, Inverted C-slot patch antenna for wireless communication is designed in this paper. The excellent dual-band performance is attained by using inverted C-slots on the patch. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The slots provide two notched bands covering 2.7 GHz to 4.04 GHz for WiMAX and 5.32 GHz to 6 GHz for WLAN with excellent return loss and satisfactory VSWR. Findings: Two resonant peaks obtained are at 3.2 GHz and at 5.4 GHz. The proposed antenna size is 29 mm × 29 mm. The antenna has been effectively simulated on HFSS and tested on VNA tool. The peak gain of 4.65 dB and efficiency of 95% is obtained. The antenna presentation is analyzed on the basis of size of antenna, VSWR, bandwidth, return loss and efficiency. The presented antenna is an excellent choice for WLAN and WiMAX. Improvements: As compared to conventional Microstrip Patch Antenna return loss is improved with 67% and area minimization of 63% has been attained.
C-Slot, Dual-Band, HFSS, Patch Antenna, VNA, VSWR, WiMAX, WLAN.
- Kumar G, Ray KP. Broadband microstrip antennas. 2nd ed. 2003.
- Wong KL. Compact and broadband microstrip antenna. 3rd ed. 2002. Crossref
- Thomas K, Sreenivasan M. Compact triple band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications. Electronics Letters. 2009; 45(16):811–3. Crossref
- Liu HW, Ku CH, Yang CF. Novel CPW-fed planar monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters. 2010; 9:240–3. Crossref
- Liu WC, Wu CM, Chu NC. A compact CPW-fed slotted patch antenna for dual-band operation. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters. 2010; 9:110–3. Crossref
- Liu P, Zou Y, Xie B, Liu X, Sun B. Compact CPW-fed triband printed antenna with meandering split-ring slot for WLAN/WiMAX applications. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters. 2012; 11:1242–4. Crossref
- Huang CY, Yu EZ. A slot-monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:500–2. Crossref
- Lu JH, Huang BJ. Planar multi-band monopole antenna with L-shaped parasitic strip for WiMAX application. Electronics Letters. 2010; 46(10):671–2.
- Hu W, Yin YZ, Fei P, Yang X. Compact tri-band squareslot antenna with symmetrical L-strips for WLAN/WiMAX applications. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:462–5. Crossref
- Moosazadeh M, Kharkovsky S. Compact and small planar monopole antenna with symmetrical L and U-shaped slots for WLAN/WiMAX applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2014; 13:388–91. Crossref
- Xu P, Yan ZH, Wang C. Multi-band modified fork-shaped monopole antenna with dual L- shaped parasitic plane. Electronics Letters. 2011; 47(6):364–5. Crossref
- Li X, Shi XW, Hu W, Fei P, Yu JF. Compact tri-band ACS-fed monopole antenna employing open-ended slots for wireless communication. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013; 12:388–91. Crossref
- Manshouri N, Najafpour M, Yazgan A, Maleki M, Kaya H. A novel rectangular microstrip antenna for ultra-wideband applications with dual band-notched characteristic. 22nd Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU); 2014. p. 1035–8. Crossref
- Xu Y, Jiaoand YC, Luan YC. Compact CPW-fed printed monopole antenna with triple-band characteristics for WLAN/WiMAX applications. Electronics Letters. 2012; 48(24):1519–20. Crossref
- Hu W, Yin YZ, Yang X, Fei P. Compact multi resonatorloaded planar antenna for multi-band operation. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2013; 61(5):2838–41. Crossref
- Liu WC, Wu CM, Dai Y. Design of triple-frequency microstrip-fed monopole antenna using defected ground structure. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2011; 59(7):2457–63. Crossref
- Pei J, Wang AG, Gao S, Leng W. Miniaturized triple-band antenna with a defected ground plane for WLAN/WiMAX Applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:298–301. Crossref
- Kumar Y, Singh S. A compact multi-band hybrid fractal antenna for multi-standard mobile wireless applications. Wireless Personal Communications. 2015; 84(1):57–67. Crossref
- Kayalvizhi A, Prasanna PG. Multi-band operating antenna for Wi-Fi, WiMAX and radar application. 2nd International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS); 2015. p. 1017–20. Crossref
- Mandal K, Sarkar PP. Reduced-size microstrip antenna for WiMAX and WLAN. Microwave Review. 2015; 21(1):2–5.
- Puri S, Kaur K, Kumar N. A review of antennas for wireless communication devices. International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering. 2014; 2(3):199–201. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.