Total views : 288
AC Electrical Conductivity Studies of Pani-Copper Oxide Nanocomposites
Objectives: To study the AC electrical conductivity of PANI-Copper oxide nanocomposites. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Copper oxide(CuO) nanoparticles were synthesized by ecofriendly low temperature solution combustion method using Eugonesuperba L extract as fuel whereas Polyaniline (PANI) and PANI-CuOnanocomposites through insitu chemical oxidative polymerization. The PXRD spectrum analysis of the nanocomposites indicates high crystallinity; SEM images showed fine dispersion of CuO nanoparticles in polymer matrix. Findings: The study through AC 6500 B impedance analyzer showed enhancement in electrical conductivity of PANI-CuOnanocomposites over pure PANI. The enhancement of electrical conductivity has been attributed to accumulation of charge carriers at the interfaces of the polymer-semiconductor metal oxide nanocomposite and the formation of large dipoles by the semiconductor nanoparticles. Improvement/Applications: Use of PANI-CuOnanocomposites renders a better electrode material for supercapacitors meeting the good electrical conductivity requirements with improved specific surface area.
AC Conductivity,Conducting Polymer, Electrical Properties, Metal Oxide, PXRD.
- Duay LR, Lee SB. Heterogeneous nanostructured electrode materials for electrochemical energy storage.Chemical Communications. 2011; 47(5):1384-1404.
- Kim J,Ju H,Inamdar AI,Jo Y,Han J,Kim H,Im H.Synthesis and enhanced electrochemical supercapacitor properties of AgeMnO2epolyaniline nanocomposite electrodes, Energy.2014; 70:473-77.
- Sugimoto W, Iwata H, Yokoshima K, Murakami Y, Takasu Y. Proton and electron conductivity in hydrons Ruthenium oxides evaluated by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.The origin of large capacitance.Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2005; 109(15):7330-38.
- Yu D, wang C, Wehrenberg BL, Philippe, Guyot-sionnerst.Variable range hopping conduction in semiconductor nanocrystal solids. Physical Review letters. 2004;92(21):2168021-4.
- Burke.AUltra capacitors, why, how and where is the technology.Journal of Power Sources. 2000; 91(1):37-50.
- Kohman R,Zibold SA, Tanner DB, Ihas CG, Ishiguro T, Min YG, Diarmid AGM,Epstein A. Physical Review letters.Limits for metallic conductivity in conducting polymers.doe1997; 78:3915-18.
- Epstein AJ, MacDiarmid AG. Polyanilines: From solitons to polymer metal, from chemical currosity to technology, Synthetic Metals.1995; 69(1-3):179-82.
- Srikanth, Sreedhar BC, Nagabhushana BM,Mathad RD. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications.2014; 4(10):38-46.
- Naika HR, Lingaraju K,Manjunath K, kumar D, Nagabhushana H. Green synthesis of CuO nanoparticles using Glorisa superb L extract and their antibacterial activity. Journal of Taibah University of Science. 2015; 9(1):7-12.
- KankanitPhiwdang, SineenartSuphankij,WanichayaMekprasart, WisanuPecharapa. Synthesis of CuO Nanoparticles by Precipitation Method Using Different Precursors. Energy Procedia. 2013; 34:740-45.
- Ismail M. Infrared spectroscopy, Demonstrator at PharmacognosyDepartment, Faculty of Pharmacy.Beni-suef University.2016.
- Pang Z, Fu J, Pengfei LV, Huang F, Wei Q. Effect of CSA Concentration on the Ammonia Sensing Properties of CSADoped PA6/PANI Composite Nanofibers Sensors.2014; 14(11):21453-65.
- Raja M, Deepa.Synthesis and Characterization of PolyanilineCopper(II) Oxide Nanocomposite by Wet Chemical Route. Indian Journal ofAdvances inChemical Science.2015; 3(2):198-203.
- Reda SM, Channam SM. Synthesis and electrical properties of polyaniline composites with silver nanoparticles.Advances in materials Physics and Chemistry.2012;2:75-81.
- Mateeva ES. Synthetic metals, 79 Residual water as a factor influencing the electrical properties of polyaniline. The role of hydrogen bonding of the polymer with solvent molecules in the formation of a conductive polymer network. 1996; 79(2):127-39.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.