Total views : 224
Video Surveillance for Collision Detection and Traffic Analysis Using IoT
Objectives: The main object of this paper is to share information of collision detection, Location of incident, number plate recognition of vehicle and Traffic information to crowd sourcing on map. In this work a car can send video automatically to cloud for multipurpose. Methods/Statistical analysis: In this project video is continuously monitoring in car which is being recorded in car and it is also connected to internet. This photo and video can be shared to other people where this information can be very useful in traffic condition and emergency situation to help other people. Using this information, the response time can be minimizing. Findings: In this system video surveillance and number plate recognition is used to extracting more information about incident in a car at real time. The video surveillance and number plate recognition in car can be very useful. The recorded video will be very helpful to record all the activity surround by car and also can also be very help for proof of evidence for suspicious activity. Application/Improvements: This work can be enhanced by proper sharing resources of camera between number plate recognition and video sharing in real time.
GPS Module, Map, Raspberry Pi, Web Camera.
- Merchant R M, Elmer S, Lurie N. Integrating social media into emergency-preparedness efforts. New England Journal of Medicine. 2011 Jul; 365:289–91.
- Lambrinos L. On combining the internet of things with crowd sourcing in managing emergency situations. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); 2015 Jun. p. 598–603.
- Automatic number plate recognition (ALPR) [Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 07]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_number_plate_recognition.
- Google drive video upload [Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 03]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Drive.
- Popov S, Kurochkin M. The implementing of the internet of things concepts for the continuous provision of informational services for vehicle drivers and passengers. Telematics and Future Generation Networks (TAFGEN), 2015 1st International Conference; 2015 May. p. 1–5.
- Ghose A, Biswas P. Road condition monitoring and alert application using in-vehicle smartphone as internet-connected sensor. Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), 2012 IEEE International Conference; 2012 Mar. p. 489–91.
- Jain P, Chopra N. Automatic License Plate Recognition using Open CV. International Journal of Computer Applications Technology and Research. 2014; 3(12):756–61.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.