Total views : 202
Generalized Unified Power Flow Controller for Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch by Considering Practical Constraints
Objectives: One of the drawbacks of the power system network, i.e. Optimum Reactive Power Dispatch (ORPD) is optimized. Due to this, system transmission power losses and bus voltage magnitudes are optimized Methods/Statistical Analysis: A unique optimization rule, Uniformly Distributed Two-stage Particle Swarm Optimization (UDTPSO) are enforced in conjunction with the traditional Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO).The power injection model for the Generalized Unified Power Flow Controller (GUPFC) is used to enhance the power flow in a power system network. Findings: The proposed technique has fast convergence rate in less number of iterations which validates the effectiveness of UDTPSO. The study is tested on a standard IEEE-30 bus system and the results obtained with UDTPSO are valid with the existing PSO. Applications: Effective utilization of a Flexible Alternating Current Transmission system (FACTS) device called Generalized Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC) for power flow control which will improve existing transmission capability.
Generalized Unified Power Flow Controller, Loss Minimization, Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch, Uniformly Distributed Two Stage Particle Swarm Optimization, Voltage Deviation.
- Abdullah M Abusorrah. The application of the Linear Adaptive Genetic Algorithm to optimal power flow problem. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2014; 39(6):4901–909. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-014-1164-x
- Granville S. Optimal reactive dispatch through interior methods. IEEE Trans. Power System 1994;11(1):136–146. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.317548
- Manlovani JRS, Garcia AV. A heuristic model for reactive power planning. IEEE Trans. Power System 1995;11(1):68–74. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.485987
- Wu QH, Ma JT. Power system optimal reactive power dispatch using evolutionary programming. IEEE Trans. Power System. 1995;10(3):1243–249. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.466531
- Lai L.L, Ma J T. Application of evolutionary programming to reactive power planning-Comparison with non-linear programming approach. IEEE Trans. Power System.1997;12(1):198–206. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.574940
- Varadarajan M, Swarup K S. Differential evolution approach for optimal reactive power dispatch. Applied Soft Computing. 2008;8(4):1549–561. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2007.12.002
- Abou El Ela A A, Abido M A, Spea S R. Differential evolution algorithm for optimal reactive power dispatch. Electric Power Systems Research.2011;8(1):458–64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2010.10.005
- Khazali A H, Kalantar M. Optimal reactive power dispatch based on harmony search algorithm. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2011;33(2):684–92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2010.11.018
- Kursat Ayan, Ulas Kilic. Artificial bee colony algorithm solution for optimal reactive power flow. Applied Soft Computing. 2012;12(4):1477–482. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2012.01.006
- Yoshida H, Fukuyama Y, Kawata K, Takayama Y. A particle swarm optimization for reactive power and voltage control considering voltage security assessment. IEEE Trans. Power System.2001;15(4):1232–239. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.898095
- Naresh Babu A.V, Ramana T, Sivanagaraju S. Analysis of optimal power flow problem based on two stage initialization algorithm. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems .2014;55(5):91–99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2013.08.011
- Chintalapudi V Suresh, S.Sivanagaraju, J.Viswanatharao. Multiarea Multi-fuel Economic-Emission Dispatch using a Generalized Unified Power Flow Controller Under Practical Constraints. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2015;40(2):531– 549. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-014-1527-3
- Verma K S, Singh S N, Gupta H O. FACTS device location for enhancement of total transfer capability. Proceedings , IEEE Power Eng. Soc. Winter Meeting, Columbus;2001;2:522–27. https://doi.org/10.1109/pesw.2001.916902
- Chintalapudi V Suresh, Sivanagaraju S. Analysis and effect of multi-fuel and practical constraints on economic load dispatch in the presence of Unified Power Flow Controller using UDTPSO. Ain Shams Engineering Journal.2015;6:803–17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2014.12.011
- Niknam T, Narimani M R, Aghaei J, AzizipanahAbarghooee R. Improved particle swarm optimization for multi-objective optimal power flow considering the cost, loss, emission and voltage stability index. IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution. 2012;6(6):515–27. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd.2011.0851
- Abido M A, Al-Ali NA. Multi-objective optimal power flow using differential evolution. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2012;37(4):991–1005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-012-0224-3
- Kennedy J, Eberhart. R. Particle Swarm Optimization. IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks.1995;5:1942–948. https://doi.org/10.1109/icnn.1995.488968
- Abido M. A. Optimal power flow using Tabu search algorithm. Electric power components and systems. 2002;30:469–83. https://doi.org/10.1080/15325000252888425
- Alsac O, Stott B. Optimal Load Flow with steady state security. IEEE PES summer meeting & EHV/UHV Conference; 1973.P.745–51.
- Arul R, Ravi G,Velsami S. Non-convex economic dispatch with heuristic load patterns, valve point loading effect, prohibited operating zones, ramp-rate limits, and spinning reserve constraints using harmony search algorithm. Electrical Engineering. 2013;95:53–61. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-012-0241-y
- Vlachogiannis J G, Lee K Y. A comparative study on particle swarm optimization for optimal steady-state performance of power systems.IEEE Trans. Power system. 2006;21(4):1718– 728. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.883687
- Lashkar Ara A, Kazemi A,Gahramani S, Behshad M. Optimal reactive power flow using multi-objective mathematical programming. Scientia Iranica. 19(6).p.1829–836. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scient.2012.07.010
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.