Total views : 178
Harnessing the Power of Active Learning based Engineering Mathematics Module
Teaching mathematics to engineers using Modules is trending to peaks this day. Today engineering students are failing in integrating with the B. Tech course and espouse the same inherent learning strategies. This article is a clear concern to analyze the standard of a student and present a module specially for 1st year B.Tech students. To keep the students motivated and engaged throughout, strap up appropriate learning outcomes, skills and attributes in an ordered approach by conducting simple activities at stipulated time intervals during the first year course is presented and found to be the best current pedagogical practices.
Engineering Mathematics, Knowledge Gaining, Module, Modular Technology, Student Centred.
- Hall SR, Waitz I, Brodeur DR, Soderholm DN, Nasr R. Adoption of active learning in a lecturer-based engineering class. Proceedings of the 32nd ASEE/IEEE Frontiers Education Conference, 2002 Nov 6–9, Boston, MA; 2002.
- Prince MJ, Felder RM. Inductive teaching and learning methods: Definitions, comparisons, and research bases. Journal of Engineering Education. 2006; 95(2):123–38.
- McCartan CD, Hermon JP, Cunningham G. An evaluation of active learning strategies applied to engineering mathematics. Proceedings of the 6th International CDIO Conference, 2010 Jun 15–18, 2010, École Polytechnique, Montréal; 2010.
- Mc Cartan CD, Mc Nally T, Herman JP. An evaluation of active learning strategies applied to engineering mathematics. Proceedings to the 7th International CDIO Conference Technical University of Denmark, 2011 Jun 20–23, Co Penhagan; 2011.
- Dunlosny J, Kathrin, Rawson A, Marsh EJ, Nathan MJ, Willinghan DT. Improving students, learning with effective learning techniques: promising directions from cognitive and educational psychology. Proceedings to Association for Psychological Science. 2013; 14(1):4–58. DOI: 10|177|1529|006|2453266.
- Llorens-Salvador M, Nevin E. Online resources platform for mathematics education. Proceeding of the Dublin Institute of Technology; 2014.
- Karjanto N. Calculus teaching and learning in South Korea. Journal Matematika Integratif. 2013; 9(2):179–93.
- Vasanthi G, Kumar VV. Improved mathematics learning by modular technology in technical education. 2015 IEEE Seventh International Conference on Technology for Education. 2015 Dec. DOI: 10.1109/T4E 2015.19.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.