Total views : 276
SWOT Analysis of Ontology Driven Software Engineering
In the past decade offshoring and outsourcing the software development phenomenon has been undeniably a key software engineering practice. The need to adapt to this new reality is obvious and is bound to have a long lasting influence on the software industry. This fosters the industry and researchers to look for intelligent supporting technologies and tools that can help interconnect and exchange Software Engineering knowledge. A rising trend to exploit ontologies for sharing and reusing information across web is well recognized. We examine the strategic alignment of ontologies to Software Engineering where the former can be used to improve and assist in intelligent software development process. The SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis is presented giving an insight to the use of ontologies to enrich and enhance Software Engineering processes.
Ontology, Ontology Driven, SWOT Analysis, Semantic Web, Software Engineering.
- W3C Semantic Web [Internet]. 2015 Nov. Available from: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw.
- Berners-Lee T, Hendler J, Lassila O. The semantic web. Scientific American. 2001; 284:28–37.
- Studer R, Benjamins VR, Fensel D. Knowledge engineering: principles and methods. Data Knowledge Engineering. 1998; 25:161–97.
- Ding L, Kolari P, Ding Z, Avancha S. Using ontologies in the semantic web: A survey. Ontologies; 2007. p. 79–113.
- Radatz J, Geraci A, Katki F. IEEE standard glossary of software engineering terminology. IEEE Standard. 1990; 610121990:3.
- IT Outsourcing Statistics 2015/ 2016 [Internet]. 2015 Nov. Available from: http://www.computereconomics.com/page.cfm?name=outsourcing.
- Gröner G, Pan JZ, Zhao Y, Kendall EF, Stojanovic L. Introduction to the Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Semantic Web Enabled Software Engineering (SWESE) 2013. Service-Oriented Computing–ICSOC 2013 Workshops; 2014. p. 223–24.
- Ilyas QM. Ontology augmented software engineering. Software Development Techniques for Constructive Information Systems Design. 2013:406.
- Aßmann U, Zivkovic S, Miksa K, Siegemund K, Bartho A, Rahmani T. Ontology-guided software engineering in the MOST Workbench. Ontology-Driven Software Develop-ment; 2013. p. 293–318.
- Kumar A, Bhatia M, Beniwal R. Characterizing relatedness of web and requirements engineering, Webology. 2015; 12.
- Bhatia M, Kumar A, Beniwal R. Ontologies for software engineering: Past, present and fu-ture. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9.
- Isotani S, Bittencourt II, Barbosa EF, Dermeval D, Paiva ROA. Ontology driven software engineering: A review of challenges and opportunities. Latin America Transactions, IEEE (Revista IEEE America Latina). 2015; 13:863–9.
- SWOT analysis [Internet]. 2015 Nov. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWOT_analysis.
- Kumar A, Sharma A. SWOT analysis of requirements engineering for web applications. Journal of Advances Research in Science and Engineering. 2015; 4:34–43.
- Bhatia M, Kumar A, Beniwal R. Ontology based framework for automatic software's documentation. 2015 2nd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global De-velopment (INDIACom); 2015. p. 421–4.
- Bhatia M, Kumar A, Beniwal R. An ontology based framework for automatic detection and updation of requirement specifications. 2014 International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I); 2014. p. 238–42.
- Bhatia M, Kumar A, Beniwal R. Ontology based framework for ambiguity detection in software requirement specifications. 2016 3rd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom); 2016. p. 421–4.
- Bhatia M, Kumar A, Beniwal R. Ontology based framework for reverse engineering of conventional softwares. 2016 3rd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom); 2016. p. 421–4.
- Bontas EP, Mochol M. Towards a cost estimation model for ontology engineering. Ber-liner XML Tage; 2005. p. 153–60.
- Dillon TS, Chang E, Wongthongtham P. Ontology-based software engineering- Software Engineering 2.0. 19th Australian Conference on Software Engineering. ASWEC 2008; 2008. p. 13–23.
- Beckert B, Hoare T, Hähnle R, Smith DR, Green C, Ranise S. Intelligent systems and formal methods in software engineering. Intelligent Systems. 2006; 21:71–81.
- Hinchey M, Jackson M, Cousot P, Cook B, Bowen JP, Margaria T. Software engi-neering and formal methods. Communications of the ACM. 2008; 51:54–9.
- Atkinson C, Gutheil M, Kennel B. A flexible infrastructure for multilevel language engi-neering. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 2009; 35:742–55.
- Heino N, Dietzold S, Martin M, Auer S. Developing semantic web applications with the onto wiki framework. Networked Knowledge-Networked Media; 2009. p. 61–77.
- Shadbolt N, Hall W, Berners-Lee T. The semantic web revisited, Intelligent Systems. IEEE. 2006; 21:96–101.
- Cardoso J, Hepp M, Lytras MD. The semantic web: Real-world applications from in-dustry. Springer Science and Business Media. 2007; 6.
- Hendler J, Shadbolt N, Hall W, Berners-Lee T, Weitzner D. Web science: An interdisci-plinary approach to understanding the web. Communications of the ACM. 2008; 51:60–9.
- Devedžic V. Semantic web and education. Springer Science and Business Media. 2006; 6.
- Holanda O, Isotani S, Bittencourt II, Elias E, Tenório T. JOINT: Java Ontology Inte-grated Toolkit. Expert Systems with Applications. 2013; 40:6469–77.
- Isotani S, Mizoguchi R, Inaba A, Ikeda M. The foundations of a theory-aware author-ing tool for CSCL design. Computers and Education. 2010; 54:809–34.
- Huynh DF, Miller RC, Karger DR. Potluck: Data mash-up tool for casual users. Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web. 2008; 6:274–82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.