Total views : 399
Analysis and Design of a Controller for an SMIB Power System via Time Domain Approach
Background/Objectives: Designing a large interconnected system and to guarantee the system stability at a minimum cost is of very challenging task. From control theory point of view, a power system is a higher order multivariable process which operates constantly in a changing environment. Hence, it is necessary to perform the order reduction, for such a complex system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper order reduction techniques i.e. Modal Analysis Approach and Aggregation methods have been used to diminish the stable higher order system to a stable demoted order model. Findings: During approximation, the uniqueness of the original system are conserved in its demoted order model. Application/Improvements: The response of the demoted order model has been improved by designing a controller using pole placement technique.
Aggregation Method, SMIB Power System, Design of Controller, Modal Analysis Approach, Order Reduction.
- Kundur K. TATA McGraw-Hill Edition: Power system stability and control. 2006; p. 699-822.
- Obinata G, Anderson, Brian DO. Modern reduction for control system design. 2012.
- Aoki M. Control of large-scale dynamic systems by aggregation. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. 1968; 13(3):246-53.
- Zhao P, Rozsa G, Sinha NK. On the selection of the Eigen values to be retained in a reduced-order model. Proceedings 19th Annual Allerton, Conference on Control, Communication and Computing Monticello. 1981; 111:163-73.
- Elrazaz Z, Sinha N. A review of some model reduction techniques. Electrical Engineering Journal Canadian. 1981; 6(1):34-40.
- Gayatri B, Kumar KK, Lakshmi AVS. Uncertain Systems Order Reduction by Modal Analysis Approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct; 9(38):1-9.
- Ahmad MS, Jamil M, Iqbal J, Khan MN, Malik MH, Butt SI. Modal Analysis of Ship’s Mast Structure using Effective Mass Participation Factor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21):1-5.
- Kandagal SB. Piezoceramic (PZT) Patch in Impulse Hammer for Modal Analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Mar; 2(3):1-4.
- Fortuna G, Nunnari A, Gallo G. Model order reduction techniques with Applications in Electrical Engineering. 2012.
- P.R.G.J, Sinha NK. On the selection of states to be retained in a reduced-order model. IEEE Proceedings D (Control Theory and Applications). 1984.
- Mitra D. On the reduction of complexity of linear dynamic models. United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority, Win frith, Report AEEW-R520. 1967.
- Ogata K. PHI Pvt. Ltd.: Modern Control Engineering, 2nd Edition. 2004.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.