Total views : 163
A Review on Power Management and Power Quality for Islanded PV Microgrid in Smart Village
Objective: To review the challenges of Power management and Power quality for islanded Photo-Voltaic (PV) microgrid for smart village electrification. Method: From different reviews, we understand the challenges and facts of power management and power quality for islanded PV Microgrid. The power management solutions are proposed based on smart management system w.r.t load demand and for improving the power quality intelligent Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) devices are proposed. Findings: The islanded PV microgrid a transformative solution to meet the energy demands for smart village or smart city. The intelligent control for power management and power quality will improve the reliability of islanded PV Microgrid in smart village. Applications: The smart village or smart city concept bring up by government of India for implement the modern services and modern electrification of rural area, which is the control pillar of Indian development.
Electrification, Intelligent, Power Management, Power Quality, PV Microgrid, Smart Village.
- Wei Du, Jiang Q, Micah J, Erickson, Robert H, Lasseter. Voltage-Source Control of PV Inverter in a CERTS Microgrid, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2014 Aug; 29(4):1726−34. Crossref.
- Thakur, Devbratta. Power Management Strategies for a Wind Energy Source in an Isolated Microgrid and Grid Connected System, Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository. 2015; 2839:1−288.
- Salomonsson D, Sannino A. Low-voltage DC Distribution System for Commercial Power Systems with Sensitive Electronic Loads, IEEE Trans. Pow. Del. 2007 Jul; 22(3):1620−27. Crossref.
- Lu W, Ooi BT. Optimal Acquisition and Aggregation of Offshore Wind Power by Multiterminal Voltage-Source HVDC, IEEE Trans. Power Del. 2003 Jan; 18(1):201–06. Crossref.
- Castilla M, Miret J, Camacho A, Matas J, Vicu-a LG. Voltage Support Control Strategies for Static Synchronous Compensators Under Unbalanced Voltage Sags, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2014 Feb; 61(2):808−20. Crossref.
- Mahmud MA, Pota HR, Hossain MJ. Nonlinear Current Control Scheme for a Single-Phase Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy. 2014 Jan; 5(1):218−17. Crossref.
- Schipman K, Delincé F. The Importance of Good Power Quality, ABB Power Quality Products, Belgium; 2015. p 1−20.
- Eid A. Performance of Grid-connected Hybrid Photovoltaic/ Fuel Cell/Battery Distributed Generation Systems, International conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Japan; 2013 Mar. p. 147−54.
- Gurguiatu G, Vechiu I, Munteanu T. Power Quality Improvement using Renewable Energy, RE&PQJ. 2011 May; 1(9):735−38. Crossref.
- Modal A, Misra S, Obaidat MS. Distributed Home Energy Management with Storage in Smart Grid using Game Theory, IEEE Systems Journal. 2015 May; 99:1932−8184.
- Arnold R. Solutions to Power Quality Problems, Power Engineering Journal. 2001; 2:65−73.
- Stones J, Collinsion A. Introduction to Power Quality, Power Engineering Journal. 2001; 58−64.
- Gregory F, Reed, Takeda M. Improved Power Quality Solutions using Advanced Solid-State Switching and Static Compensation Technologies, Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, IEEE; 1999. p. 14−15.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.