Total views : 135
Analyzing the Effect of Distributed Generators on Economical and Technical Aspects of Distribution Systems
Objectives: This paper presents a two stage solution strategy to solve multi objective optimization problem in the presence of Distributed Generators (DG) in planning a primary distribution system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Using this, the economical aspects such as net savings and the technical aspects such as voltage deviation and section current index objectives are optimized while satisfying system equality and in-equality constraints. The optimum number of DGs and its optimal locations are identified in a given system so as to enhance the system security by minimizing the system power losses. The proposed methodology uses fuzzy decision approach to select the best compromised solution from the total generation Pareto solution as per the operators' requirement. Findings: According to the analytical results, the proposed framework in the presence of DGs enhances the system performance more effectively. Application/Improvements: The feasibility and effectiveness of the proposed method are examined on standard 15-node, 33-node and 69-node test systems.
Effect of Distributed Generators, NSMCSA, Optimal Placement, Savings, Section Current Index, Voltage Deviation.
- Kansal S, Kumar V, Tyagi B. Optimal placement of different type of DG sources in distribution network. International Journal of Electric Power and Energy System. 2011; 3(3):47-55.
- Injeti SK, Kumar NP. A novel approach to identify optimal access point and capacity of multiple DGs in small, medium and large scale radial distribution systems. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2013; 45:142-51. Crossref
- Murthy VVSN, Kumar A. A comparison of optimal DG allocation methods in radial distribution systems based on sensitivity approaches. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2013; 53:450-67. Crossref
- Mistry KD, Roy R. Enhancement of loading capacity of distribution system through distributed generator placement considering techno-economic benefits with load growth. International Journal Electric Power and Energy Systems. 2014 January; 54:505-15. Crossref
- Hung DQ, Mithulananthan N, Lee KY. Optimal placement of dispatchable and nondispatchable DG units in distribution networks for minimizing energy loss. International Journal Electric Power and Energy Systems. 2014; 55:17986. Crossref
- Hamedi H, Gandomkar M. A straight forward approach to minimizing unsupplied energy and power loss through DG placement and evaluating power quality in relation to load variations over time. International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems. 2014; 55:179-86.
- Walling RA, Saint R, Dugan RC, Burke J, Kojovic LA. Summary of distributed resources impact on power delivery systems. IEEE Trans Power Delivery. 2008; 23(3):1636-44. Crossref
- Haghifam MR, Falaghi H, Malik O. Risk-based distributed generation placement. IET Generation, Transmission, Distribution. 2008; 2 (2):252-60. Crossref
- Ayres HM, Freitas W, De Almeida MC, Da Silva LCP. Method for determining the maximum allowable penetration level of distributed generation without steady-state voltage violations. IET Generation, Transmission, Distribution. 2010; 4:495-508. Crossref
- CIGRE. Impact of increasing contribution of dispersed generation on the power system. Working Group 37.23. International Conference on Large High Voltage Electric Systems Study Committee Power System Planning and Development Working Group. 1999; 137:44.
- Masoum MAS, Ladjevardi M, Jafarian A, Fuchs EF. Optimal placement, replacement and sizing of capacitor banks in distorted distribution networks by genetic algorithms. IEEE Trans Power Delivery. 2004; 19 (4):1794-801. Crossref
- Alonso M, Amars H, Chindris M. A multiobjective Var/ Volt Management System in Smartgrids. Energy Procedia. 2012; 14:1490-95. Crossref
- Alonso M, Amaris H, Alvarez-Ortega C. A multiobjective approach for reactive power planning in networks with wind power generation. Renewable Energy. 2013; 37(1):180-91. Crossref
- Niknam T. A new HBMO algorithm for multi objective daily Volt/Var control in distribution systems considering distributed generators. Applied Energy. 2011; 88 (3):77888. Crossref
- Malekpour AR, Tabatabaei S, Niknam T. Probabilistic approach to multi-objective Volt/Var control of distribution system considering hybrid fuel cell and wind energy sources using improved shuffled frog leaping algorithm. Renew Energy. 2012; 39 (1):228-40. Crossref
- Niknam T, Firouzi BB, Ostadi A. A new fuzzy adaptive particle swarm optimization for daily Volt/Var control in distribution networks considering distributed generators. Applied Energy. 2010; 87(6):1919-28. Crossref
- Martinez-Rojas M, Sumper A, Gomis-Bellmunt O, Sudri-Andreu A. Reactive power dispatch in wind farms using particle swarm optimization technique and feasible solutions search. Applied Energy. 2011; 88(12):4678-86. Crossref
- Zhao JJ, Fu Y, Li DD. Reactive power optimization in distribution network considering reactive power regulation capability of DFIG wind farm. Automation of Electrical Power Systems. 2011; 35(11):33-38.
- Wang XD, Hirsch C, Kang S, Lacor C. Multi-objective optimization of turbo-machinery using improved NSGA-II and approximation model. Computer Method Applied Mechanical Engineering. 2011; 200(9-12):883-95. Crossref
- Cheng S, Chen MY, Wai RJ, Wang FZ. Optimal placement of distributed generation units in distribution systems via an enhanced multi-objective particle swarm optimization algorithm. Journal Zhejiang Univ-Sci C (Computer & Electronics). 2014; 15(4):300-11.
- Gallego RA, Monticelli AJ, Romero R. Optimal capacitor placement in radial distribution networks. IEEE Trans Power Delivery. 2001; 16(4):630-37. Crossref
- Abu-Mouti FS, El-Hawary ME. Optimal distributed generation allocation and sizing in distribution systems via artificial bee colony algorithm. IEEE Trans Power Delivery. 2011; 26 (4):2090-101. Crossref
- Singh SP, Rao AR. Optimal allocation of capacitors in distribution systems using particle swarm optimization. International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems. 2012; 43:1267-75. Crossref
- Hung DQ, Mithulananthan N, Bansal RC. Analytical expressions for DG allocation in primary distribution networks. IEEE Trans Energy Conversation. 2010; 25 (3):81420. Crossref
- Celli G, Ghiani E, Mocci S, Pilo F. A multi-objective evolutionary algorithm for the sizing and siting of distributed generation. IEEE Trans Power Systems. 2005; 20(2):750-57. Crossref
- Abou.El-Ela A, Allam S, Shatla M. Maximal optimal benefits of distributed generation using genetic algorithms. Electric Power System Research. 2010; 80(6):869-77.
- Moradi MH, Abedini M. A combination of genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization for optimal DG location and sizing in distribution systems. International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems. 2012; 34(1):66-74. Crossref
- Sajjadi SM, Haghifam MR, Salehi J. Simultaneous placement of distributed generation and capacitors in distribution networks considering voltage stability index. International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems. 2013; 46:366-75. Crossref
- Shaaban MF, Atwa YM, El-Saadany EF. DG allocation for benefit maximization in distribution networks. IEEE Trans Power Systems. 2013; 28(2):639-49. Crossref
- Durgun I, Yildiz AR. Structural design optimization of vehicle components using Cuckoo search algorithm. Materials Testing. 2012; 54(3):185-88. Crossref
- Luo GX, Semlyen A. Efficient load flow for largely weakly meshed networks. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1990; 5(4):1309-16. Crossref
- Naresh Babu AV, Ramana T, Sivanagaraju S. Analysis of optimal power flow problem based on two stage initialization algorithm. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2014; 55:91-99. Crossref
- Deb K. Optimization for engineering design: Algorithms and examples. PHI. 2009; p. 303-16.
- Niknam T, Azizipanah-Abarghooee R, Aghaei J. A new modified teaching-learning algorithm for reserve constrained dynamic economic dispatch. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2012; 28(2):749-63. Crossref
- Vaisakh K, Praveena P, Rao SRM, Meah K. Solving dynamic economic dispatch problem with security constraints using bacterial foraging PSO-DE algorithm. Electrical power and energy systems. 2012; 39:56-67.
- 36-Numbers. Accessed Date: 11/09/2007: Crossref.
- Ghosh S, Das D. Method for load flow solution of radial distribution networks. IEEE proceedings on Generation, Transmission and Distribution. 1999 November; 14:6(4)641-48.
- Gomes FV.A new heuristic reconfiguration algorithm for large distribution systems. IEEE Transactions Power Systems. 2005; 20(3):1373-78. Crossref
- Savier XS, Das D. Impact of network reconfiguration on loss allocation of radial distribution systems. IEEE Trans Power Delivery. 2007; 22 (4):2473-80. Crossref
- Viral R, X Khatod DK. An analytical approach for sizing and siting of DG’s in balanced radial distribution networks for loss minimization. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2016 July; p.191-201.
- Tah A, Das D. Novel analytical method for the placement and sizing of distributed generation unit on distribution networks with and without considering P and PQV buses. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2016; 78:401-13. Crossref
- Aliyari H, Effatnejad R, Izadi M, Hosseinian SH, Shirkhani M. Injection of Reactive Power for Optimization Power Loss and Voltage Deviation with a Proposed NSGA-II. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 September; 9(36):1-7. Crossref
- Vidyasagar S, Vijayakumar K, Sattianadan D, George X, Fernandez. Optimal Placement of DG Based On Voltage Stability Index and Voltage Deviation Index. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 October; 9(38):1-9. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.