Total views : 1162
Public Transportation Automated Fare Collection Systems Design
Objectives: The article discusses the development of automated payment systems of public transport fare and accounting of passengers. The main objective of the study is a creation of the concept, which allows us to take into account the practical difficulties of collecting fare, electronic monitoring of passenger traffic and control of public transport routes. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: Design of the automated systems is based on analysis of business process chains and their gradual decomposition. The basis of the study approach is developed from the hypothesis about a universal technical and economic solution that allows us to integrate the autonomous elements of the system. The authors summarize the international experience in the development of similar systems in order to create the best practices. Findings: The study worked out the general principles of the automated fare systems in transport. The paper presents the form of deployment, describes typical solutions for the design and gives an example of its practical implementation. The authors specified a composition of business processes in the system operation at various stages. To assess the implementation prospects, the SWOTanalysis was carried out for the electronic accounting systems of the passenger traffic by using state and multiple vendors’ fare cards. Application/Improvement: The results of the comparative study of the automated systems made it possible to complement the existing concept with internal control components for autonomous elements. The authors suggested the introduction of “stop list” units between synchronization intervals in the implementation of fare transactions, as well as differential risk transfer for the fare fixing by the system users.
Automated Data Processing ,Control Systems, Fare, Passenger Traffic , Urban Transport.
- Demchenko VN, Kurbatov AV. Topical issues of concessionary road transportation financing in Moscow Region.Vestnik Universiteta (State University of Management) 2015; 1: 177–84.
- Liu Y, Liu C, Yuan NJ, Duan L, Fu Y, Xiong H, Xu S, Wu J.Intelligent bus routing with heterogeneous human mobility patterns. Knowledge and Information System; 2016.p.1–33.
- Sankov VG, Morozov SA. Performance of control teams and percentage of checked passengers in the electric train.Logisticheskie sistemy global’noy ekonomike .2015; 5: 353–56.
- Yu B . The introduction of the automated control system for fare payment with mobile module NFC in public transport.Tekhnologicheskiy audit i rezervy proizvodstva. 2015; 4(24):24 –9.
- Fescioglu-Unver N, Choi HS, Sheen D, Kumara S. RFID in production and service systems: technology, applications and issues. Information System . Dec 2015; 17(3): 1369–80.
- Dong Z, Wang M, Yang X. Comparative study of China and USA public private partnerships in public transportation.Journal of Modification Transport. Sep 2016;,24(3): 215–23.
- Grushnikova VV. Technological aspects of modern passenger transport. Transport: nauka, tekhnika, upravlenie .2013; 12: 38–45.
- Drovnenkov AN. Automated fare collection system in public transport. In: Information and Communication Technologies in Regional Development. Proceedings of the Second Annual Inter-Regional Scientific-Practical Conference. Chennai,Tamilnadu: 2009. p. 52–6.
- Lins F, Damasceno J, Medeiros R, Sousa E, Rosa N.Automation of service-based security-aware business processes in the Cloud. Computing Sep 2016; 98(9): 847–70.
- Bench-Capon TJ. Transition systems for designing and reasoning about norms. Artif Intell Law. Dec 2015; 23(4): 345-66.
- Moiseeva MA, Fadeev DS. Fare tariff systems on urban passenger transport. Aktual’nye problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk. 2015; 6(1): 86–91.
- Nepogozhev AA, Kemerova SA. Implementation of transport card to increase the level of fare collection in urban areas. In: Generation of Future: Young Scientists View Collection of scientific articles of the 4th International Youth Scientific Conference. India: 2015.p. 147-50.
- Payment System – eKassir , http://www.ekassir.com/ru/ products/payment-system, Date accessed: 21/ 3/ 2015
- The UK program of contactless fare collection, cdn.lek.com/.../LEK_Mastercard_Contactless_Payments_Mark_ Streeting, Date accessed; 2015.
- Lee JK, Moon SY, Park JH. CloudRPS: a cloud analysis based enhanced ransomware prevention system. Journal of Super computer. 2016; 1-20.
- Skobelev PO, Lada AN. A solution to the subtask of initial distribution of transport resources in a special optimization FTL transportation problem in real-time using the Hungarian algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Mar 2016; 9(12):1-8.
- Mittal P, Singh Y, Sharma Y. Macroscopic traffic flow model based dynamic road traffic lights management framework.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Dec 2015;8(33):1 –6.
- Han KH, Bae WS. Proposal and verification of functionbased security protocol for vehicular communication system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Oct 2015; 8(27):1-12.
- Dubrovsky V, Yaroshevich N, Kuzmin E. Transactional Approach in assessment of operational performance of companies in transport infrastructure. Journal of Indian and Engineering Management. 2016; 9(2): 389-412.
- Kuzmin EA. Fundamentals in systematics of uncertainty management theory. Mediterrian Journal of Social Science.6 Sep 2015;5(2): 380–89.
- Elovikov AV. Implementation of an automated fare control and account system in suburban trains. Istoriya i perspektivy razvitiya transporta na severe Rossii. 2012; 1: 54–8.
- Fare procedure on public transport and ticket prices, http:// www.broward.org/BCT/Fares/Pages/FaresPasses.aspx , Date accessed: 1/ 10/ 2015.
- Fedorov VA. Why it is necessary to abandon the conductor method of fare collection and how to organize fare control in the transition period. Molodoy uchenyy. 2014; 10(69): 271–76.
- Gvozdeva TV, Ballod BA. Information systems development: a textbook. Moscow: Feniks; 2009.p. 512 .
- Mittal P, Singh Y. Development of intelligent transportation system for improving average moving and waiting time with artificial intelligence. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Jan 2016; 9(3):1 –7.
- Modern passenger traffic forecast technologies. http://blipsystems.com/airport/?gclid=CIWhyfKOhdECFdOHaAod30wD1g, Date accessed: 2015.
- Sankov VG, Morozov SA. Control of the passengers in electric trains: intensity and percentage of coverage.Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Novaya seriya. Seriya: Ekonomika. Upravlenie. Pravo. 2015; 15(3):291 –97.
- Sankov V, Morozov S. Fare control by electric trains: classification and characterization of methods. Logistika. 2014; 1(86): 36–8.
- Sankov VG, Morozov SA. Suburban transportation of passengers by electric trains: the problem of optimizing the fare collection. Vestnik Yuzhno-Ural’skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i menedzhment.2015; 9(3): 169–75.
- Whitman M, Woszczynski A. The handbook of information systems research. Hershey, PA: IGI Global; 2003.p. 364.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.