Total views : 317
Design and Implementation of Fuzzy Logic Controller cum Hysteresis Current Controlled STATCOM for Improving Power Quality
Objectives: In this paper, we propose a new hybrid controller, Fuzzy Logic Controller (FLC) cum Hysteresis Current Controlled (HCC) Static Compensator (STATCOM) for enhancing the power quality. Methods/Statistical analysis: The DC link capacitor voltage of VSI is manipulated by the FLC and the HCC is used to modify the shape the source current such that it is in-phase with the input voltage. Findings: The output results of THD across single phase and three phase power system without STATCOM are 71.75% and 18.06%. In this proposed work different control schemes and loads are considered e.g, FFT analysis output of Single phase with STATCOM (PI cum HCC, R-L load) = 6.49%, (PI cum HCC, R-C load) = 8.58%, (FLC cum HCC, R-L load) =2.92%, (FLC cum HCC, R-C load) = 3.12%. Three phase with STATCOM (PI cum HCC, R-L-E load) =14.65 %,( FLC cum HCC, R-L-E load) =9.18%. Application/Improvements: In single phase system and three phase system, FLC cum HCC shows better performance compared to other methods and model is verified by using MATLAB/Simulink.
Fuzzy Logic Control, Hysteresis Control, STATCOM.
- Singh B , Al-Haddad K ,Chandra A. A Review of active filter for power quality improvements IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 1999; 46(5):960–70 .
- Mohanadasse K, Sharmeela C , Sudhakar TD. Filters for power quality improvement – A survey Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2015; 9(2):81–93.
- Gautam S , Yunqing P , Kashif M , Kafle Y , Yibo L. DC side voltage control consideration for single phase shunt active power filter for harmonic and reactive power compensation. Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2015; 15(4):290–7.
- Chelli Z , Toufouti R , Omeiri A , Saad S. Hysteresis control for shunt active power filter under unbalanced three-phase load conditions. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2015:1–9.
- Anzari M, Chandran R , Kumar AR . Single-Phase shunt active power filters using indirect control method. Advance in Electronic and Electric Engineering. 2013; 3(1):81–90.
- Ashraf A , Sherif HA, Ahmed ZA. ,Elkousyshokkry M , Saad S. Ensures DC voltage control with back stepping design scheme for shunt active power filter. Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2015; 15(1):294–303.
- Belaidi R , Haddouche A , Guendouz H. FLC based three-phase shunt active power filter for compensating harmonics and reactive power under unbalanced mains voltages. Energy Procedia. 2012; 18:560–70.
- Mani PK, Naidu K. FLC based three phase shunt active filter for power quality improvement in distributions system. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2016; 11(2):1127–32.
- Pal S, Ray SP, Dasgupta D, Chongdar L. Performance analysis of a three level twelve-pulse VSC based STATCOM under fault condition. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Sep; 6(9):1–6.
- Karthikeyan K, Dhal PK. Small signal stability enhancement using STATCOM based on Eigen value analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(34):1–7.
- Thilagar PP, Harikrishnan R. Application of intelligent firefly algorithm to solve OPF with STATCOM. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1–5.
- Ravi M. Comparison of PV supported DVR and DSTATCOM with multiple feeders in standalone WECS by mitigating power quality problems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–5.
- Manjula HS, Sasikumar M. Current harmonics reduction using HCC for a wind driven self-excited induction generator drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–6.
- Aminifar S, Marzuki AB. Voltage-mode FLC. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Nov; 5(11):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.