Total views : 210
A Study on Creative Personality, Justice-oriented Morality and Care-oriented Morality in Pre-service Early Childhood Teachers
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to examine whether there is relationship and difference among creative personality, justice-oriented and care-oriented morality in pre-service early childhood teachers. Method/statistical Analysis: To do this, three measurement tools in a questionnaire form were used by having research subjects as totally 258 freshmen, sophomores and juniors with a major in early childhood education at four universities where are located in Busan and Ulsan. Data were analyzed with ANOVA and Pearson correlation coefficient by using SPSS 22 program. Findings: As a result of the research, first, in a test of creative personality in pre-service early childhood teachers, the average score in a factor of ‘obsession with patience’ among 8 elements was notably lower compared to other factors. Second, more than a majority of the pre-service early childhood teachers corresponded to the top level by which the justice-oriented morality level was classified into three groups in top, medium and low. The care-oriented morality level was grasped to correspond to level No. 2.5 among levels in No. 1, No. 2.5, No. 2, No. 2.5, and No. 3. However, it was indicated that there is no difference between justice-oriented morality level and care-oriented morality level. Third, among factors of creative personality, the factors in ‘obsession with patience’ and ‘independence’ had significant correlation with the justice-oriented morality. Application/Improvements: The factor of ‘openness’ was shown to have significant correlation with the care-oriented morality.
Creativity, Care-oriented Morality, Justice-oriented Morality, Personality, Pre-service Early Childhood Teacher.
- Moon YL, Choi IS. Issues of creativity and personality education. Inha Educational Research Institute Symposium. 2010; 10:21–9.
- Park YT. A study of the program for creative personality development. Journal of Local Education Management. 2002; 7:235–64.
- Kim HS. Development and validation of diagnostic measurements of creativity. Allergy Asthma Immunol Research. 1999; 13(4):269–303.
- Ronaldm ES, Radislav AP. Internal standardization and calibration architectures for chemical sensors, Boston, Massachusetts, SPIE; 1999.
- Koh KH. A study on the types of academic self-regulations. Department Elementary Educatio the Graduate School of Education Ewha Womans University; 2003.
- Park YT, Lee KN, Ha SY. Early childhood teachers’ efficacy, job satisfaction and creative personality. South Korea opened Infant Education Conference Proceedings. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education. 2008; 5:429–51.
- Csikszentmihalyi M. Flow and the psychology of discovery and invention. New York: Harper Collins; 1996.
- Torrance EP. Education and the creative potential, University of Minnesota Press; 1963.
- Lee KH, Kim EK. Analysis of the national assessment of educational achievement in creativity, personality model schools and public schools. The Journal of Korean Education. 2014; 41(2):139–56.
- Kim HN. Elementary school teachers’ conception and management conditions on creativity and character education, Department Elementary Educatio The Graduate School of Education Ewha Womans University; 2013.
- Park CS. Application of the character and creativity education of Korean unification content in moral education curriculum. Society for Moral and Ethics Education. 2012; 41:23–48.
- Yang JE, Kim HJ, Lei G, Kim EJ, Kim SW, Lee HJ. Perceptions of Science Teachers on Socioscientific Issues as an Instructional Tool for Creativity and Character Education. Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education. 2012; 32(1):113–28.
- Lee IS. Home economics teachers’ concern and performance on creativity and personality education in Home Economics education : Based on Concerns Based Adoption Model (CBAM). Department Elementary Educatio The Graduate School of Education Ewha Womans University; 2011.
- Ji YI. Development of the teaching and learning methods of fine arts forfostering creativity and personality: Focusing on the high school 1st grade students. Fine Arts Education Major Department of Education Graduate School of Education Hongik University; 2013.
- Hong BS. How to apply to sicial studies the education of creativity and characters, virtues. Journal of Education and Culture. 2010; 16(3):31–61.
- Nam YS. The effects of science education emphasized on the creativity and character upon the creativity and science-related attitude. Master’s Thesis, Busan National University of Education; 2013.
- Choi KS. A study on the development and effects of project learning programs of a home economics subject for creativity, character education: Focusing on a ‘residential space utilization’ unit in middle school, Major of Home Economics Edacation Graduate School of Education Korea National University of Education Chung-Buk, Korea; 2012.
- Lee KM, Choi YJ, Park SJ. Development of creativity and personality educational program for pre-service early childhood teachers and its effects. Korean Journal of Children’s Media. 2013; 12(2):73–96.
- Choi JW, Park CS, Yeon KN, Min YK, Lee EA, Jung WS, Seo JY, Cha DG, Hur JY, Lin CM. The problem of character education and alternative approach in Korea (creative character education). The Journal of Creativity Education. 2009; 9(2):89–112.
- Hwang HS, Kang SH. Relationships among thinking styles, psychological types, and creative personality in pre-service early childhood teachers. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education. 2005; 10(2):131–50.
- Mellou E. The two-conditions view of creativity. The Journal of Creative Behavior. 1996; 30(2):126–43.
- Ha JH. The developmental study of creative thinking, creative personality from childhood to youth. The Graduate School Sungkyunkwan University; 1999.
- Lee JY. The study on the difference of sex-role identity, psychological perspective and moral orientation related to adolescents’ cultural tendency. The Graduate School of Sogang University; 2007.
- Chung OB, Kwang KH. Care-oriented and justice-oriented morality. Seoul: Jipmoondang; 2003.
- Gilligan C. In a different voice. Harvard University Press; 1982.
- Skoe EE. The development and partial validation of a care-based measure of moral development. Doctoral Dissertation, Simon Fraser University. 1987; 19:1–10.
- Lee YM. Creative personality and teacher efficacy of pre-service kindergarthe teachers. Journal of Korean Child Care and Education. 2009; 5(2):1–18.
- Lee MS. Narrative inquiry on experiences and recognition about care-oriented morality of student teacher. Korean Elementary Moral Education Society. 2012; 38:155–76.
- Kin HJ, Lee HS, Youn JJ, Lee JK. A study on college students’ demands for creativity and personality education as part of the general education curriculum. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 5(S8):29–36.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.