Total views : 245
Procedure of Selecting Optimum Capacity and Voltage for an On-Board Electric Power Supply System Accumulators
Objectives: This article aims at discovering possibilities of full use of resources of on-board power supply units against any limitations that arise in operation of robotic systems. Methods: Large-scale implementation of mobile robotic systems determines feasibility of more severe requirements to engineering solutions that are specified for the design of such systems. Simulation of an accumulator discharge process with the given supplied power schedule of an electric propulsion system and other on-board systems is an approach to optimizing the electric power supply and electric propulsion systems that is used in this article. Findings: An accumulator battery discharge model is proposed based on which the algorithm for calculating the actual battery capacity is developed. The input data for the algorithm is a family of discharge characteristics given in the tabular form and containing the curves U = f (C) for some finite set of discharge currents. Optimization criteria for electric propulsion and electric power supply systems are discussed, the relevance of task of accurate calculation of accumulator battery capacity against an alternative schedule of supplied power is justified, key electric power consumers and specifications are provided, and a list of input data to calculate the electric power supply system is made. A block diagram of use efficiency estimation of accumulator batteries is offered. Applications/Improvements: The developed algorithm for calculating the actual battery capacity for a given power consumption schedule can be used to select batteries with the lowest possible weight. Application of the proposed methodology for assessing the utilization efficiency of accumulator batteries will improve the mass-dimensional indicators of the developed mobile systems, as well as reduce their cost and power consumption.
Accumulator, Electric Power Supply, Electric Propulsion, Optimization, Robot, Resource.
- Pal RD, Paul AKR. Charge-discharge studies of lithium-ion batteries. 2015. Proceedings of the 2015 COMSOL Conference in Pune. Available from: https://www.comsol.com/paper/charge-discharge-studies-of-lithium-iron-phosphate-batteries-30271. Dates accessed: 09/08/2016.
- Vyroubal P, Kazda T, Maxa J, Vondrak J, Sedlarikova M, Tichy L, Cipin R. 3D Modelling and study of electrochemical characteristics and thermal stability of commercial accumulator by simulation methods. International Journal of Electrochemical Science. 2016 May; 3:1810–2512.
- Klimenko GK, Sorokin MI. Studying power specification of special-purpose accumulators. Engineering Journal: Science and Innovations. E-technical Periodical. 2014; 2(26). Doi: 10.18698/2308-6033-2014-2-1204.
- Galushkin NE, Yazvinskaya NN, Galushkin DN. Generalized analytical model for capacity evaluation of automotive-grade lithium batteries. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 2015 Jan; 162(3):A308–14. Doi: 10.1149/2.0311503jes.
- Galushkin NE, Yazvinskaya NN, Galushkina IA. Analyzing the use of empirical correlations for capacity evaluation of high-rate discharge nickel-cadmium batteries by SAFT. Fundamental Research. 2012; 11-5:1180–4. ISSN 1812-7339.
- Klimenko GK, Liapin AA, Marakhtanov MK. Studying thermal state of an accumulator in a work cycle. Engineering Journal: Science and Innovations. E-technical Periodical. 2013; 10(22). Doi: 10.18698/2308-6033-2013-10-1030.
- Sedov AV, Onyshko DA, Lipkin MS. Physical and mathematical design principles of intelligence control devices of autonomous accumulator power supplies. Fundamental Research. 2015; 12-6:1134–8.
- Krieger EM, Cannarella J, Arnold CB. A comparison of lead-acid and lithium-based battery behavior and capacity fade in off-grid renewable charging applications. Energy. 2013; 60(C):492–500. Available from: http://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:eee:energy:v:60:y:2013:i:c:p:492-500. Dates accessed: 09/08/2016. ISSN: 0360-5442.
- DiOrio N, Dobos A, Janzou S. Economic analysis case studies of battery energy storage with SAM. National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Denver, CO, USA. 2015.
- Zatulov S, Premiakov S. 20 to 12000 W AC/DC and DC/DC power modules. Available from: http://www.aeip.ru/images/Articles/article05.pdf. Dates accessed: 09/08/2016.
- Converter URB1D_LD-15W & URB1D_LD-20W Series DC/DC. Mornsun Product Catalogue. 2016. Available from: http://www.mornsun-power.com/uploads/pdf/URB1D_LD-20W.pdf.
- Schwickart T, Voos H, Hadji-Minaglou J-R, Darouach M. A fast model-predictive speed controller for minimised charge consumption of electric vehicles. Asian Journal of Control. 2016 Jan; 18(1):133–49. Doi: 10.1002/asjc.1251.
- Yan Q, Zhang B, Kezunovic M. Optimization of electric vehicle movement for efficient energy consumption. North American Power Symposium (NAPS). 2014 Sep 7-9. Doi: 10.1109/NAPS.2014.6965467.
- Novak D, Pavlovkin J, Volf J, Novak V. Optimization of vehicles’ trajectories by means of interpolation and approximation methods. Agronomy Research. 2016; 14(3):862–72. Available from: http://agronomy.emu.ee/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Vol14-_nr3_Novak.pdf#abstract-4315.
- Braslavskii IY. Energy-saving asynchronous electric drive: a textbook for college students. Academy Publishing House: Moscow. 2004.
- Rajan N, Kumar AG. A Power Quality Survey on a 22 kV Electrical Distribution System of a Technical Institution as per Standards. IJST. 2016; 9(30). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i30/99034.
- Chandrasekar Rao TS, Geetha K. Categories, Standards and Recent Trends in Wireless Power Transfer: A Survey. IJST. 2016; 9(20). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i20/91041.
- Kolanchinathan VP, Kumar GS. Design and Implementation of the Combinational Circuits Testing using Accumulator based BIST to Reduce Delay, Power Consumption and Area. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(16).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.