Total views : 240
Relationship between Life Style and Interest in Sport among Members of Sport for All Clubs
Objectives: This study was conducted to practically clarify the relationship between the life styles of sports club members and their interest in sports. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Subjects of the study were 277 people in sports clubs in Gwangju Metropolitan city and a survey was conducted. As for data analysis, exploratory factor analysis, verification of reliability, correlation analysis and multiple regression analysis were conducted to derive the following conclusions. Findings: The correlation between life styles and interest in sports was positive in all the sub-variables. According to the results of analyzing the relationship between life styles and interest in sports, the life styles of sports club members positively influenced self-positiveness, self-achievement and self-confirmation. Health management positively influenced interest. Self-positiveness, nihilism and preference for trends positively influenced sociality. Nihilism, self-achievement, sensitivity to information and self-positiveness positively influences health. Self-achievement, self-positiveness and health management positively influences recognition. Application/Improvement: Considering the limitations of this study, a follow up study is suggested for more development. The scope of the study was limited to people in sports clubs in Gwangju Metropolitan city. Therefore, it is recommended for the follow up study to include people in sports clubs across the entire nation. In addition, a follow-up study is required on the types of exercise or games since exercise types were not sub-divided in the research.
Health Management, Interest in Sports, Life Styles, Self-Achievement, Self-Positiveness, Sports Club Members.
- Lim BJ, Seo HJ. The influence of lifestyle characteristics on behavior of sport consumers. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2000; 39(2):233–41.
- Kim YB. The relationships between of lifestyles and participation sports activity on the middle-aged housewife. Korea Sport Research. 2006; 17(1):515–24.
- Park MH, Lee JH. A study on relationships between office workers life styles and flow experience of participation in sports. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2000; 39(2):126–38.
- Choi YR, Baek SI, Yoon SM. Impact of self-management of sport emotion and sport confidence in sport-for-all participants. The Korean Journal of Sport. 2014; 12(4):241–52.
- Lee DH, Kim SC. The effects of the quality of life on the middle-aged women according to the participation of sports activity. Korea Society of Sport Psychology. 2003; 14(4):127–47.
- Suk OD, Seung YD, Sub JJ. The relationship between participant motivation, class satisfaction, interpersonal relationship and intention to continue sports in cultural physical education of university students. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2013; 22(1):467–80.
- Hae PI. Influence of baseball club participant’s goal orientation, fun factor and leisure satisfaction on intention to continue exercise. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2011; 35(3):105–15.
- Lee YS. A study on effectiveness evaluation of sport for all policy. Journal of Korean Society of Sport Policy. 2013l 11(2):15–28.
- Kelly P, Hickey C, Tinning R. Producing knowledge about physical education pedagogy: Problematizing the activities of expertise. Quest. 2000; 52(3):284–96.
- Lee HG. The effect of motivation with baseball club member’s life-style by sociological characteristic of population. [Unpublished master’s Dissertation]. Chonnam National University.
- Hwang SH. How sports education model affects the pleasure of physical activity and the social-relationship through a soccer class. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education. 2010; 15(3):49–63.
- Gwan SY, Hyeon CS, Chul L. The difference in types among self-management and enjoyment on soccer players for elementary school. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2011; 50(4):77–90.
- Scanlan TK, Simons JP. The construct of sport enjoyment. Motivation in Sport and Exercise. G. C. Roberts, editor. Champaign; 1992.
- Pil KM, Young SK, Yong CS. Relationships among participation satisfaction, organizational effectiveness and organizational commitment in leisure sports participants of police organization. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2010; 10(9):193–203.
- Gould D, Carson S. Young athletes’ perceptions of the relationship between coaching behaviors and developmental experiences. International Journal of Coaching Science. 2011; 5(2):3–30.
- Young CI. The influence of social physique anxiety in participation in physical activities on exercise emotion and adherence of adult women. Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls Women. 2014; 28(1):87–99.
- Jun KB. Sources of enjoyment and stress in sports among Korean Young Athletes. Korean Society of Sport Psychology. 1999; 10(2):193–210.
- Kyun SD, Joon KE. Health behaviors and self-efficacy, loneliness of metropolitan the older adults. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2012; 21(5):389–403.
- Sik SY. Mediational role of intrinsic motivation between perceived caring climate and students` satisfaction, enjoyment and attitudes toward physical education class. Korean Society of Sport psychology. 2013; 24(2):75–87.
- Rhim YT, Park JW, Kim JD, Park SH, Yoo JI. The relations between the difference of self-determination level and sport enjoyment for youth Taekwondo Participants. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2010; 39(1):351–61.
- Jae KY. Relationship between enjoyment of collegiate golf players and commitment. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2011; 46(1):729–38.
- Yoo JY, Oh KR, Chun BK. Relationship among enjoyment, flow experience and continues intentions of female dance for all participants. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2011; 20(2):387–99.
- Huh JH, Sul JD. The validation of causality model of perceived motivational climate, sport fun, and commitment among adolescent players. Korean Society of Sport Psychology. 2011; 22(4):69–82.
- Plummer JT. Life style patterns and commercial bank credit card usage. Journal of Marketing. 1971; 35(2):35–42.
- Bang JG, Jo BH, Kim SK. Lifestyle and sports socialization of extreme sports’ participants. The Korean Journal of Sport. 2008; 6(2):69–83.
- Yun KT. A study of the relationship between Olympic park sport participants’ life style and degree of participation. [Unpublished master’s Dissertation]. Physical Education Korea National University; 2000.
- Lim JM. The relationships between sport commitment and consumer behavior according to lifestyle characteristics of sports club participants. [Unpublished master’s Dissertation]. Physical Education Korea National University; 2013.
- Jun KB, Hoon SC. Concepts-and current research: Enjoyment in sport. Korean Journal of Sport Pedagogy. 1996; 3(2):99–122.
- Han MJ. Relationship between flow experience, participation satisfaction and exercise adherence behaviors based on enjoyment factor of bowling participants. [Unpublished master’s Dissertation]. Kyung Hee University; 2012.
- Nunnally JC, Bemstein IH. Psychometric Theory. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1994.
- Yang JY. A study of singles' tourism behavior according to their lifestyle. [Unpublished master’s Dissertation]. Kyung Hee University; 2007.
- Wook KH, Hak MB, DomgSu A. Relationship among lifestyle, leisure satisfaction, and life satisfaction of participants in public sports facilities. Korea Society for Wellness. 2012; 7(1):1–12.
- Hyung LJ. The effect of life-style and participation motive on adventurous sports activity of flow degree. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2005; 44(4):207–17.
- Izard CE. The psychology of emotion. New York: Plenum; 1991.
- Cho BS, Lee YJ, Kim ML. The effect of sport enjoyment of badminton club members on self-esteem and subjective well-being. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2008; 32(2):35–45.
- Seop LC, Woo NS. A development of questionnaire on sources of enjoyment and worry in physical education class of middle school. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2003; 42(3):161–73.
- Park HB, Kim JT, Cho NH. Relationship among fun factor, leisure satisfaction and intention to continuance of university students in marine sports classes. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2010; 34(3):257–67.
- Jun-Taeg I. The relationship the participated level of extreme sports and perceived freedom and self-actualization. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 2003; 16(1):221–37.
- Seok SY. The relationship among leisure sports participation’s fun perception, exercises commitment and quality of life. [Unpublished master’s Dissertation]. Kwandong University; 2009.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.