Total views : 244
What is the Role of TV Commercials in the Trans-Media Era?
Objective: This study is focused on verifying the role and effectiveness of traditional media in terms of brand management to determine ways to effectively manage a variety of media in the trans-media era. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study, a hybrid mode comprising the concurrent use of TV commercials and online advertising and an online-only mode, which utilized only online advertising, were compared according to typical brand performance indices including brand awareness, brand preference, purchase intention, and brand image. Findings: The results of this study show that the hybrid mode has statistically significant higher performance in all brand indices than the online-only mode. This study provides some important implications in the context of the dwindling role of traditional media under the impact of new media, in so far as traditional media is revealed to be an important strategy even today. Improvements/Applications: The development of marketing communication strategies should take into account both the management of brand performance as a long-term aspect and the leading of customer buying behavior as a short-term aspect of comprehensive advertising plans in the trans-media era.
Brand Awareness, Emotional Image, Functional Image, Trans-Media Communications, TV Commercial.
- Shin D, Kim H. A study of transmedia contents: Storytelling and conceptualization. Journal of Korean Contents Marketing. 2010; 10(10):180–9.
- Heo J. Outlook for online advertising market. Samsung Economic Research Institute Research Paper; 2006.
- Kim H. The world of trans-media contents. Seoul, Korea: Communication Books; 2015.
- Kim Y. Analysis of multi-platforming strategy. Korea Telecommunication Management and Economic Research Institute Research Paper; 2009.
- Ryuji Y. Triple media marketing. Tokyo, Japan; 2011.
- Lee K. Effects of cross-media advertising campaign on brand engagement. Korean Journal of Communication Studies. 2012; 18(2):67–90.
- Yi G, Kim S, An D. New media advertising strategy. Journal of Korean Advertising. 2008; 12(3):114–26.
- Park M. Effects of television and internet banner ads on purchase intention. Korean Journal of Communication Studies. 2013; 19(3):167–88.
- Havlena W, Cardarelli R, Montigny M. Quantifying the isolated and synergistic effects of exposure frequency for TV, print, and internet advertising. Journal of Advertising Research. 2007; 47:215–21.
- Rubinson J. Empirical evidence of television advertising effectiveness. Journal of Advertising Research. 2009; 49(2):220–6.
- Homer P, Yoon S. Message framing and the interrelationships among ad-based feeling, affect, and cognition. Journal of Advertising. 1992; 21(1):30–9.
- Kim Y, Han S. The integration effects of product types, mobile advertising appeal types and temporal distance. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S7):576–80.
- Park S. A study on advertising effects of TV advertising attributes in foodservice brands. Journal of Korean Brand Design. 2012; 10(1):143–58.
- Keller K. Conceptualizing, measuring and managing customer-based brand equity. Journal of Marketing. 1991 Jan; 57(1):1–22.
- Kotler P, Keller K. Marketing management. NJ, USA: Prentice-Hall; 2011.
- Low G, Lam C. The measurement and dimensionality of brand association. Journal of Product and Brand Management. 2000; 9(6):350–70.
- Oh J, Jeong D. The effects of consumers’ beliefs about TV home shopping advertising on attitude and purchase intention. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.