Total views : 202
Study on Plasticity Make-Up Design of Modern Make-Up Artist Alex Box
Objectives: The make-up is the visual language containing the meaning that it expresses the person’s appearance through figurative factors using the color and texture and form of body. In order to understand of the modern makeup, it would be essential to study the formativeness of makeup design by Alex Box. Methods/Statistical analysis: The makeup design of a European makeup artist, Alex Box establishing the world of unique art works in the modern makeup area has been examined under the formative characteristics like color, texture, and form. Analyzing the personal backgrounds and figurative features of make-up design patterns of the Alex Box through European fashion magazines and fashion shows European countries. Findings: The figurative characteristic by the color was in harmony so that the sense of difference may not be felt in the coexistence of diverse color; splendid patterns have outstood with the action painting technique and harmony of diverse color. What aimed to be expressed getting out of the limit called whether or not of gloss has been expressed with the cubic effect by using the excessive objet in the figurative characteristic by the texture, the texture of make-up has been expressed with more cubic effect. The only weird, hideous and grotesque characteristics have been exposed a lot in the figurative characteristic by the form by Alex Box; those have been emerged as the surrealistic pattern of pale skin, the harmony of geometric patter, the expression of hatred form and eyelashes reminding the bugs, etc. Improvements/Applications: It aims to understand the modern make-up by understanding and analyzing the diverse expression technique focused on the figurative characteristic of make-up design and contributes to the specialized research development of make-up design pattern through this research.
Artist, Alex Box, Design, Make-Up, Modern, Plasticity.
- Jang YA. Study on Plasticity Makeup Design of Modern Makeup Artists. The graduated of Health and Welfare Woosong University Daejeon, 2016.
- Yun UJ. A Study of Education Plan for Beauty Design Applying Danyusemungyeong. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1-7.
- Oh IY. Study on the TV Female Anchor's Image according to the Make Up and Hair Style, The graduated of Kyunghee University Seoul, 2006.
- Kim, YS, Lee JM. Study on Appearance of Pop Art in Modern Makeup. The Korean Society of Cosmetology. 2003; 9(1):177.
- Kwon HS. A Study on Fashion Image Making Adapting Colors. The graduated of Sookmyung Women's University Seoul, 2003.
- Jung EH. Study on the characteristics of make up on the fashion show: Focused on oriental look in the twenties century. The graduated of Chosun University Gwangju, 2003.
- Lee JA. The study on Makeup in John Galliano’s Fashion Show. Master Dissertation. The graduated of Design Catholic University Daegu, 2002.
- Park JS. Study on the Expression Form of Make-up by H. Wolfflin`s Principles. Doctoral Dissertation. The graduated of Chonnam National University, 2008.
- Basic Design. http://basicdesign.ca/.Date Accessed: 2015.
- Mehdi N, Ghodrat S, Amin E, Amanollah A. A New Skin Color Detection Approach based on Fuzzy Expert System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(21):1-11.
- .Lee JE. Study on Image Presentation by Eye Make-Up. The graduated of Han Sung University Seoul, 2003.
- Lee JA, Hong, JM. The study on make-up in John Galliano's fashion show. The Society of Korean Traditional Costume. 2003; 6(3):32.
- Thomson P. Grotesque. Seoul National University Publication Company: Seoul, 1986.
- Park KH. Study of Formative Beauty of Kitsch-Fashion. The graduated of Hongik University Seoul, 2003.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.