Total views : 226
Effects of Corporate Technological Innovation Activities on Technological and Management Performance - Focusing on Government Supported Convergence Consulting
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to identify the effects of utilization of technological innovation, Foundation for technological innovation, and technological innovation capability on technological performance and effects of technological performance on management performance and the indirect effects of technological performance for Small Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) who have had experienced government supported consulting services. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study conducted survey with SMEs who have experienced government supported convergence consulting as the targeted audience and performed statistical analysis such as SPSS22.0 and AMOS 22.0 to conduct exploratory factor analysis and measurement model in order to identify interrelationship among the utilization of technological innovation, technological performance and management performance. Findings: The results of our study are as follow. Firstly, utilization of technological innovation has positive effect on technological performance. Secondly, establishing the foundation for technological innovation has positive effects on technological performance. Thirdly, Technological Innovation capability has positive effect on technological performance. Fourthly, technological performance has positive influence on management performance. Finally, technological performance acts as a mediator variable between the utilization of technological innovation and the management performance. Improvements/Applications: These results suggest that government supported consulting services for SMEs regarding their utilization of technological innovation are effective and should be continued.
Foundation for Technological Innovation, Management Performance, Technological Innovation Capability, Utilization of Technological Innovation.
- Small and Medium Enterprise Administration (Statistics System).http://stat2.smba.go.kr.Date accessed: 30/04/2015.
- Amirbekova D. The Knowledge Competence Development and use of Information Technologies in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Kazakhstan. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(20):1-7.
- Bonger Z. Technology Strategy and Software New Venture Performance: Exploring and Moderation Effects of the Competitive Environment. Journal of Business Venturing. 2000; 15(2):135-73.
- Ook YT. Empirical study on effects of high-tech startups technological innovation activities on technological performance and management performance 2009, Ph.D. Thesis, Hoseo University.
- Kim J. Innovation Activities and the Business Performance of Small and Medium Manufacturing Companies - Moderating Effects of Organizational and Network Characteristics. Indian journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(24):1-5.
- Schoencker T, Swanson L. Indicators of firm technological capability: Validity and performance implications. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 2002; 49(1): 36-44.
- Woo LI. Empirical study on effects of high-tech startups’ technological innovation propensity and market orientation on performance. 2009, Ph.D. Thesis, Kyung Hee University.
- Chul SH. Success factor of technological innovation, relationship between innovative capability and management performance. 2013, Ph.D. Thesis, Chungbuk University.
- Park ST. Appropriability of Innovation Results: Case of the Korean Industry. Indian journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(27):1-5.
- Tae LS. Study on effect of technological innovation and market orientation on management performance. 2006, Ph.D. Thesis Changwon University.
- Hee LJ. Global comparison study on winning factors of new product development between South Korea and the United States. 2000, Ph.D. Thesis, KAIST
- Moser MR. Measuring performance in R&D setting. Research Management. 1985; 28(5):31-33.
- Emmanuelides PA. Toward an Integrative Framework of performance in Product Development projects. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management. 1983; 10(4):363-92.
- Motoya-weiss MM, Catantone R. Determinants of new product performance; a review of meta-analysis. Journal of product Innovation Management. 1994; 11(5):397-411.
- Zirger BJ, Maidique MA. A Model of New Product Development, an Empirical Test. Management Science. 1990; 36(7):867-83.
- Duchesneau DA, Gartner WB. A Profile of New Venture Success and Failure in an Emerging Industry. Journal of Business Venturing. 1990; 5(5):297-312.
- Sandberg WR, Hofer CW. Improving New Structure and Entrepreneur. Journal of Business Venturing. 1987; 2(1):5-28.
- Roure JB, Keeley RH. Predictors of Success in New Technology Based Ventures. Journal of Business Venturing, 1990; 5(4):201-20.
- Woo YD. Study on relationship between R&D capability and management performance of small and medium sized enterprises at early stage. Knowledge Management Research. 2009; 7(1):49-63.
- Cohen WM, Hall DAL. Absorptive capacity, A new perspective on learning and innovation. Administrative Science Quarterly. 1990; 35(1):128-52.
- Yam RCM, Guan JC, Pun KF, Tang EPY. An audit of Technological innovation capabilities in Chinese firm; some empirical findings in Beijing, China, Research Policy. 2004; 33(8):1123-40.
- Freel MS. Do small innovation Firms Outperform Non-Innovations? Small Business Economics. 2000; 14(3):195-210.
- Garvin DA. Managing Quality; the strategic and competitive edge/David A. Garvin by collier Macmillan, c 1988.
- Kyu KS. Moderating effect of network structure of management innovation and management performance. 2007, Ph.D. Thesis, Busan Graduate School.
- Freel MS. Sectoral patterns of small firm innovation, networking and proximity. Research Policy. 2003; 32(5):751-70.
- Soo SS. Effect of family business’ technological innovation propensity on technological performance and management performance. 2010, Ph.D. Thesis, Yeungnam University.
- Gyo SJ, Hyun IJ. IT Small and Medium sized Enterprises’ R&D, market orientation, innovation and performance. Small Enterprise Innovation Research, 2008, p.25-39.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.