Total views : 237
Selection Property, Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intention of Audiences of Sport Events
Objectives: We conducted this study to clarify the practical relationship between selection property, satisfaction, and the behavioral intention of sport event spectators. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The subjects of this study were 216 spectators of basketball games and volleyball games held by local communities in 2015, to which we distributed survey copies. For the data process, we conducted exploratory factor analysis, reliability verification, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis; and drew the following conclusions: Findings: First of all, the selection property of sports event spectators represented a positive correlation on all the satisfaction and sub-variables of behaviors, and satisfaction positively correlated with all the sub-variables of behavioral intention. Secondly, the opening environment among the selection properties positively influenced satisfaction. Third, the game environment and opening environment from the selection property positively influenced the intention to revisit and recommend. Fourth, satisfaction positively influenced the intention to revisit and recommend. Application/Improvement: Our conclusions indicate that sports events held by local communities require detailed marketing strategies, since the opening environment positively influences spectator satisfaction. In addition, satisfaction directly influences spectator behavioral intention. Therefore, an effort is required to improve the satisfaction of audiences, so that they will revisit, and recommend others to visit as well. On the other hand, we recommend a follow-up study to analyze more detailed difference of demographic characteristics, and seek a marketing strategy for them to achieve a better developmental outcome.
Behavioral Intention, Marketing Strategies, Satisfaction, Selection Property, Sport Event Spectators.
- Kwang KD, Bum PY, Sub SG. Global Vision of Marine Leisure Sports in Busan and Directions for Policy Setting. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research. 2009; 21(3):371-90.
- Gu YJ, Woo WS, Geun ST. An Effect of City Marketing on the Mega Sports Event Venues. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2010; 15(4):63-77.
- Youl LH, Kyung KM, Ha LJ. A Study on The Importance and Program to Activate the Tourism Leisure Sports Industry. The Korean Journal of Sport. 2006; 4(2):125-42.
- Ho LH, Beom CS. Relations Between Sports Events of Local Autonomous Entity and Regional Development. The Korean Association of Sports Law. 2007; 10(4):393-414.
- Hoon SK. A Study on Problems with Local Governments' Sports Events and Their Solutions. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2013; 22(4):747-56.
- Hoi CK. The Plan of Using Event to Promote Local Community. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2000; 5(2):121-35.
- Ho CM. Tourism Marketing Strategy of Sport Events. The Journal of Tourism Studies, 2001, 13, pp.15-29.
- Kyum KS. International Sports Event and Urban Tourism. Journal of the Korean Regional Economics. 2011; 18:67-85.
- Wan RC, Wook LK. The Effects of Selection Attributes on Customer Satisfaction of Sport Event Participants. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2009; 36(1):323-31.
- Seok CY. Characterizing Sport Spectator Behavior in Women`s Sports. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2010; 41(1):97-107.
- Jeong CW, Won KB. The Effects of Participation Motives and Choice Attributes on Consumer Satisfaction and Repurchase Behaviors of Sport Event Tourists. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2006; 15(2):49-60.
- Hwan UT, Keun OJ, Young MT. Possible Effects of Perceived Values of Sport and Cultural Tourism Festival upon Visitors' Satisfaction and Behaviors of Choice. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2009; 11(2):965-80.
- Ho CY, Min LC. The Effect of Corporate Image According to Type of Participation Sports Event's Satisfaction. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2002; 7(1):161-76.
- Man KY, Chun KK, Hee JJ. The Influence of participation Motivation, Service Value, Event Image. Event Satisfaction and Re-participation in Marine Sport Event, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2009; 35(1):459-70.
- Ryeon HS, Geun KT, Baek KH. The relationship between psychological process factor, participation satisfaction, and participation continuity intention among sports event participants. The Korean Journal of Sport. 2011; 9(4):135-45.
- Whan PJ. The Relationship among Service Environment, Participation Satisfaction and Image of Tour Destination regarding Sport Tourism Event. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2011; 16(3):45-57.
- Young MT. Influence in Environmental Factors of Experiencing Marine Leisure Sports upon Participants` Emotional Response, Satisfaction. Re-participation Intention, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2010; 40(2):799-810.
- Kyeom. KS, Ryong KH. Importance-Performance Analysis of Attribute Assessment for Water Leisure Sports. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2009; 33(3):297-308.
- Soo CT, Sung LD. Relations with Choice Characteristic of Sports Facilities Subsequent to Individual Value of a Participant in Sports Event. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2006; 15(2):49-60.
- Yong KC, Sang KY, Hun JJ. Life Style, Participation Motivation and Choice Property of Leisure Sports Participants. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2006; 28:545-60.
- Sir KC, Woo LJ. Research on Influence of Lifestyle on Attributes of Leisure Sport. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research. 2010; 22(6): 123-38.
- Cronin JJ, Brady MK, Hult GT. Assessing the Effects of Quality, Value and Customer Satisfaction on Consumer Behavioral Intentions in Service Environments. Journal of Retailing. 2000; 76(2):193-218.
- Olorunniwo F, Hsu MK, Udo GJ. Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intentions in the Service Factory. Journal of Services Marketing. 2006; 20(1):59-72.
- Su JK, Hee HK. The Effects of Sports Event Service Quality on the Participants' Satisfaction, Local Image and Behavioral Intension. Korea Journal of Business Administration. 2009; 22(5):3111-28.
- Hyun SC, Young AH, Cheol KY. A study on the Degree of Satisfaction Factor of Local Festival Visitors and the Influence on their Action Intention. Korea Journal of Business Administration. 2010; 23(2):833-52.
- hwa KY, ju MK. A Study on the influence of festival visitor's satisfaction on revisit. Academic Society of Event and Convention. 2006; 2(2):5-18.
- Min YS, Ryel KH, Hee KJ. A Study for Characteristics and Effect Relationship among Participation Motivation, Satisfaction, Behavioral Intentions of Sport-Event Spectators. The Korean Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure. 2009; 21(2):125-44.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.