Total views : 208
Relationship among the Motivation of Foreign Participants in International Taekwondo Event Image, and Participation Satisfaction
Objectives: This study was conducted to identify the relationship among the motivation for visitation, image, and participation satisfaction for foreign participants in the international Taekwondo events. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The survey was conducted on foreign participants in the international Taekwondo events and exploratory factor analysis, reliability verification, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis were performed on 396 subjects. Findings: The following conclusion was derived from the analysis. First of all, cultural experience and sociality were positively correlated with the dynamic image, emotional image, transportation convenience satisfaction, information guidance satisfaction, and event operation satisfaction. Occasional getaways were positively correlated with the dynamic image, emotional image, transportation convenience satisfaction, and information guidance satisfaction. Secondly, cultural experience and sociality positively influenced the dynamic image, while cultural experience, occasional getaways, and sociality positively influenced the emotional image. Third, sociality positively influenced transportation convenience satisfaction, and the experience of culture, occasional getaways, and sociality positively influenced information guidance satisfaction. Cultural experience and sociality positively influenced the event operation satisfaction, while occasional getaways negatively influenced the event operation satisfaction. Application /Improvement: Since this study was conducted only on foreign participants in international Taekwondo events, it is difficult to generalize the results. In addition, since the survey copies were only translated into English, Chinese, and Russian, there were some difficulties with providing interpretations for foreign participants with other mother languages. Therefore, it is still necessary to translate the copies into more languages to collect more detailed opinions based on accurate understanding of the questionnaires.
Foreign Participants, International Taekwondo Events, Motivation for Visitation, Participation Satisfaction.
- Woong NJ, Seok CY, Bon GK, Rang KA. Economic impact analysis with community sports events. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2013; 18(5):49–60.
- Hoi CK. The plan of using event to promote local community. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2000; 5(2):121–35.
- Beerli A, Martin JD. Factors influencing destination image. Annals of Tourism Research. 2004; 31(3):657–81.
- Hyang PJ, Keun OI. Participants' Motivation for and Satisfaction with One Mega-Event: Case of the 22nd Universiade 2003 in Daegu, Korea. Business Management Review. 2006; 39(1):173–94.
- Bansal H, Eiselt HA. Exploratory research of tourist motivations and planning. Tourism Management. 2004; 25(3):387–96.
- Sung CH, Hyun K. A study on the characteristic of outbound tourists by tour destination: focused on Japan, China and Southeast Asia tour destination. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Studies. 2009; 34:191–201.
- Beom CS, Gyu KS. The relationships of push pull motivation, satisfaction, destination loyalty of ski resort participants. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2012; 21(1):27–40.
- shik KB, kyeom KS. The relationship between mega sport event inducement and ripple effect to community. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2008; 17(2):473–83.
- Weiermair K. Tourisis' perceptions towards satisfaction with service quality in the cross-cultural service encounter. Managing Service Quality. 2000; 10(6):397–409.
- Lee CK, Lee YK, Wicks Bruce E. Segmentation of festival motivation by nationality and satisfaction. Tourism Management. 2004; 25(1):61–70.
- Gartner WC. Image formation process. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing. 1993; 2(3):191–215.
- Min LC. An Analysis of Corporate Image According to Satisfaction of Sport Event. Korean Association of School Physical Education. 2002; 12(1):97–111.
- Backman K, Uysal M, Sunshine KM. Event Tourism: An Examination of Motivations and Activities, In Festival Management and Event Tourism. 1995; 1.
- Pill CJ. The difference of participants trait, decision element and participants satisfaction in local sport event. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2008; 17(2):523–38.
- Chul K, Hak-Duk K, Woo C. A Study on Strategy to Develop Taekwondo as an International Tourism Product. Korean Alliance of Martial Arts. 2005; 7(2):151–66.
- Hyun JM. A Study of Consumer Segmentation Classified by Sports Market. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 1999; 12:1227–38.
- Howard B, Philip K. A Framework for Marketing Image Management. Sloan Management Review. 1991; 32(2):94–104.
- Crompton JL, Mackay SL. Motives of visitors attending festival events. Annals of Tourism Research. 1997; 24(2):425–39.
- Ho LJ, Won OJ, Kang WD. The Study on Relationship of Structure among Brand Equity Factors of Hallyu, Institute of Management and Economics. 2007; 25(1):73–96.
- Pil CJ. The effect of participants decision element on participants motivation in the national life athletic meet. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2009; 37(2):1733–44.
- Ho KJ. Market Segmentation of Festival Visitors using the Lifestyle. Korean Society of Culture Industry. 2014; 14(3):23–35.
- Taekwondo Promotion Foundation, Result report. 2013.
- Hwan UT, Keun OJ, Young MT. Possible Effects of Perceived Values of Sport and Cultural Tourism Festival upon Visitors' Satisfaction and Behaviors of Choice. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2009; 11(2):965–80.
- Duk HY. A study of on the visiting motive and satisfaction degree for participators in Chung Ju world military arts festival. Journal of Tourism Management Research. 2005; 23:475–501.
- Wan RC, Cho WJ. Analyses of causal relationships among participation motivations, selection attributes, satisfaction and revisit intention in sport events. The Korean Society of Sports Science. 2012; 21(3):445–57.
- Ok AK, Jae LB, Il JK. A study on the differences of marine tourism participants motivation and satisfaction: between scuba divers visited domestic and foreign destinations. Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research. 2011; 23(7):337–53.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.