Total views : 225
The Effect of the Happiness Improvement Group Art Counseling Program Applying Reality Therapy on Human Relations and Happiness of Schizophrenic Patients
Objectives: To examine the effect of the happiness improvement group art counseling program applying Reality Therapy (RT) on human relations and happiness of schizophrenic patients. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The research objects were 8 schizophrenic patients hospitalized in a mental treatment center located in D city. They were put under the happiness improvement group art counseling program applying reality therapy. The 80 minute treatment was given once a week. In total, the treatment was given 12 times. Human relations level and happiness level were measured in pretest, post-test, and follow-up test. To test the effect of the program, repeated measure ANOVA was performed, following the experimental design. Findings: It was found that human relations level change was significant. Among sub-scales, satisfaction, trust, sensitivity, and understanding were significant, but trust, sensitivity, and understanding were not significant. Total happiness level change was significant. Among sub-scales, while satisfaction and positive sentiment were significant, negative sentiment was not. Improvements/Applications: It was found that the happiness improvement group art counseling program applying reality therapy was effective in improving human relations and happiness of schizophrenic patients.
Group Art Therapy, Happiness, Human Relation, Reality Therapy, Schizophrenia.
- The 2011 Epidemiologic Survey of Mental Diseases. Available from: http://www.mw.go.kr. 15/02/2013
- Psychopaths. violent crime rate is 10 times of normal criminals. Available from: http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160519/78179695/2. 19/6/2016
- Gwon SM. Modern Abnormal Psychology, Hakjisa: Seoul, 2003.
- Davidson M, Reichenberg A, Rabinowitz J, Weiser M, Kaplan Z, Mark M. Behavioral and intellectual markers for schizophrenia in apparently healthy male adolescents. American Journal of Psychiatry. 1999; 156(9):1328–35.
- Curtis MSP, Reddy J. Organization and positive psychology with diversity. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(36):1–6.
- Ko SH, Lee CS. Structural relationship between self-esteem, appearance management behavior, body image, interpersonal relationship and hope of adults workers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(8):783–89.
- Ryu JM. The Effect of Group Art Treatment on Human Relations and Life Quality of Facilities-Residing Schizophrenic Patients. Inmonsahwe 21. 2015; 6(4):213–31.
- Che WS. Happiness Process of Mentally Handicapped, Ph. D Dissertation, Jeonbuk University, 2009.
- Glasser W. Warning: Psychiatric Treatment can Damage Your Mental Health. Harper Perinnial. 2004; 288 pp.
- Jeon SG. A Study on Effectiveness of Social Technique Training Program to Rehabilitate Schizophrenic Patients, Ph. D Dissertation, Soongsil University, 1994.
- Schlein S, Guerney B, Stover G. The Interpersonal Relationship Scale. In: Gurney BG editor. Relationship enhancement, Jossey-Bass : San Francisco. 1977; 349–54.
- GukSeo E, Gu JS. COMOSWB Development and Validation, Korean Psychology Association. Journal of Society and Personality. 2011; 25(1):95–113.
- Park HJ, Park JH. The Effect of the Happiness Improvement Group Art Counseling Program Applying Reality Therapy on Inner-External control, Human Relations and Happiness of Schizophrenic Patients. Reality Therapy Research. 2015; 4(1):27–44.
- Kim SH, Choi SS. The development of harmonic interpersonal relation program for elementary school students. The Korea Journal of Counseling. 2009; 10(4):2075–98.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.