Total views : 272
Performance Analysis of Boost Fed Dc Drive under Load Uncertainties
Objectives: To design a new converter topology based on boost converter to obtain essential control characteristics of a DC drive. Methods/Statistical analysis: The developments in power electronics based industry/technology and development in new converter design strategies, the speed of DC motor can be maintained at required level by maintaining the voltage across armature. The closed loop control scheme with proportional plus integral (PI) controller takes speed reference and the actual speed of DC motor as input parameters and generates the pulses to control the boost converter output voltage. Findings: With this, the speed of DC motor can be maintained at the required speed. The effectiveness of closed loop control scheme with PI controller is compared with that of open loop control scheme. The analysis presented in this paper is mainly concentrated to obtain the suitable operational changes pertaining to various input and output parameters such as output voltage, input and output currents, speed, torque and output powers are analyzed for different load uncertainties. The complete design procedure of converter, analysis of load uncertainties is presented with supporting graphical and as well as numerical results. Application/Improvements: This converter design procedure can be applicable to control the speed of DC motor as per the application. With this procedure, the ripple factor and the converter losses can be decreased which results in improvement of converter efficiency.
Boost Fed DC Drive, Closed Loop Operation, Converter Design, Converter Losses, Load Uncertainties.
- Sannino A, Postiglione G, Bollen MHJ. Feasibility of a DC network for commercial facilities, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2003; 39(5):1499–1507.
- Prakash J, Sahoo SK, Sugavanam KR. Design of coordinated control scheme for hybrid resonant boost converter and multi level inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1–11.
- Nilsson D. DC distribution systems, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Energy and Environment, Chalmers University. Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden; 2005. p.1– 133.
- Luo FL, Ye H. Positive output super lifts converters IEEE Transaction on power electronics. 2003; 18(1):105–13.
- Vijayalakshmi M, Ramaprabha R, Ezhilarasan G. Design of auxiliary resonant boost converter for flywheel based photovoltaic fed microgrid. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(13):1–6.
- Luo FL. Luo converters-voltage lift technique Proceedings of the IEEE Power Electronics special conference, Japan; 1998. p. 1783–9.
- Luo FL. Luo converters-voltage lift technique (negative output) Proceedings of the World Energy System international conference, Tornoto, Canada; 1998. p. 253–60.
- Luo FL. Re-lift converter: design, test simulation and stability analysis, IEE Proceedings. Electrical Power Applied. 1998; 145(4):315–25.
- Hegazy O, Rarrero R, Mierlo JV, Lataire P, Omar N, Coosemans T . An advanced power electronics interface for electric vehicles applications IEEE Transition . Power Electronics. 2013; 28(12):5508–21.
- Pradeep M, Kumar MS, Sathiskumar S, Raja SH. Interleave isolated boost converter as a front end converter for solar/fuel cell application to attain maximum voltage in MATLAB. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–5.
- Yousefi T, Tavakoli A, Arasteh F, Aghazadeh A. Investigation of boost converter to track maximum power point for the doubly fed induction generators in the wind farm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–6.
- Khan MA, Ahmed A, Husain I, Sozer Y , Badawy M.Performance analysis of bidirectional DC-DC converters for electric vehicles IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2015; 51(4):3442–52.
- Ahmed HF, Cha H, Kim S, Kim D, Kim H. Wide load range efficiency improvement of a high-power-density bidirectional DC-DC converter using an MR fluid-gap inductor IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2015; 51(4):3216–26.
- Zhang w , Dong D , Cvetkovic IFC, Lee D, Boroyevich B. Lithium based energy storage management for DC distributed renewable energy system in Proceeding. IEEE Energy Conversation. Congress. Exploitation., USA; 2011. p. 3270– 7.
- Baek J, Choi W, Cho B. Digital adaptive frequency modulation for bidirectional DC-DC converter, Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2013; 60(11):5167–76.
- Samosir AS, Yatim AHM. Dynamic evolution control for synchronous buck DC-DC converter: theory model and simulation. Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory.2010; 18(5):663–76.
- Yan W, Li WH, Liu R. A noise-shaped buck DC-DC converter with improved light-load efficiency and fast transient response. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2011; 26(2):3908–24.
- Komurcugil H. Adaptive terminal sliding-mode control strategy for DC-DC buck converters. ISA Transactions.2012; 51(6):673–81.
- Chen Q, Ren XM, Oliver JA. Identifier-based adaptive neural dynamic surface control for uncertain DC-DC buck converter system with input constraint. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. 2012; 17(3):1871–83.
- Xie YH, Ghaemi R, Sun J, Freudenberg JS. Model predictive control for a full bridge DC/DC converter. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. 2012; 20(1):164–72.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.