Total views : 188
Evaluation of Tooth-brushing Time for Elementary School Students Related with Dental Caries and Oral Hygienic Condition
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relation of dental caries, oral hygienic conditions, and toothbrushing time on the oral health of the lower grades in elementary school. The subjects in this study were 208 students of 2 and 3 grade from elementary school in Seoul. Statistical analysis was performed using a computerized program in SPSS 18.0® (SPSS Inc., Version 18.0, Chicago, IL, USA). Tooth-brushing education is the most effective and easy to practice should be systematic to improve oral hygiene of the lower grades in elementary school.
Children, Dental Caries, Elementary School Students, Oral Hygienic Condition, Tooth-Brushing Time.
- Kang BH, Park SN, Shong KY, Moon JS. Effect of a tooth-brushing education program on oral health of preschool children. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing. 2008; 38(6):914–22.
- Chang BJ. Study on relation between dental health beliefs and dental health behavior in the high grade students of elementary school. Journal of DentalHygienic Science. 2008; 8(3):163–8.
- Ministry of health&welfare;: National oral health survey in 2006. Seoul: 2007.p.62.
- Jin BH, Lee BJ, Paik DI. Prevalence of incipient lesions in surveyed preschool children., Kuro-gu, Seoul: a pilot study. Journal of Korean Academy Dental Health. 2004; 28:548–58.
- Lee SM. A study on the weight length index and dental caries of elementary students. Published doctor's thesis. Myongji University; Seoul.2003.
- Petersen PE, Lennon MA. Effective use of fluorides for the prevention of dental caries in the 21st century: the WHO approach. Community Dental Oral Epidemiology. 2004; 32(5):319–21.
- Lee ES, Shin SC. A study on the relations between the oral health care habits and caries in the deciduous teeth. Journal of Korean Academy Dental Health. 1996; 20:369–796.
- Lee HK, Park CS, Kim MJ. Interrelation research of the knowledge regarding the oral health of the elementary school child and behavior. Journal of Dental Hygienic Science. 2008; 8(3):155–61.
- Ahn YS, Lee YS, Ryu DY. Study of oral health-related quality of life index for primary school oral health program. Journal of Dental Hygienic Science. 2006; 6:79–84.
- Grossman E, Proskin H. A comparison of the efficacy and safety of an electric and a manual children’s toothbrush. Journal of American Dental Association. 1997; 128: 469–74.
- Ju OJ, Park CS, Lee HS. A study on the status for oral health education of dental patients. Journal of Dental Hygienic Science. 2005; 5(2):77–82.
- Shin SC, Cho EH, Seo HS. School-based comprehensive oral health care program and expending proposal in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy Dental Health. 2000; 24:185–204.
- Lee JH, Kim JB, Cho GS. Effects of school incremental dental care program. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygienic. 2010; 10(3): 465–71.
- An SY, Shim YS, Park SY. Aesthetic Rehabilitation in maxillary anterior tooth with early childhood caries using ZIRKIZ® crown: Long-Term follow-up. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8 (25):1–5.
- Chway GL, Kwak KH, Chung SC, Kim CY. A study on the oral health knowledge and attitude of elementary school nursing teacher in Seoul. Journal of Korean Health Education. 1990; 7(1):39–46.
- Jeong HJ, Kim HJ, Lee MK, Yoon HS, Oh SH, Lee JH. Oral health knowledge and practice of elementary school students in school dental clinics. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygienic., 2013; 13(6):1047–56.
- Kim YH. A study on dental health knowledge and behavior of elementary school student. Journal of Dental Hygienic Science. 2006; 6(3):227–30.
- Chang SD. Analysis on dental caries according to oral health care in elementary school children., Published master's thesis., Cheongwon: Korea national university of education; 1997.
- Cho MS, Lee EK, Kang YJ. A study on toothbrushing habits depending in some of middle school students. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygienic.2011; 11(2):881–91.
- Kim EK, Moon HS, Jung JY et al. A study in the oral health awareness and behavior of lower grades in elementary school. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygienic. 2001;1:39–51.
- Jang JH. The relationship of diet habits, obesity and level of oral health among elementary school children. Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygienic. 2008; 8(4):229–40.
- Ahn JK, Kim JB. An experimental study on the effects of the tooth brushing instructional methods.,Journal of Korean Academy Dental Health. 1985; 9(1):127–31.
- Lee SS, Paik DI, Kim JB. A study on the effects of the tooth brushing instruction methods in dental health education. Journal of Korean Academy Dental Health.1990; 14(1):233–42.
- Chang KW, Kim JB. An experimental study on the effects of the tooth brushing instructional methods. Journal of Korean Academy Dental Health. 1987; 11(1): 85–98.
- Fosdick LS. The reduction of the incidence of dental caries: immediate tooth brushing with a neutral dentifrice. Journal of American Dental Association.1939; 40(2):133–43.
- Moon JS, Song BS, Park SN. Oral health behavior and dental health status of preschool children., Journal of Korean Academy Community Health Nursing. 2004; 15(4): 618–27.
- Jung JH, Woo HS. Analysis on Results of Oral Health Education among Educators and Learners. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8 (26):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.