Total views : 189
Types and Housing Product changes according to changes in Population and Social Structure
Objectives: This study analyzed the changes in population and social structure according to the changes of population and household structure to predict new housing types and housing products. Methods/Statistical Analysis: First of all, the study analyzed the trend of changes of the housing market in South Korea, compared cases in Japan that had similar experience to us and suggested new housing types and housing products suitable for South Korea. Findings: As a result of the comprehensive analysis on changes of population and household structure and Japanese cases, the expansion of resident-customized products was predicted: Downsizing-themed compact housing, elderly-friendly-themed housing products, nomad-themed lease housing products, etc. Improvements/Applications: Based on the results of this study, detailed demands for each product were estimated and the foundation for follow-up research on commercialization was developed.
Changes of Population and Household Structure, Compact Housing, Elderly Housing, Housing Types and Housing Products in South Korea, Japanese Housing Types and Housing Products, Rental Houses.
- Chul CE, Jin CS. Demographic changes and long-term housing demand in Korea. Korean Planners Association. 2005; 40(3):37–46.
- Kyoung HM, Kyu KH, Seong JH. Design guidelines for future housing types: A study based on survey of housing experts and consumers. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea. 1998; 14(5):129–40.
- Gyou LH, Woo JJ, Seong KB. A study on a trend of the study and research direction in the block housing as new residential style. Architecture Institute of Korea. 2003; 23(2):43–6.
- Ja SM. A desire and preferences for old life housing environments in rural areas among middle and old life residents. The Graduate School of Hanseo University; 2014.
- Hee KM. The preference of housing for the elderly among the middle-aged households for aging society. The Koran Housing Association. 2006; 17(1):117–26.
- Jeong KM. Study on the impact of demographic structure changes on housing price changes: Focusing on the ageing and baby boom retirement of metropolitan areas. The Graduate School of Chung-Ang University; 2014.
- Jung KH, Min LY, Hwa HH, Young KJ, Shil YH. Process of forming housing notion for later life based on life-time housing experiences of the elderly. The Korean Housing Association. 2013; 24(3):95–108.
- Sook PJ, Sup LM. A study on the type and planning characteristic of residential facilities for the elderly in Japan - Focused on the residential facilities for the elderly in the suburbs of Tokyo. The Architecture Institute of Korea. 2009; 25(10):39–46.
- Won LH, Ho SM, Won RJ, Bum LJ, Seok LK. Architectural planning characteristics of urban share house for single-household. Residential Environment Institute of Korea. 2014; 16(3):51–60.
- Hyeon JJ. A study on the apartment houses as merchandise after 2000. The Graduate School of Korea University; 2012.
- Yesbolova AY, Ibraimova SSS, Mergenbaeva AT, Urazbayva GZ, Narkulova SA, Abishova AU. Econometric analysis of the poultry industry development in Kazakhstan. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(20):1–8.
- Soo JY, Kuk LJ. A study on the demand and supply of housing due to population and changes in household: On the social causes of the changes in the population structure in the center. Journal of Korean Housing Association. 2014; 25(3):123–30.
- Chang KY, Ho LS. Future analysis of housing based on futures research methods. Journal of Geography. 2010; 56(1):69–90.
- Keun YY. A study on the strategy of products development for mass housing. Koran Digital Architecture and Interior. 2010; 10(2):31–8.
- Sandbhor SS, Chaphalkar NB. State of art report on variables affecting housing value. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(17):1–6.
- Ho Y. A study on the future housing environment preference among the college students. Incheon Development Institute, Incheon Study. 2004; 20(1):5–10.
- Won LH, Ho SM, Won RJ, Bum LJ, Seok LK. Architectural planning characteristics of urban share house for single-household. Residential Environment Institute of Korea. 2014; 16(3):41–50.
- Hoon LD. Small rental housing supply expansion plan for the one-person households. Seoul Development Institute. 2012; 4(109):1–24.
- Jeong WY, Jeong SU. A comparison of consumption expenditure patterns and their determinants of low-income and high-income elderly households. Korean Social Security Studies. 2010; 26(4):21–48.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.