Total views : 234
The Effect of PM Competency on Consultant Competency and Consulting Performance: From the Perspective of Consulted Companies
Objectives: This study, by exploring the effects of PM competency and consultant competency on consulting performance, tried to find ways of supporting development of consultant competency. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The data was collected from the survey conducted to representatives and staffers of companies which have received consulting on the coupon system. The survey was done by e-mail and 204 copies of the questionnaire were used in the analysis. Using statistical programs, the data was analyzed through descriptive analysis, factor analysis and structural analysis. Findings: Data analyses showed that while leadership of PM, passing through consultant competency, has effect on consulting performance, work competency of PM does not have such effect. Improvements/Applications: It is necessary that PM participating in consulting should develop his or her competency needed in client management by suggesting the importance of the roles of consulting participants by clearly defining them and trying to form continuous relationships with clients.
Consultant Competency, Consulting Outcomes. Competency of PM.
- Na DS. Theory and reality of Korean consulting market (I). Han sung University Presses; 2015.
- McClelland DC. Testing for competence rather than intelligence. American Psychologist. 1973; 28(1):1–14.
- Dubois DD. Competency based performance improvement: A strategy for organizational change. 1st ed. India: Human Resource Development; 1993. p. 372.
- Teece DJ, Pisano G, Shuen A. Firm capabilities, resources and the concept of strategy. Strategic Management Review. 1997; 18(7):509–33.
- Park IW. A development of competency-based training program system for R&D personnel. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development. 2008; 10(1):45–70.
- Cho MK. A study on the effect of the personal competence to the National R&D Project management and performance. Department of Business Administration, The Graduate School, Hanyang University: Republic of Korea; 2015.
- Rynning M. Successful consulting with small and medium-sized vs. large clients: Meeting the need soft he client? International Business Journal; 1992. p. 11.
- Williams APO, Woodward S. The competitive consultant - A client-oriented approach for achieving superior performance. UK: The Macmillan Press Ltd; 1994. p. 219.
- Lee JE, Suh CJ, Kim SC. Building a competency model for consultants: Comparison of the consultant`s competency specialized in small business and large business using AHP method. Information Systems Review; 2010. p. 253–74.
- Jang Y. A contingent analysis of the success factors in management consulting. Graduate School of Management Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology; 1996.
- Kwak HJ. A study on the factors enhancing the consulting performance of management consulting and real estate consulting service management. Graduate School, Kyonggi University, Republic of Korea; 2008.
- Bae YS. An empirical study of the effects of consultant competency in the performance of management consulting: Focusing on the moderating effects of the characteristics of consulting firm and client firm. Department of Business Administration, Graduate School Dankook University, Republic of Korea; 2013.
- Project Management. 2016, Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_management
- Skills of an Effective Administrator. 1974. Available from: https://hbr.org/1974/09/skills-of-an-effective-administrator
- Han YO. The effects of Project Managers' competency on project performance. Department of Global Project Management, Graduate School of International Commerce and Regional Economy Soongsil University: Republic of Korea; 2008.
- Kerzner H. Project Management. New York, USA: VanNostr and Reinhold; 1984.
- Shim DS. The influence of champion leadership of R&D project leader on project viability and team efficacy. Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society. 2007; 10(4):206–29.
- Kim SY, Park ST, Ko MH. Analysis of the competencies of information security consultants: Comparison between required level and retention level. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(21):1–8.
- James W. Consulting outcomes research project. ND Small Business Development Center. University of North Dakota; 2004.
- Müller R, Turner JR. Matching the Project Manager's leadership style to project type. International Journal of Project Management. 2007; 25(1):21–32.
- Kim YS, Jeong JY. An empirical study on how project management affects information system project success for financial business. Information Systems Review; 2010. p. 308–19.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.