Total views : 217
An Impact of Image Richness on Korea on Attitude about Korean Consumer Goods in Central Asia: Mediating Role of Reliability on Entertainment Product and Product Image
Objectives: This research examines about Korean Wave in Central Asia. Especially we study relationship of Image richness on Korea and Attitude about Korean Consumer Goods. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Our data analysis has been conducted was analyzed using the structural equation modeling technique, using the AMOS and SPSS software, and we adopt the covariance-based approach. Our respondents were from Tashkent, Uzbekistan (n=377). 61.3 % of total respondents were male (n=231) and 38.7 % (n=146) were female and the mean of age was 23.87. Findings: First, image richness on Korea positive has an impact on reliability of video and music product. Second, the relationships between reliability of video/ music product and image richness on consumer goods are positive. Third, image richness on consumer goods has a positive effect on attitude on consumer goods. Moreover, the results of this study mean that reliability of video product, reliability of music product and image richness on consumer goods has a mediating role between Image richness on Korea and attitude about Korean consumer goods in central Asia. Improvements/Applications: the qualitative aspect of the country image had the halo effect, so it is important to help people come up with more images related to a country.
Attitude on Consumer Goods, Central Asia, Image Richness on Korea, Image on Consumer Goods, National Image, Reliability on Entertainment Product.
- Schiffman LG. Perceived risk in new product trial by elderly consumers. Journal of Marketing Research. 1972; 9(1):106–8.
- Elliott G, Cameron R. Consumer perception of product quality and the country of origin effect. Journal of International Marketing. 1994; 2(2):49–64.
- Samiee S. Customer evaluation of products in a global market. Journal of International Business Studies. 1994; 25(3):579–604.
- Chao P. Partitioning country-of-origin effects: consumer evaluations of hybrid product. Journal of International Business Studies. 1993; 24(1):291–306.
- Johansson JK, Douglas SP, Nonaka I. Assessing the impact of country of origin on product evaluations: a new methodological perspective. Journal of Marketing Research. 1985; 22(4):388–96.
- Han CM, Terpstra V. Country of Origin Effects for Uni-National and Bi-National Products. Journal of International Business Studies. 1988; 19(2):235–55.
- Park S, Kim J, Bae I. A theoretical approach to korean wave and its empirical study on intention to purchase. Information: An International Interdisciplinary Journal. 2016; 19(5):1355–61.
- Tseng S, Fogg BJ. Credibility and Computing Technology. Communications of the ACM. 1999; 42(5):39–44.
- Erdem T, Swait J. Brand credibility, brand consideration, and choice. Journal of Consumer Research. 2004; 31(1):191–8.
- Chaiken S. Communicator Physical Attractiveness and Persuasion. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1979; 37(8):1387–97.
- McGuire JH. Limiting Sage Surface Temperature of Combustible Materials. Fire Technology. 1969; 5(3):237–41.
- Najafi I, Kahani M. E-Trust readiness indexes assessment at E-Transactions in the context of B2C E-Commerce. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(2):1–12.
- Wathan CN, Burkell J. Believe it or not: factors influencing credibility on the web. Journal of American Society for Information Science and Technology. 2002; 53(2):134–44.
- Lee C, Lee H, Lee S, Kim J. The Effect of WOM's Information Characteristics on WOM Adoption in the Online Shopping Context: Focused on the Mediating Roles of Trust and Usefulness. Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review. 2013; 16(3):59–75.
- Erdem T, Swait J. Brand Equity as a Signaling Phenomenon. Journal of Consumer Psychology. 1998; 7(2):131–57.
- Kim J, Bae I. An Influence of Korean National Image on Japanese Consumer`s Perceived Quality, Risk and Information Cost Saving: focused on Mediating Role of Brand Credibility. International Area Studies Review. 2011; 15(1):315–39.
- Erdem T, Swait J, Louviere J. The Impact of Brand Credibility on Consumer Price Sensibility. International Journal of Research in Marketing. 2002; 19(1):1–19.
- Herr PM, Kardes FR, Kim J. Effects of word of mouth and product-attribute information on persuasion: an accessibility diagnostically perspective. Journal of Consumer Research. 1991; 17(4):454–62.
- Yergaliyev K, Amrenov A, Kadyrovа B, Esirkepоva K, Orazhanova M. Newspaper headlines as a marker of a language picture of the world. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1–9.
- Grewal R, Cline TW, Davies A. Early-Entrant Advantage, Word of Mouth Communication, Brand Similarity, and the Consumer Decision-Making Process. Journal of Consumer Psychology. 2003; 13(3):187–97.
- Szybillo GJ, Jacoby J. Intrinsic versus extrinsic cues as determinants of perceived product quality. Journal of Applied Psychology. 1974; 59(1):74–8.
- Rao AR, Monroe KB. The Effect of Price, Brand Name, and Store Name on Buyers' Perceptions of Product Quality: An Integrative Review. Journal of Marketing Research. 1989; 26(3):351–7.
- Broniarczyk SM, Alba JW. The role of consumers' intuitions in inference making. Journal of Consumer Research. 1994; 21(4):393–407.
- Hornik J. Tactile stimulation and consumer response. Journal of Consumer Research. 1992; 19(3):449–58.
- Hooley GJ, Shipley D, Krieger N. A method for modeling consumer perceptions of country of origin. International Marketing Review. 1988; 5(3):67–76.
- Nagashima A. A Comparison of Japanese and U. S. Attitudes toward Foreign Products. Journal of Marketing. 1970; 34(1):68–74.
- Wall M, Heslop LA. Consumer attitudes toward Canadian-made versus imported product. Journal of Academy of Marketing Science. 1986; 14(2):27–36.
- Yingling RW. Classification of reaction patterns in listening to music. Journal of Research in Music Education. 1962; 10(2):105–20.
- Hargreaves DJ. Preference and Prejudice in Music: A Psychological Approach. Popular Music and Society. 1982; 8(3-4):13–8.
- Lacher KT, Mizerski R. An exploratory study of the responses and relationships involved in the evaluation of, and in the intention to purchase new rock music. Journal of Consumer Research. 1994; 21(2):366–80.
- Kirmani A. The effect of perceived advertising costs on brand perceptions. Journal of Consumer Research. 1990; 17(2):160–71.
- Homer PM. Ad size as an indicator of perceived advertising costs and effort: the effects on memory and perceptions. Journal of Advertising. 1995; 24(4):1–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.