Total views : 303
The Influence of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Organizational Culture on Cooperative Labor-Management Relations and Job Satisfaction
Objectives: To investigate the influence of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and organizational culture on cooperative labor-management relations and job satisfaction by targeting small and medium-sized firms within the Seoul and Gyeonggi Province area. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A survey was carried out targeting the employees of small and mediumsized firms within the Seoul and Gyeonggi Province area. 203 questionnaires were collected from 161 firms, and among the 203, questionnaires from firms of less than 10 employees or more than 300 employees were excluded since they did not match the purpose of this study. Furthermore, questionnaires of insincere answers were excluded, and statistical analysis was carried out with 128 questionnaires utilizing SPSS20.0 and AMOS 23.0. Findings: Based on precedent studies, the concepts and dimensions of each factor were investigated and utilized in the final analysis after testing the validity and reliability of measurement items. The hypothesis of this study is verified through structured equation modeling as follows. First, CSR showed a positive (+) influence on cooperative labor-management relations. Second, organizational culture showed a positive (+) influence on cooperative labor-management relations. Third, cooperative labor-management relations showed a positive (+) influence on job satisfaction. Improvements/Applications: This study suggests that CSR activities need to be carried by small and medium-sized firms in order to establish cooperative labor-management relations and improve job satisfaction.
Cooperative Labor-Management Relation, CSR, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Culture, Small and Medium-Sized Firms.
- Lim MS. The impact of social responsibility activities of corporations and unions on workers' job satisfaction: The mediating effect of cooperative labor management relations; 2013. p. 5.
- Newell P, Frynas JG. Beyond CSR business, poverty and social justice: An introduction. 3rd World Quarterly. 2007; 28(4):669–81.
- Zink KJ. Stakeholder orientation and corporate social responsibility as a precondition for sustainability. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence. 2005; 16(8):1041–52.
- Jung SG. International organization for standardization. Op Cit; 2011. p. 8–12.
- Lee HJ. Organizational behavior. Segyeong Press; 2000. p. 448.
- Organizational behavior. Available from: http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/units/ob/Pages/default.aspx
- Cooke WN. Toward a general theory of industrial relations. In Lipsky DB, editor. Advances in Industrial and Labor Relations. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press; 1985. p. 233–52.
- Nadler L, Nadler Z. Developing human resources. 3rd ed. San Francisco, California: Jossey-Bass Publishers; 1989.
- Cohen-Rosental E, Burton C. Mutual gains: A guide to union-management cooperation. 2nd ed. Ithica, New York: ILR Press; 1993. p. 344.
- Roh JH. Study on the conceptualization and measurement of job satisfaction of teachers. Journal of Educational Administration. 2001; 19(2):163–81.
- Boddy CR, Ladyshewsky RK, Galvin P. The influence of corporate psychopaths on corporate social responsibility and organizational commitment to employees. Journal of Business Ethics. 2011; 97(1):1–19.
- Yoon G, Ryu JY. Study on the internal marketing effect of CSR activities- Focusing on the firm reputation and job satisfaction of employees. Journal of Public Relations. 2011; 15(3):41–76.
- Lee DE. Empirical study on the impacts of organizational culture orientation on organizational effectiveness and stability of industrial relation; 2006.
- Cheon BH. Study on the cooperative industrial relations of hospital organization: A case of "Y" university hospital; 2006.
- Kim CS. A study of how to establish cooperative industrial relations in Yeosu industrial complex; 2009.
- Yoon JI, Ahn GY. Study on the influence of cooperative labor-management relations on organizational performance. Journal of Human Resource Management. 2008; 15:87–101.
- Yoon JI, Ahn GY. Study on the cooperative relationship of labor and management according to personnel management fairness and tendency of organizational culture. Journal of Human Resource Management. 2009; 16:119–33.
- Carroll A. The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the management of organizational stakehoiders. Business Horizons. 1991; 34(4):39–48.
- Choi CH. A Study on the Effects of Organizational Culture Types and Union Democratization on Organizational Effectiveness; 2007.
- Dyer L, Lipsky DB, Kochan TA. Union attitudes toward management cooperation. Industrial Relations. 1977; 16(2):163–72.
- Mowday R, Steer RM. The measurement of organizational commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 1979; 14(2):224–47.
- Yoo JM, Chon ML. The effect of CSR on employees’ turnover intention: comparative study on harmful and non-harmful industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(21):1–5.
- Kim JI, You YY, Kim JR. An empirical study as to an effect on policy satisfaction of small and medium- sized firms which got consulting. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(7):701–10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.