Total views : 262
The Impact Analysis of Leadership Types to Organizational Commitment and Organizational Performance
Objectives: This study divided leadership kinds into servant leadership, transactional leadership, transformational leadership, empowering leadership and issue leadership and analyzed their effects on organizational commitment and business performance. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study set company J, a service enterprise, for the object of questions and the survey was conducted in the manner of distributing and collecting questionnaire directly. This study used Smart PLS 2.0 to test the research model. PLS analysis requires testing internal consistency, convergent validity, and discriminant validity for metrics and constructs. On the variables used for model to test internal consistency, composite reliability and confidence were analyzed. Findings: This study will consider modern leadership kinds–servant leadership, transactional leadership, transformational leadership, empowering leadership and issue leadership–through foregoing studies and then investigate the relationship between such leadership kinds and organizational commitment and organizational performance together with empirical analysis. Hypothesis 2 “Transactional leadership will have significant effect on organizational commitment” was accepted. Hypothesis 3 “Transformational leadership will have significant effect on organizational commitment” was accepted. Hypothesis 6 “Organizational commitment will have significant effect on business performance” was accepted. Improvements/Applications: It is considered a good idea that company J specialized in service should recognize and apply servant leadership of looking at subordinates as servant and issue leadership of trying to consult with subordinates and resolve important issues together.
Empowering Leadership, Leadership, Leadership Types, Organizational Commitment, Organizational Performance, Servant Leadership.
- Drucker PF. The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization. Jossey-Bass; 2010.
- Burns JM. New York: Leadership. Harper and Row; 1978.
- Bass BM. Leadership and Performance beyond Expectation. New York: The Free Press; 1985.
- Kim JB. A study on the influence of servant readership on organizational effectiveness: Revolved around effect of tuned from confidence of superior. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2015; 13(1):215-26.
- Block P. The Empowered Management: Positive Political Skills at Works. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers; 1991. p. 252.
- Robert K. Greenleaf's Theory of Servant-Leadership Influenced Today's Top Management Thinkers. New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc; 1995. p. 352.
- Smith H. Psychology of Industrial Behavior. New York: McGraw Hill; 1955.
- Srivastava A, Bartoa KM, Locke EA. Empowering leadership in management teams: Effects on knowledge sharing, efficacy, and performance. Academy of Management Journal. 2006 Dec; 49(6):1239-51.
- Bennis WG, Townsend R. Reinventing Leadership: Strategies to Empower the Organization. New York: Morrow/Avon; 1995. p. 187.
- Baik KB. Issue Leadership. Seoul: Changminsa; 2000.
- OReilly CA, Chatman, J. Organizational commitment and psychological attachment the affection of comprehensive, identification and internalization on pro-social behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology. 1986 Aug; 71(3):492-9.
- Hong SK. A study on the effect of leadership style on job satisfaction and organizational commitment [PhD thesis]. Chonbuk National University; 2007.
- Brown SP, Peterson A. Antecedents and consequences of salesperson job satisfaction: A meta-analysis and assessment of causal effects. Journal of Marketing Research. 1993; 30(1):63-77.
- Lim CS. The effect of leadership competency on organizational performance and organizational commitment: Focused on K bank’s branch managers [Master’s thesis]. Dankuk University; 2010.
- Beard DW, Dess GG. Corporate-level strategy, business-level and firm performance. Academy of Management Journal. 1981; 24(4):663-88.
- Park EM, Park ST. The effectiveness of absorptive capacity formation mechanism on innovation performance by industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(21):1-9.
- Park EM, Seo JH. the effect of authentic leadership on organizational effectiveness: The mediating effects of self-efficacy. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1-6.
- Walker PD. A case study of Servant leadership [Doctoral dissertation]. The University of SanFrancisco; 1997.
- Smith CA, Organ DW, Near JP. Organizational citizenship behavior: Its nature and antecedents. Journal of Applied Psychology. 1983; 68(4):653-63.
- Koh WS, Steers RM. Terborg JR. The effects of transformational leadership on teacher attitudes and student performance in Singapore. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 1995; 16(4):319-33.
- Ahearne M, Mathieu J, Rapp A. To empower or not to empower your sales force? An empirical examination of the influence of leadership empowerment behavior on customer satisfaction and performance. Journal of Applied Psychology. 2005; 90(5): 945-55.
- Baik KB. Leadership 2001: Issue leadership adjusts effectiveness. Buk-Ak Business Review. 2002; 8:335-51.
- Baek YS, Shin YS. The relation of issue leadership, empowerment and organizational performance. 9thKorean Academic Society of Business Administration; 2007. p. 157-82.
- Scholl RW. Differentiating organizational commitment from expectancy as a motivating force. Academy of Management Review. 1981; 16(4):589-99.
- Chin WW. Issues and opinion on structural equation modeling. MIS Quarterly. 1998; 22(1):7-16.
- Ringle CM, Wende S, Will A. Smart PLS 2.0. 2005. Available from: www.smartpls.de
- Fornell C, Larcker D. Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981; 18(1):39-50.
- Falk RF, Miller NB. A Primer for Soft Modeling, 1st ed. US: University of Akron Press; 1992. p. 103.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.