Total views : 162
A Study on the Measures to Commercialize Regional Cuisines for the Activation of Rural Convergence Industry
Objectives: The purpose of the present study is to propose diverse cuisines that meet consumption trends utilizing regional specialties for the activation of rural convergence industries utilizing tomatoes as a main material. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The cuisines for the present study were made using self-produced food materials that does not require much manual work while enabling experience considering surrounding conditions. In addition, health, in-season materials, and diet were considered, mainly one-dish meals and snacks made using cooking methods such as baking, steaming, low-salt, and vegetarian diet were developed, and the prices were planned to be around 5,000~10,000 won. The cuisines made utilizing tomatoes were finally selected through sensory evaluation. Findings: Tomato with spaghetti, tomato topped pizza, tomato steamed bun, tomato with curry, tomato stuffed fried rice, tomato topped baguette, and fried tomatoes were selected as cuisines made utilizing tomatoes, the recipes of individual cuisines were presented on the basis of four servings, and this tomato dishes nutritional contents per serving were examined. According to the results of a questionnaire survey on the intake frequency of cuisines utilizing tomatoes, most of the survey subjects were shown to eat such cuisines at least once per week and according to the results of sensory evaluation, tomato topped baguettes showed the most positive responses in tastes, sugar content, texture, and overall satisfaction. Tomato steamed buns did so in flavor, and fried tomatoes did so in tomato scent. Tomato topped baguettes showed the highest overall satisfaction with M=4.43 followed by fried tomatoes(4.18), tomato steamed buns(4.18), tomato topped pizzas(4.08), tomato spaghetti(4.02), tomato curry (3.81), and tomato stuffed fried rice(3.81) indicating that the levels of satisfaction with tomato topped baguettes, fried tomatoes, and tomato steamed bun were high. Improvements/Applications: The tomato cuisines developed in the present study will enable tomato farms to create added values by selling tomatoes that have been sold only as a raw product as cuisines to consumers who visit their farms or by utilizing the cuisines for cooking experience programs and this can be a measure to activate rural convergence industries.
Activation of Rural Convergence Industry, Commercialize Regional Cuisine, Food Development, Regional Cuisine, Rural Convergence Industry.
- Min YH. A research of Gyeonbuk local foods and study on menu development used local products [Master's thesis]. Catholic university; 2011.
- Lee DP. A study on the strategies for the promotion of the local food industry in Korea. Korea Rural Economic Institute. 2007; 164-67.
- Lee YJ. The study of concept in native local foods and research subject. The Society of Practice Folkloristics. 2008; 11:29-56.
- Vijayabanu C, Therasa C, Naveen SM, Saigeetha S, Pratheesha M. A study on the perspectives of saving and spending pattern of the petty shopkeepers in rural areas of thiruvallur district. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(27):201-10.
- Paul M, Tamim B, Hossein S. International evidence on the determinants of private saving. The World Bank Economic Review. 2005; 12(3):483-501.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety.[cited 2015 Sept 15]. Available from: http://www.mfds.go.kr/index.do/
- Lim DK. Evaluation indicators developed for the promotion of successful sixth industry [Master's thesis]. Gyeongnam National University; 2015.
- You BR, Kim E, Jang JY, Choi HJ, Kim HJ. Quality characteristics of Kimchi with Allium hookeri root powder added. The Korean Society of Food Preservation. 2013; 20(6):863-70.
- Microbial risk assessment for agricultural processing center of strawberry and tomato to develop model for improvement of food safety in APC. Rural Development Administration, 2007.
- Jun KS, Kim M, Kim DS. A study on consumption patterns of tomato. Food Service Industry Journal. 2013; 9(3):113-24.
- Rural Development Administration. [cited 1990] Available from http://www.lib.niu.edu/1993/im930117.html.
- Choi SH, Kim DH, Kim DS. Comparison of ascorbic acid, lycopene, β-carotene and α-carotene contents in processed tomato products, tomato cultivar and part. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research. 2011; 17(4):263-72.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. [cited 2016 Oct 31] Available from http://www.moaf.gov.bt/.
- Yoon SA. Study on the analysis of inclination about the foreigners' Korean food and the regional menu development of lotus root [Master's thesis]. Catholic University of Daegu; 2014.
- Lee MJ. Food development using Buckwheat and green tea in Hadong area [Master's thesis]. Gyeongsang National university; 2012.
- Chang SY, Kim NY, Ma Y, Han MJ. Preferences of Koreans and foreigners for traditional recipe developed containing deoduk. Korean Journal of Food Culture.2014; 29(1):44-53.
- Lee JJ. Research on development plan of native local food in the city of Mun-gyung. Culinary Research. 2011; 7(3):111-27.
- Kim MH, Chung HK. Development of native local foods in chungcheongnam-do by storytelling.Korean Journal of Food Culture. 2010; 25(3):270-84.
- Kang KS. Production of Content for Regional Sources of the Convergence Industrialization. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2015; 13(10):483-90.
- Sun SM. Revitalization methods of the sixth industrialization of agriculture [Master's thesis] Chosun University; 2015.
- Choi LS. A study sustainable competitiveness strategy tasks of the sixth industry [Master's thesis]. Paichai University; 2013.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.