Total views : 241
Boundary Line Extraction of Forest Land for Cadastral Resurvey Using UAV and GIS
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to propose a way to extract the boundary lines of forest land using a UAV and GIS for small forest area including the cadastral resurvey project zone, and then show its feasibility for the project by analysis of its accuracy. Methods/Statistical analysis: High-resolution orthophotos of the selected test area were obtained through UAV photography. These images were used to extract the boundary line of the forest land, and the result was compared with the boundary setting results of existing cadastral resurveys for analysis. Findings: For the accuracy of the UAV orthophotos produced, the RMSE of connection errors of X and Y coordinates was calculated as ± 0.0668 m, which appeared applicable to the boundary setting of the forest area. The produced images and GIS data were used to extract the boundary lines of the forest area, which was compared with the boundary determination results of existing cadastral resurveys, and most of them were highly coincident. Improvements/Applications: In some areas, the boundary lines were not coincident, due to characteristics of the boundary setting of existing cadastral resurveys. It was expected that it was possible to make these coincident if additional adjustments were applied.
Cadastral Resurvey, Forest Area, Gis And Boundary Setting UAV.
- Kim M J, Bang H S, Lee J W. Evaluation of the positioning accuracy of spatial information on forest resources using UAV. Korean Society of Forest Engineering., 2016 Apr; 14(1): 21-32.
- Yeo H J, Choi S P, Yeu Y. An improvement of efficiently establishing topographic data for small river using UAV. Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information Science., 2016 Mar; 24(1): 3-8.
- Park J K, Park J H. Reservoir failure monitoring and identified by the UAV aerial image., Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management. 2015 Apr; 11(4): 155-67.
- Kim M C, Yoon H J, Chang H J, Yoo J S. Damage analysis and accuracy assessment for river-side facilities using UAV images. Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information Science. 2016 Mar; 24(1): 81-7.
- Kim N. Automated decision making in road traffic monitoring by on-board Unmanned Aerial Vehicle system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(10):1-6.
- Korea Land and Geospatial Information Corporation (Spatial Information Research Institute). A study on setting parcel boundary of forest area. 2011.
- Korea Land and Geospatial Information Corporation (Spatial Information Research Institute). World geodetic system transformation and cadastral boundary determine methods using digital orthophoto. 2013.
- Jang H K. A study on the boundary line extraction in forest using aerial photo and DEM. Master's Thesis; University of Seoul. 2011.
- Song M K. A study on pre-prediction of surveying results for land boundary adjustment in cadastral re-survey. Cheongju University; Doctoral Degree. 2014.
- Pal B, Samntha S. Estimation of soil loss using remote sensing and geographic information system techniques (Case study of Kaliaghai River basin, Purba and Paschim Medinipur District, West Bengal, India). Indian Journal of Science and Technology., 2011 Oct; 4(10):1202-07.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.