Total views : 231
An Application of PDA in Building Construction Project for Enhancing Productivity
Objectives: The construction industry is trying to adopt the rapidly improved information and telecommunication technology. The construction manager should coordinate each construction operation toward the maximization of the productivity. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The systematic management in site is critical for the prevention of the potential interference between various processes, which results in more efficient schedule management of construction projects. This study examines the utilization of Personal Digital Assistants (PDA) as one of mobile devices for the enhancing the level of construction management. It applies the PDA-based system to the building construction projects and presents the benefit in the productivity of PDA-based system. Findings: The study intends to offer the system that could be helped construction engineers to set a reasonable PDA-based system in building construction project through the minimization of waiting time for more efficient schedule management. Furthermore, based on an assessment in productivity, it was found that the PDA-based system is more reasonable than the existed system owing to the advantages of the PDA-based system, such as reduced reworking, faster response to changes. Improvements/Applications: The proposed PDA-based system should be estimated in the productivity of PDA-based system using the computer simulation methodology which can provide quantitative number in productivity.
Building Construction, Personal Digital Assistants, Productivity, Sharing Framework, Task.
- Kimoto K, Endo K, Iwashita S, Fujiwara M. The application of PDA as mobile computing system on construction management. Automation in Construction. 2005 Aug; 14(4):500-11.
- Son C. Korea: Land & Housing Institute: An analytic study on the informal process in apartment construction site. 1995.
- Leeuwen J, Zee A. Distributed Object Models for Collaboration in the Construction Industry. Automation in Construction. 2005 Aug; 14(4):491-99.
- Chen Z, Li H, Wong C. An application of bar-code system for reducing construction process. Automation in Construction. 2002 Aug; 11(5):521-33.
- Kim Y, Yoon I. A Development of Controlling System of Harbor Terminal using on the Commercial Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1-4.
- Burgy C, Jr. JG. Wearable computers: an interface between humans and smart infrastructure systems. Germany: Proceedings of the Bauen mit Computern. 2002; p.1-13.
- Sadi M, Nateghi F, Mohammadi F, Abdullah A. Mobile Application for Building Defect Management System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Feb; 7(2):174-79.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.