Total views : 249
An Analysis of the BIM Adoption Time in Building Construction Industries in Korea
Objectives: Long-term roadmaps for facilitating BIM will be developed pertaining to Korea and other countries. The current status and the time frame for BIM adoption will be analyzed, especially in Korea. Methods/Statistical Analysis: BIM can be utilized in the practices and business area in many building construction projects. In order to analyze the current status and future trend of BIM in Korea, survey and expert interview techniques are used in this study. Major technologies which could be used with BIM are identified, and when these technologies could be fully adopted in each area is asked in the survey and interview. Findings: BIM has limitations for practical application in Korea. However, it is an essential technology for efficiency improvement in building construction projects. In order to maximize the efficiency of BIM, it is required to go with ICT convergence technologies. In this study, ICT convergence technologies which can be used with BIM are identified, and the approximate time in which applied BIM technologies could be available is surveyed. For example, according to the survey, applied BIM technologies in the Design and Engineering phase could be widely adopted in 5 to 10 years, and BIM in the construction and facility management phase could be adopted in 10 to 20 years. Improvements/Applications: The applied BIM technologies and the time frame which they could be available in the future were identified and surveyed in this study. It will be useful for those who are preparing a BIM application strategy and are planning for their future.
Building Information Modeling (BIM), Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), Lifecycle, Process.
- Lee J, Kim Y. A study on technology roadmap for construction automation and robotics. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea. 2003; 19(5):95–104.
- Jeong K, Moon T, Heo S. A study on U-service pool evaluation and SRM template for development of U-city SRM. Journal of Korean Planners Association. 2010; 45(2):289–303.
- Lee S, Kwak C, Lee K, Shin T, Chin S, Kim Y. Conference Proceedings of Architectural Institute of Korea; Korea. 2009. p. 677–80.
- Kumar P, Balasubramanian M, Jagadish S. Robotics in construction industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(23):1–12.
- Son K, Ryu H. Integrated system development methodology design and LCC (Life Cycle Cost) data process. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(24):1–9.
- Kalyani B, Ramchand H. A roadmap to develop multi cloud computing systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(19):1–4.
- Varun R, Rohith R, Ranjithh R, Krishna P. Industrial automation using wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(8):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.