Total views : 162
Reconstruction of hv-Convex Binary Images with Diagonal and Anti-Diagonal Projections using Genetic Algorithm
This paper is related to reconstruct the binary images from small number of projections. Objectives: To enhance the unambiguousness of image reconstructed. Other goal isto reduce the time of reconstruction of image. Method: In this paper, we put forward a new approach for reconstruction. Firstly, image is reconstructed using Chang’s Algorithm and we utilize two projections first diagonal projections and second anti-diagonal projections for reconstruction. Then Genetic Algorithm is applied on image reconstructed after Chang’s algorithm. Findings: The images reconstructed after Chang’s algorithm and Genetic Algorithm are compared with original images and they are contrasted with each other also. We also calculate the percentage change of images reconstructed after Chang’s Algorithm and Genetic Algorithm with original images. It is concluded that images reconstructed after Genetic Algorithm have less percentage difference than Chang’s Algorithm. Improvements: The accuracy of images reconstructed after Genetic Algorithm is much better than reconstructed by Chang’s Algorithm alone.
Diagonal and Anti-diagonal Projections, Discrete Tomography, Genetic Algorithm, Hand Binary Images, hv- Convex.
- Narender K, Tanuja S. Image Reconstruction from Projection under Periodicity Constraints Using Genetic Algorithm, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2010, p.76–83.
- Fethi J, Ghassen T. A Simulated Annealing for Reconstructing hv Convex Binary Matrices. Elsevier, Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 2010, p. 447−54.
- Shiv Kumar V, Divyesh P, Tanuja S. Reconstruction of Binary Images from Two Orthogonal Projections, International Journal of Tomography and Statistics. 2012; 21(3):105−14.
- Zoltan O, Peter B. An Empirical Study of Reconstructing hv Convex Binary Matrices from Horizontal and Vertical Projections, 2013, p. 149−63.
- JN KO. Image Reconstruction from Projections using a Genetic Algorithm. IEEE, 1995, p.1706-1709.
- Peter B. On the Number of hv Convex Discrete Sets, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. 2008, p. 112−23.
- Maciej G. The Reconstruction of Convex Polyominoes from Horizontal and Vertical Projections, Institute of Computer Science, University of Wroclaw. 1996; 155(2):321−47.
- Emese B, Attila K, Csaba D, Alberto L. Comparison of Algorithms for Reconstructing hv Convex Discrete Sets, Linear Algebra and its Applications. 2001, p. 23–35.
- Sharapov RR, Lapshin AV. Convergence of Genetic Algorithms, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis. 2006; 16(3):392–97.
- Abdul M, Ridzuan YZ, Rahni Mt PA, Zaini AM.Reconstruction of Craniofacial Image using GC1 Cubic Ball Curves, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(32):1−7.
- Venkat R, Natarajan AM. Comparison of Genetic Algorithm with Particle Swarm Optimisation, Ant Colony Optimisation and Tabu Search based on University Course Scheduling System, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21):1−5.
- Shodhganga.http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/ 10603/27879/10/10_chapter%204.pdf.
- Maheswari G, Sathya K, Pavithra R. Performance Optimization of Wavlet Based Digital Image Watermarking using Genetic Algorithm, The International Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Nov; 2(12):234−38.
- Mayurima D, Puneet M. A Review: A Comparative Analysis on Biomteric Optimization Techniques, The International Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 4(8):142−47.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.