Total views : 219
Analysis of Stress and Displacement of Taham Earth Dam
This paper explores the stability and displacements of earth dam during construction and impounding using experimental instrument and simulated data in Taham earth dam, Iran. Data were collected using experiment as instrument and then these data were simulated applying FLAC, PLAXIS and GeoStudio software. The simulation results were compared to experimental instrument data as reference data, to find out the accuracy of each software output. The comparisons results indicated that the output of FLAC were similar to experimental instrument data, thus FLAC can be applied for evaluating stability and settlement analysis of earth dam in that it can provide reliable results.
Taham dam, Exact Instruments, Modeling with Software.
- ICOLD Bulletin 111, Dam-break flood analysis; 1998.
- Karimi F, Soroosh A. Numerical analysis of static behavior of Taham dam. Third National Congress of Civil Engineering, Iran; 2007.
- Krahn J. GeoStudio SIGMAW. Workshop presentation; 2007.
- PLAXIS V8.5 Tutorial Manual; 2007.
- You L, Li C, Min X, Xiaolei T. Review of dam-break research of earth-rock dam combining with dam safety management. Procedia Engineering; 2012. p. 382–8.
- Toori RA, Pourbakhshian S, Pouraminian M. Admixing PET for the Safety of Earth Dams. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 December; 7 (12):1950–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.