Total views : 182
Development of an Anthropomorphic Gripping Manipulator: Experimental Research
Background/Objectives: This article deals with the experimental research of the newly developed anthropomorphic manipulator for gripping items out of the predetermined set. The project aims at developing an anthropomorphic gripping manipulator to a high accuracy of copying dynamics and kinematics of a human hand. Methods: Application of method of planning movement trajectory allows pre-calculating the parameters of joint movement over time. The movement trajectory approximation methods were used to fulfill the preset conditions. Harrington’s desirability function was applied for the generalized response estimation. Random errors were screened using the Student’s t-test. Findings: Results of gripping rigid and soft items of sophisticated shape are provided. According to this research, a number of shortcomings of mechanical structure were discovered and eliminated. Microprocessor modules, feedback sensor system, and power electronic module were developed and may be broadly used in educational robotics for building various robotic systems of low power (up to 150 W) for each swiveling block. Developed software modules may be used for building control system of an anthropomorphic gripping manipulator of kinematic configuration that resembles a human hand, but involving a varying number of controlled and dependent degrees of freedom. Improvements/Application: This hand may be applied in industrial robots to replace people in production, personal robotic assistants and bionic prosthetic appliances. At the same time, this development focuses on the use of popular and cheap component parts, and simplification of the structure to ensure low production cost.
Anthropomorphic Gripping Manipulator, Bionic Hand Prosthetic, Gripping of Items, Robotics.
- Shadow Dexterous Hand E1 Series. Technical Specification, Shadow Robotics. 2013. Available from: http://www.shadowrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/shadow_dexterous_hand_technical_specification_E1_20130101.pdf. Date accessed: 27/08/2016.
- Liu H, Wu K, Meusel P, Seitz N, Hirzinger G, Jin MH, Chen ZP. Multisensory five-finger dexterous hand: The DLR/HIT Hand II. 2008 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. 2008 Sep. p. 3692–7. Available from: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/11135194.pdf. Date accessed: 27/08/2016.
- Fishel JA, Loeb GE. Sensing tactile microvibrations with the BioTac—Comparison with human sensitivity. 4th IEEE RAS and EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob). 2012 Jun. p. 1122–7. Doi: 10.1109/BioRob.2012.6290741.
- Wettels N, Parnandi AR, Moon JH, Loeb GE, Sukhatme GS. Grip control using biomimetic tactile sensing systems. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics. 2009; 14(6):718–23. Available from: http://www.syntouchllc.com/Media/_publications/2009_Wettels_ASMETransMech.pdf. Date accessed: 27/08/2016.
- Kheng ES, Hassan AHA, Ranjbaran A. Stereo vision with 3D coordinates for robot arm application guide. 2010 IEEE Conference on Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technology (STUDENT). 2010 Nov. p. 102–5. Doi: 10.1109/STUDENT.2010.5686996.
- Fan X, Wang X, Xiao Y. A combined 2D-3D vision system for automatic robot picking. Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems. 2014 Aug. p. 513–6. Doi: 10.1109/ICAMechS.2014.6911599.
- Anglani A, Taurisano F, De Giuseppe R, Distante C. Learning to grasp by using visual information. CIRA'99. Proceedings IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation. 1999; 7–14. Doi: 10.1109/CIRA.1999.809933.
- Yoshikawa T, Nagai K. Manipulating and grasping forces in manipulation by multifingered robot hands. IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation. 1991; 7(1):67–77. Doi: 10.1109/70.68071.
- Li Z, Hsu P, Sastry S. Grasping and coordinated manipulation by a multifingered robot hand. The International Journal of Robotics Research. 1989; 8(4):33–50. Doi: 10.1177/027836498900800402.
- Lewis FW, Jagannathan S, Yesildirak A. Neural network control of robot manipulators and non-linear systems. CRC Press. 1998. Available from: http://www.uta.edu/utari/acs/FL books/Lewis_Jagannathan_Yesildirek - neural network control 1999.pdf. Date accessed: 17/05/2016.
- Arimoto S, Nguyen PTA, Han HY, Doulgeri Z. Dynamics and control of a set of dual fingers with soft tips. Robotica. 2000; 18(01):71–80. Doi:10.1017/S0263574799002441.
- Angeles J. Fundamentals of robotic mechanical systems. Theory, Methods, and Algorithms. 4th ed. (Vol. 124). New York: Springer-Verlag, 2014. Doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-01851-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.