Total views : 200
Development of a Turbine Prototype for the Use of the Compressed Gas Energy at the Oil and Gas Fields
Background: The relevance of the study is determined by the search for new1 ways to generate energy without burning hydrocarbons. The article is aimed at revealing opportunities for additional energy during gas expansion. Method: The main methods for studying this problem are the analytical and experimental methods that allow considering comprehensively the issues of compressed gas energy conversion into thermal energy. Experimental turbine prototypes with loop blades are used for the bench studies. Uniqueness of the problem under consideration lies in the fact that the gas flow penetrating into the inner cavity of the turbine impeller repeatedly interacts with the impeller blades. Findings: The article presents a developed and patented turbine design, demonstration micro-models with electro-mechanical transmission options, discloses the possibilities of the turbine impeller weight reduction, identified new opportunities to address the issue of the rotor balancing, and confirmed experimentally the performance of the created turbine. It also describes the trends in research and development related to the use of loop blades. Improvements: The research results are of practical interest for the development of energy-saving technologies in oil and gas production, especially in the offshore fields and can be used for solving power engineering and robotics tasks.
Energy Conversion, Gas, Generator, Loop Blade, Oil, Turbine.
- Sazonov IA, Mokhov MA. Design of thermoelectric generators for oil and gas production systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30):1–12.
- Sazonov IA, Mokhov MA, Frankov MA, Biktimirova DR. Studying issues of compressed gas energy recovery. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–7. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i19/93904.
- Bondarenko VV, Mokhov MA, SazonovIA. On the development of thermal generators for oil and gas extraction. Oil Industry. 2015; 12:127–9.
- Sazonov IA, Mokhov MA. The rotor of the blade machines. The patent of the Russian Federation No 163491; 2016. Bulletin No. 20.
- Sarwar N. UK gas pipeline to generate renewable energy through geo-pressure technology. Climatico. Independent analysis of climate policy. 2009 Jan 10.
- Kaupert K. Use better designed turbo-expanders to handle flashing fluids. Hydrocarbon Processing. 2012 Jan 04.
- Favilli S, Leitempergher G, Scibola L. A method and an apparatus for obtaining energy by expanding a gas at a wellhead. European Patent. EP 2467568 b1. Date of publication and mention of the grant of the patent: 2013 Sep 18.
- Wiseman BW. Method and apparatus for generating electricity from the flow of fluid through a well. United States Patent No.4369373. Date of patent: 1983 Jan 18.
- Hofmann H. Method and equipment for obtaining energy from oil wells. United States Patent No.5117908. Date of patent: 1992 Jan 2.
- Turchetta JM. Gas energy conversion apparatus and method. United States Patent No.6907727. Date of patent: 2005 Jun 21.
- Turchetta JM. Gas energy conversion apparatus and method. United States Patent No.7043905. Date of patent: 2006 May 16.
- Amir N, Rigal M, Gilon Y. Energy recovery, pressure reducing system and method for using the same. United States Patent No.5606858. Date of patent: 1997 Mar 4.
- Adair CW. Rotary steam friction motor. United States Patent 2043788. Publication Date: 1939 Sep 06.
- Yoshida M. Fluid machinery. United States Patent 7018167. Publication Date: 2006 Mar 28.
- Sazonov IA. The basics of calculating and designing the pumping and ejecting plants. Moscow: State Unitary Enterprise Oil and Gas, Russian State University of Oil and Gas named after I.M. Gubkin Press; 2012.
- Brewster FW. Screw-propeller. United States Patent 0680671. Publication Date: 1901 Aug 13.
- Ljungstrom F. Fan. United States Patent 1868113. Publication Date: 1932 Jul 19.
- Hoenrkamp F. Fan. United States Patent 2273756. Publication Date: 1942 Feb 17.
- Wethern RJ. Propeller construction. United States Patent 4445817. Publication Date: 1984 May 01.
- Silvano D. Blade apparatus. United States Patent 5890875. Publication Date: 1999 Apr 06.
- Moser J. Wind-powered rotor. United States Patent 5269647. Publication Date: 1993 Dec 14.
- Goldberg S. Vertical-axis wind turbine with a twisted blade configuration. United States Patent 5405246. Publication Date: 1995 Nov 04.
- Egolf AT. Ovate loop for rotary-wing blades. United States Patent 6260809. Publication Date: 2001 Jul 17.
- Gratzer LB. Spiroid-tipped wing. United States Patent 5102068. Publication Date: 1992 Jul 04.
- Vanmoor A. Blade and wing configuration. United States Patent 6899525. Publication Date: 2005 May 31.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.