Total views : 224
Experimental Investigations of the Effects of Electric Control Impulse on Injection Characteristics of Common Rail Type Injector
Background/Objectives: The motor-less fuel stand has been described capturing high-speed video in the process of fuel jet development in Common Rail type injector. Methods: The experiments were carried out simultaneously recording the electric signals of the start and end moments of the electrical impulse controlling the injector with digital color oscilloscope Tektronix TDS-2014С and high-speed imaging of the fuel jet sprays with color video camera FASTCAM SA-X2. Findings: The delays of the start and termination of actual fuel injection that depend on the electrical impulse for the injector control have been determined and the dynamics of the fuel jet development has been observed under the fuel rail pressure from 100 to 165 MPa. The dependency of the duration of the fuel injection process on the duration of the electrical impulse controlling the injector has been established. Applications/Improvements: The results of the study can be used for diesel engine design and commissioning and for improving the shape of the combustion chamber to ensure better carburetion in the cylinder.
Axial Deflection of Fuel Flame, Common Rail Type Injector Control, Duration of Electrical Impulse Controlling Injector, Dynamics of Fuel Jet Development, Fuel Injection Process, Motorless Fuel Stand
- Musculus MPB, Miles PC, Pickett LM. Conceptual models for partially premixed low-temperature diesel combustion. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science. 2013; 39:246-83.
- Seykens XLJ, Somers LMT, Baert RSG. Detailed modeling of common rail fuel injection process. MECCA. J Middle Eur Constr Des Cars. 2005; 3(2-3):30-9.
- Sazhin SS, Feng G, Heikal MR. A model for fuel spray penetration. Fuel. 2001; 80(15):2171-80.
- Postrioti L, Buitoni G, Pesce FC, Ciaravino C. Zeuch method-based injection rate analysis of a common-rail system operated with advanced injection strategies. Fuel. 2014; 128:188-98.
- Brusiani F, Falfari S, Pelloni P. Influence of the Diesel Injector Hole Geometry on the Flow Conditions Emerging from the Nozzle. Energy Procedia. 2014; 45:749-58.
- Luo X, Wang S, de Jager B, Frank W. Cylinder pressure-based combustion control with multi-pulse fuel injection. IFAC-Papers OnLine. 2015; 48(15):181-6. doi:10.1016/j.ifacol.2015.10.026
- Herfatmanesh MR, Pin Lu, Mohammadreza AA, Hua Zhao. Experimental investigation into the effects of two-stage injection on fuel injection quantity, combustion and emissions in a high-speed optical common rail diesel engine. Fuel. 2013; 109:137-47.
- Klein-Douwel RJH, Frijters PJM, Somers LMT, de Boer WA, Baert RSG. Macroscopic diesel fuel spray shadowgraphy using high speed digital imaging in a high pressure cell. Fuel. 2007; 86(12-13):1994-2007.
- Ryu J, Kim H, Lee K. A study on the spray structure and evaporation characteristic of common rail type high pressure injector in homogeneous charge compression ignition engine. Fuel. 2005; 84:2341-50.
- Wang Z, Xu H, Jiang C, Wyszynski ML. Experimental study on microscopic and macroscopic characteristics of diesel spray with split injection. Fuel. 2016; 174:140-52.
- Han D, Wang C, Duan Y, Tian Z, Huang Z. An experimental study of injection and spray characteristics of diesel and gasoline blends on a common rail injection system. Energy. 2014; 75:513-9.
- Kuti OA, Zhu J, Nishida K, Wang X, Huang Z. Characterization of spray and combustion processes of biodiesel fuel injected by diesel engine common rail system. Fuel. 2013; 104:838–46.
- Payri R, Garcia A, Domenech V, Durrett V, Plazas AH. An experimental study of gasoline effects on injection rate, momentum flux and spray characteristics using a common rail diesel injection system. Fuel. 2012; 97:390-9.
- Suh HK, Lee CS. Experimental and analytical study on the spray characteristics of Dimethyl ether (DME) and diesel fuels within a common-rail injection system in a diesel engine. Fuel. 2008; 87:925-32.
- Crua C, Heikal MR, Gold MR. Microscopic imaging of the initial stage of diesel spray formation. Fuel. 2015; 157:140-50.
- Pos R, Cracknell R, Ganippa L. Transient characteristics of diesel sprays from a deposit rich injector. Fuel, 2015; 153:183-91.
- Eagle WE, Morris SB, Wooldridge MS. High-speed imaging of transient diesel spray behavior during high-pressure injection of a multi-hole fuel injector. Fuel. 2014; 116:299-309.
- Zablotsky YV, Sagin SV. Maintaining boundary and hydrodynamic lubrication modes in operating high-pressure fuel injection pumps of marine diesel engines. IJST. 2016 May; 9(20).
- Varthan RV, Kumar DS. Emission Characteristics of Turbocharged Single Cylinder Diesel Engine. IJST. 2016 May; 9(17).
- Moon S, Huang W, Li Z, Wang J. End-of-injection fuel dribbles of multi-hole diesel injector: Comprehensive investigation of phenomenon and discussion on control strategy. Applied Energy. 2016; 179:7-16.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.