Total views : 173
The use of Synchronous Detection in Ultrasonic Flaw Detection of Large -Sized Products with Large Integral Attenuation of Signals
Background/Objectives: The use of simple radio-technical processing of signals – synchronous detection – in the ultrasonic testing of products with large frequency-dependent attenuation of ultrasound is considered. Methods: The use of radar in the ultrasonic flaw detection methods allows for control of objects with a high level of attenuation of ultrasonic vibrations in a material. Findings: It is demonstrated that synchronous detection increases the accuracy of echo signal temporal position measurement and increases the reliability of US testing in the presence of narrowband interference and the correlation with the probing signal of the electroacoustic pickup. Improvements: The use of synchronous detection will significantly increase the sensitivity and noise immunity of the ultrasound equipment used to control the complex structural materials with high attenuation of ultrasound, such as concrete, cast iron, plastic, etc.
Ultrasonic Flaw Detection, Synchronous Detection, Optimal Filtering, Complex-Modulated Signals, Electroacoustic Pickup.
- Ermolov IN. Teoriya i praktika ul'trazvukovogo kontrolya [Theory and practice of ultrasonic testing]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie; 1981.
- Kachanov VK, Sokolov IV. Application features of radio engineering signal processing methods for ultrasonic flow detection. Nondestr Test Eval. 2000; 15:330-60.
- Kachanov VK, Sokolov IV. Features of applying complexly modulated signals in ultrasonic flaw detection. Russian Journal of Non-Destructive Testing. 2007; 12:18-42.
- Kachanov VK, Sokolov IV, Rodin AB. Frequency separation of signals and interferences in noise-immune ultrasonic testing of articles manufactured from complexly structured materials. Russian Journal of Non-Destructive Testing. 2008; 11:21-30.
- Kachanov VK, Pitolin AI, Ryabov GYu, Mozgovoi AV, Kalugin PG. Sposob ul'trazvukovogo kontrolya izdelii s bol'shim zatukhaniem ul'trazvuka [Ultrasound testing technique for articles with high ultrasound damping]. Inventor's certificate RU 2006852. 1994.
- Kachanov VK, Kartashev VG, Sokolov IV. Ul'trazvukovaya pomekhoustoichivaya defektoskopiya [Noise-immune ultrasonic testing]. Moscow: MPEI Press; 2007.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.