Total views : 187
Development of Regional Studies and Collecting in Kazakhstan (in the Late 19th Century and Early 20th Century)
Background/Objectives: The objective of this paper is to supplement or substantiate the role of scientific societies of Kazakhstan and Russia in the development of regional studies and collecting in northern and eastern Kazakhstan. Method/ Statistical Analysis: The study of this problem was performed using mainly the general scientific methods: analysis and synthesis, historical method, logical method; among special and historical methods we should mention those historicalcomparative and historical- systematic. These methods provided the possibility to analyze the set of historical materials, statistical data, archival and literary sources, containing diverse factual material which enabled to adequately present the issue under study. Findings: The paper presents the information about local centers of museum and regional study work, the activities of which helped to form a network of historical and regional study museums in the region. Using archival sources, the authors show the history of formation and development of the activities of scientific societies. Special attention is given to the role of the Russian Geographical Society in the cultural and educational activities in the territory of Kazakhstan, representatives of which, both in the center and at the local level, paid great attention to the development of museums. Application/Improvements: The article helps to determine the role of scientific societies in the cultural and educational activities, the development of regional studies and collecting, the establishment and development of museums in Kazakhstan..
Regional Study Movement, Russian Geographical Society.
- Nesterova SV. Scientific societies of Barnaul at the turn of 19th and 20th centuries. Altai Industrial Architecture, Barnaul, 1996; p. 74-78.
- The history of historical science in the USSR, Pre-October period, Moscow, 1956.
- Semenov PP. The history of the semicentenary activity of the Imperial Russian Geographical Society, Part 1, St. Petersburg, 1896.
- State Archive of the Omsk Region, Coll, 86, Inv. 1, File 6, p. 5.
- Klements DA. Local museums and their importance in the provincial life, Irkutsk, 1893.
- Lewis GD. Museum: Cultural Institution. https://www.britannica.com/topic/museum-cultural-institution. Date accessed: 20.09.2016.
- Barthel М. 100 Jahre Museum fur Naturkunde Berlin 1889/90-1990. Neue Museumskunde, 1989; 4:244-54.
- Goudet М. Pédagogie аu Мusée dе Теrrа Amata. Musées et Collections Publiques dе Frаnсе, 1988; 180-181:33-37.
- Mémoire N. La préhistoire du Musée dе Воrdeaux. Musées et Collections Publiques dе Frаnсе, 1988; 180-181:25-32.
- Masriera А. L'Alligatorium de la Col•lecció Vidal, Museu dе geologia. Barcelona. Metròpolis Mediterrània. 1992; 23:61-64.
- Horny R, Zdobnicka N. 150 let оd narozeni Otomara Р. Novaka, muzejnil pedagoga а mimoradnе nаdаnеhо ceskeho paleontologa. Muzejni а Vlastivedna Рrасе, 2001; 2:95-111.
- Kahler М-L, Kahlke R-D, Маul G. Thuringer Fossilienаs Goethes Sammlung. Neue Мuseumskunde, 1990; 1:47-51.
- Kukkonen I, Viljamaa K. Herbarium of Christian Steven, Helsinki, 1971.
- Jubilee collection of the West-Siberian Branch of the Russian Geographical Society. Omsk, 1902; p. 2.
- Berg LS. All-Union Geographical Society over 100 years: 1845-1945, Moscow, 1946;
- Bayguzhinov KA, Galliev MA. Semipalatinsk is 285, Semipalatinsk, 2003.
- Andrianov AA. A brief overview of the Semipalatinsk museum. Works of the Semipalatinsk district museum, Semipalatinsk, 1929; p. 3-9.
- Nurakhmetova GB. From clubs to museums. Cultural Heritage of the Pavlodar Irtysh Land, Pavlodar, 2003.
- Kakenova GM. The cultural life of northern Kazakhstan in the 1920s. Author’s abstract of Candidate Thesis in History, Almaty, 1994.
- Evsina L. From the “Akmola society” to the present days. Northern Kazakhstan, January 30, 2003.
- Current Archive of the Pavlodar Regional History Museum named after G. N. Potanin. Annual report and statements on the work of the department in 1938; Inv.1, File 12, p. 4.
- Tomilov NA. History of Siberian museums in the research works of Russian scientists. In Truevtseva ОN, Shelegina ОN. (Eds.). Museums and Ethnocultural Tourism: Proceedings of the III Annual International Symposium ICOFOM SIB. Novosibirsk, 2010, p. 67-69. http://network.icom.museum/fileadmin/user_upload/minisites/icofom/pdf/sbornik_muzei_A4_10.pdf. Date accessed: 20.09.2016.
- Razgon AN. Russian Ethnographic Museums (1861-1917). History of museums in Russia, Moscow, 1961.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.