Total views : 163
The Development of Calculation and Selection Procedure for Plate Condenser of Vapor Compression Refrigerating Machines
Background: The relevance of the article is determined by the lack of publicly available calculation and selection procedures for plate condensers of refrigerating machines, and the impossibility for the operating organizations to make recalculation of thermal-hydraulic performance of condensers. Method: This article proposes procedures for plate condenser calculation and selection, based on semi-empirical design master curves for calculation of heat transfer and pressure drop processes during R407C refrigerant vapor condensation. These methods of calculation and selection are based on design and checking calculation and performance-based calculation method. Findings: Algorithm for thermal design calculation is based on the mean temperature difference method. Algorithm for thermal checking calculation is based on the performance method, enabling to reduce the number of iterations. All the obtained procedures can be automated using of public domain programming software. Improvements: These findings are of practical value for the organizations that operate plate condensers as part of a vapor compression refrigerating machine.
Checking Calculation, Condensation, Design Calculation, Droplet Entrainment, Heat Exchange and Hydraulics Master Curves, Plate Condenser.
- Taktashev RN, Ivanova TS, Yerokhin FA. Calculation of heat transfer in case of freon condensation in plate condenser channels. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2016; 11(1):652-58. http://www.arpnjournals.org/jeas/research_papers/rp_2016/jeas_0116_3385.pdf. Date accessed: 07/09/2016.
- Такташев, РН. Development of the method for calculation of the plate steam-water heaters of heating systems based on heat transfer and hydrodynamics master curves. Abstract of PhD Thesis in Technical Sciences, Moscow, 2012. [in Russian].
- Klimenko AV, Agababov VS, Taktashev RN. et al. Determination of Perspective Directions and Development of Technical Solutions Aimed at Improving the Thermodynamic and Technical and Economic Efficiency of Distributed and Small Power Objects through the Use of Tri-generation Technology. Research Report. Мoscow: Moscow Power Engineering Institute Press, 2014. [in Russian].
- Panchal CB. Compact heat exchangers for condensation applications: yesterday, today and tomorrow. Argonne: Argonne national Laboratory, 1993. http://www.osti.gov/scitech/servlets/purl/10175227/. Date accessed: 07/09/2016.
- Nusselt W. Die Oberflächenkondensation des Wasserdampfes. Zeitschrift VDI, 1916; Bd 60, S. 541-546:568-75.
- Baranovskyy NV, Kovalenko LM, Yastrebenetsky AR. Plate and Spiral Heat Exchangers. Мoscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 1973. [in Russian].
- Kuo WS, Lie YM, Hsieh YY, Lin TF. Condensation heat transfer and pressure drop of refrigerant R-410A ﬂow in a vertical plate heat exchanger. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2005; 48:5205-20.
- Yang S-A, Chen C-K. Transient film condensation on a horizontal elliptical tube. J.Phys. D: Appl. Phys, 1993; 26(5):793-97. DOI: 10.1088/0022-3727/26/5/011.
- Han D-H, Lee K-J, Kim Y-H. The Characteristics of Condensation in Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers with Different Chevron Angles. Journal of the Korean Physical Society. 2003; 43(1): 66-73. http://www.mark-off.ru/fam/eqpmnt/files/plates.pdf. Date accessed: 07/09/2016.
- Yan Y-Y, Lio, H-C, Lin T-F. 1999, Condensation Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop of Refrigerant R-134a in a Plate Heat Exchanger. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 42:993-1006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(98)00217-8.
- Isachenko VP. Heat exchange at condensation. Moscow: Energiya, 1977. [in Russian].
- Yushkov VB. The development of an air condenser of a new generation and the study of its characteristics. Abstract of PhD Thesis in Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2001. [in Russian].
- Bazhan PI, Kanevets GE, Seliverstov VM. Handbook of heat exchangers. Мoscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 1989. [in Russian].
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.