Total views : 160
Mixed Signal Filter Implementation and Performance Analysis based on Accuracy, Sensitivity and Specificity for Monitoring ECG Signal
Objectives: Digital signal processing applications are becoming more prevalent in everyday use. Because of this widespread usage and advances in technology, DSP algorithms themselves are being subjected to more demanding specifications. Methods/Statistical Analysis: There is a constant need for designing systems with higher accuracy, sensitivity and specificity. Electrocardiogram signal comprises of several mixed signals along with desired signal. Various techniques are used to separate this mixed signal. In this paper a mixed signal filter and have been proposed and developed, in order to obtain high performance through simulation. Findings: Distributed Arithmetic mixed signal filter is proposed in this paper through which various moving arithmetic operations are used to improve the response for real time QRS detection. This complete technique gives accurate detection of QRS wave with high memory efficiency and high speed. Application/ Improvements: Performance analysis is validated by using Cardiac signal database. This analysis is based on accuracy, specificity and sensitivity which show maximum response to obtain the true conditions for ECG Signal.
DBE. Distributed Arithmetic, ECG Signal, Mixed Signal Filter, QRS detection.
- Kohler BU, Hennig C, Orglmeister R. The principles of software QRS detection. IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag. 2002 JanFeb; 21(1):42–57.
- Chan HL, Chou WS, Chen SW, Fang SC, Liou CS, Hwang YS. Continuous and online analysis of heart rate variability. J Med Eng Technol. 2005 Sep-Oct; 29(5):227–34.
- Chatterjee G, Somkuwar A. +Gz induced stress monitoring of pilots with synthesized ECG. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Jan; 3(1). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2010/ v3i1/29650.
- Roy R, Venkatasubramanian K. EKG/ECG based driver alert system for long haul drive. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18). DOI:10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i19/77014.
- Hassan Z, Gilani SO, Jamil M. Improvement in ECG based biometric systems using Wavelet Packet Decomposition (WPD) algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i30/97958.
- Hassan Z, Gilani SO, Mohsin Jamil M. Review of fiducial and non-fiducial techniques of feature extraction in ECG based biometric systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21). DOI:10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i21/94841.
- Tirumala Rao P, Koteswarao Rao S, Manikanta G, Ravi Kumar S. Distinguishing normal and abnormal ECG Signal. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i10/85449.
- Zahabi M, Meghdadi V, Cances J, Saemi A. Mixed-signal matched filter for high-rate communication systems. IET Signal Processing. 2008; 2(4):354–60.
- Milor L. A tutorial introduction to research on analog and mixed-signal circuit testing. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II Analog and Digital Signal Processing. 1998; 45(10):1389–407.
- Campbell D, Jones E, Glavin M. Audio quality assessment techniques - A review and recent developments. Signal Processing. 2009; 89(8):1489–500.
- Gudmundson M. Correlation model for shadow fading in mobile radio systems. Electron Letters. 1991; 27(23):2145– 6.
- Murata N, Ikeda S, Ziehe A. An approach to blind source separation based on temporal structure of speech signals. Neurocomputing. 2001; 41(1-4):1–24.
- Dobbs SE, Schmitt NM, Ozemek HS. QRS detection by template matching using real-time correlation on a microcomputer. J Clin Eng. 1984 Jul-Sep; 9(3):197–212.
- Xue Q, Hu YH, Tompkins WJ. Neural-network-based adaptive matched filtering for QRS detection. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Eng. 1992 Apr; 39(4):317–29.
- Jong J, Pei CS, Da HY. Design of variable two dimensional FIR digital filters by McClellan Transformation. IEEE Transactions on Circuits Systems. 2009; 56(3):574–82.
- Jiang A, Kwan H. WLS design of sparse FIR Digital Filters. IEEE Transactions on Circuits Systems I. 2013; 60(1):125– 35.
- Yazhini M, Ramesh R. FIR filter implementation using modified distributed arithmetic architecture. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 May; 6(5). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i5/33250.
- Ramu SS, Umadevi S. Realization of low power FIR digital filter using modified DA-based architecture. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i19/77161.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.