Total views : 236
Effect of Team Sports on Aerobic Performance of Human Body in View of Somatotype
Background/Objectives: Methodology of athletes’ health improvement should be based on integrated consideration of the body features. Search for dependence and functional capabilities of the body on anthropometric typology can be a criterion for the development of individual methods of adaptation in the course of muscular activity. Methods: The experiment was carried out on a longitudinal basis for 3 years. The examination cohort included young athletes of Children’s and Youth Sports School of Olympic Reserve. In total, 80 persons aged from 10 to 20 were examined. Results: Somatotypological approach was suggested for solving the problem of individualization of training loads. The authors showed that in the course of basketball and football trainings the representatives of brachymorphic somatotype formed the primary risk group: they demonstrated the lowest VO2Max values, while the highest values were found among the representatives of different somatotypes in aerobic performance of the body, which determines individual typological differences in general stamina and adaptive capabilities of athletes’ bodies. Consideration of typological features of athletes’ constitution and assessment of aerobic performance of the body form a unified set of information, on the basis of which adequate and personalized recommendations can be developed resulting in optimization of motional modes for a particular group of exercisers. Application: Recognition of typological peculiarities of athletes allows setting regulatory requirements in accordance with adaptive capabilities of athletes. This article is of value for teachers and trainers of Youth Sports Schools of Olympic Reserve and sports departments, sports medicine doctors and students.
Basketball, Football, General Stamina, Maximum Oxygen Consumption (VO2Max), Somatotype, Students, Young Basketball Players, Young Football Players.
- Carter JEL, Heath BH. Somatotyping – Development and applications. Cambridge University Press; 2005.
- Bolboli L, Lotfi N, Bagheri M, Rajabi A. Evaluation and comparison of VO2max assessment models in high school students. Physical Education of Students. 2013; 2:80-2.
- DOI: 10.6084/m9.figshare.156386
- Grechishkina SS, Silant’ev MN, Ivantsov EA. Integral analysis of functional status of cardiovascular system of students playing football in sports section. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2013; 8:54-60.
- Quinn VN. Applying Psychology. St. Petersburg: Peter; 2000.
- Karpman VL, Belotserkovsky ZB, Gudkov IA. Study of physical performance in sportsmen. Moscow: Fizkultura i Sport; 1974.
- Lal M. Comparative Study of Somatotype between Football and Hockey Players. Indian Journal of Applied Research, Physical Education. 2015; 5(5):712-3.
- Orhan O, Sagir M, Zorba E, Kishali NF. A comparison of somatotypical values from the players of two football teams playing in Turkcell Turkish super league on the basis of the players’ positions. Journal of Physical Education and Sport Management. 2010; 1(1):1-10. Available from: http://www.academicjournals.org/journal/JPESM/article-full-text-pdf/A7DE944676
- Rexhepi AM, Brestovci B, Mucolli A. Prediction of explosive power of basketball players based on their morpho-functional characteristics. Int J Morphol. 2012; 30(2):719-22.
- Tzarova R. Somatotypes particularities of the high students from profiled groups in swimming. Activities in Physical Education and Sport. 2013; 3(1):4-7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022013000200016
- Popovic S, Akpinar S, Jaksic D, Matic R, Bjelica D. Comparative study of anthropometric measurement and body composition between elite soccer and basketball players. Int J Morphol. 2013; 31(2):461-7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022013000200016
- Grechishkina S, Shakhanova A, Kuzmin A, Khasanova N, Kalnaya E. The effect of sports physical loads on the somatic development and physical performance of young football and basketball players. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S10):1-8.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8s10/IPL0922.
- Petrova TG, Chelyshkova TV, Khasanova NN. The peculiarities of neurophysiological status and aerobic abilities of athletes with different areas of training. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2013; 8:16-9.
- Abade EA, Goncalves BV, Silva AM, Leite NM, Castagna C, Sampaio JE. Classifying young soccer players by training performances. Perceptual and Motor Skills: Physical Development and Measurement. 2014 Dec; 119(3):971-84.doi: 10.2466/10.25.PMS.119c31z8.
- Shakhanova AV, Kuz’min AA. Influence of sports physical activities on ontogenetic development. Adaptive opportunities and functional readiness of the body of 9-17 year-old athletes in the conditions of various specializations. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference “Science of the Future”; St. Petersburg. 2014.
- Grechishkina S, Shakhanova A, Silantyev M, Kuz’min A, Kalnaya E. The features of the functional state of the cardiorespiratory system of students attending specialized sports clubs (Football, Basketball). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(29):1-11.doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i29/IPL0969
- Martinez PYO, Lopez JAH, Meza EIA, Millan EMA, Leon RS. somatotype profile and body composition of players from the mexican professional basketball league. Int J Morfol. 2014; 32 (3):1032-5.doi: 10.4067/S0717-95022014000300046
- Norouzi M, Kargarnejad S. Anthropometric characteristics and somatotype of elite junior basketball players in Turkey. Journal of Social Issues and Humanities. 2015; 3(5):231-4.
- Orhan O, Sagir M, Zorba E. Comparison of Somatotype values of football players in two professional league football teams according to the positions. Coll Antropol. 2013; 37(2):401-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.