Total views : 221
Modeling the Movements of Mobile Robots Designed for Locomotion over the Undeveloped Terrains
Objectives: The relevance of the study is determined by the demand for all-terrain transport vehicles for investigating various celestial bodies. In this regard, the article considers the issues of modeling all-terrain transportation robot locomotion, for example, lunar rovers and Mars rovers over complex topography and sandy soils. Method: Methodological approaches for solving this problem emerged in the last century in connection with the creation of self-propelled chassis of Soviet lunar rovers and Mars rover mockups in the USSR. Modern software allows getting more informative simulation results directly in the process of computer-aided design of new machines. Findings: The article presents the development of the model of interaction between the wheel and the supporting plane in the object-oriented modeling environment whose results coincide with the experimental and operational test data of planetary rovers. In particular, it is possible to visualize the motion of all-wheel drive transportation robot models with combined wheel-walking propulsor. Walking mechanisms of such a propulsor are also used to perform adaptive suspension functions when moving in the wheel locomotion mode. Improvements: Materials of the article are of practical value for experts designing mobile robots, planetary rovers and other wheeled vehicles who use the simulation results to develop design and control systems.
Locomotion System, Mathematical Model, Mobile Robot, Object-Oriented Modeling, Planetary Rover, Wheel- Walking Drive.
- Babkov VF, Birulya AK, Sidenko VM.Off-road performance of wheeled vehicles on the ground. Moscow: Avtotransport, 1959.
- Zadorozhnyy VI. Indicators of towing qualities of the multi-wheel mover. In:Collected Works "Motor transport". Kiev:Tekhnika, 1966. p. 2.
- Yakovlev AI. The design and calculation of the electric motorized wheels. Moscow: Mechanical engineering. 1970.
- Ageikin YS. All-terrain wheeled and dual propellers (theory and calculation). Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1972.
- Bekker MG. Track and Wheel Evaluation. Machine Design. January 21, 1960.
- Bekker MG. Introduction to terrain-vehicle systems. Michigan: University of Michigan Press; 1969.
- Leonovich AK, Gromov VV, Rybakov AV. Detail Study of the mechanical properties of lunar soil on self-propelled machine Lunokhod-1.In: Vinogradov AP. (Ed.) Lunokhod-1Mobile laboratory on the Moon. Moscow: Nauka, 1971. p. 78–88.
- Kemurdzhian AL, Gromov VV, Cherkasov II, Shvarev VV. Automatic station for the study of the surface cover of the moon. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1976. p. 103–99.
- FlorenskyKP, Bazilevsky AT, Zezin RB et al.Geological and morphological studies of the lunar surface. In: Barsukov VL. (Ed.) Lunokhod-1Mobile laboratory on the Moon.Moscow: Nauka. 1978.2. p. 102–35.
- Cherkasov II, Shvarev VV. The soil of the moon. Moscow: Nauka. 1975.
- Avotinsh EV, Borodachev BV, Vasin YI et al.The study of self-propelled chassis performance on the MoonIn: Barsukov VL. (Ed.) Lunokhod-1Mobile laboratory on the Moon.Moscow: Nauka. 1978. 2. p. 47–66.
- Naumov VN, Zabavnikov NA. A study of interaction between a single wheel with the soil in relation to the problem of estimating vehicle flotation. In: KemurdzhianAL. (Ed.)Traveling on soils of the Moon and planets. Moscow: Mashinostroenie. 1986. p. 53–107.
- Avotina EV, Kemurdzhian AL. The stability of planetary motion. In: KemurdzhianAL, PetrovBN (Eds.)Dynamics of the Planetary Rover. Moscow: Nauka. 1979. p. 196–330.
- ShpakFP, Kemurdzhian AL, Avotin EV. Fluctuations of planetary rovers. In: KemurdzhianAL, PetrovBN (Eds.)Dynamics of the Planetary Rover. Moscow: Nauka. 1979. p. 331–432.
- Malenkov MI, Kemurdzhian AL. Traction dynamics of the planetary rover. In: KemurdzhianAL, PetrovBN (Eds.)Dynamics of the Planetary Rover. Moscow: Nauka, 1979. p. 56–195.
- Kazhukalo IF, Malenkov MI, Nazarenko BP et al. Mathematical modeling and performance testing of planetary rovers. In: KemurdzhianAL. (Ed.)Traveling on soils of the Moon and planets. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1986. p. 186–261.
- Malenkov MI, Volov VA, Guseva NK, Lazarev EA. Analysis of the mobility of the Mars rovers for the development of transportation systems and control algorithms for the new generation of planetary rovers.News of the SFU. Technical sciences. Rostov-on-Don: SFU Press. 2015. 1. p. 82–95.
- Malenkov MI, Volov VA, Guseva NK, Lazarev EA. Increasing the Mobility of Mars Rovers by Improving the Locomotion Systems and Their Control Algorithms. Russian Engineering Research, 2015; 35(11):824–31.
- Fedorushkov AB, Kuzmenko DN, Lazarev EA. Selection of concept and determination of the main parameters for manipulator of dual-arm manipulator system of planetary rover, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2015 November; 10 (20):9706–712.
- Kolesov YuB. Object-oriented modeling of complex dynamic systems. St. Petersburg: SpbSPU Press, 2004.
- Kuzmenko DN, Malenkov MI, Lazarev EA. Selection of concept and preliminary modeling of planetary rover self-propelled chassis motion with adaptive motorized wheel suspension. Proceedings of the conference "Science Week in SpbSPU". St. Petersburg: IMMiT Polytechnic University Press.2015. Part 2. p. 6–9.
- Greiner G, Hormann K. Efficient Clipping of Arbitrary Polygons.ACM Transactions on Graphics, 1998. 17(2):71–83. Article title. http://www.inf.usi.ch/hormann/papers/Greiner.1998.ECO.pdf. Date accessed: 10/ 07/2016.
- Subramanian MB, Sudhagar K, Rajarajeswari G.Design of Navigation Control Architecture for an Autonomous Mobile Robot Agent,Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar, 9(10).
- Kuo CH, Zal F, Wu SL. Development of Fuzzy Logic Controllers for Controlling Bipedal Robot Locomotion on Uneven Terrains with IMU Feedbacks,Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 July: 9(28).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.