Total views : 1164
Reliability Analysis in an Electrical Drive System
Electric drives are one of the most significant part of the industrial applications, which are used in the conversion of electric power into mechanical power. Today, the drives are being integrated more and more into the system and hence, the reliability of the electric drives has become a major problem. A common electric drive system consists of many number of components such as an electric machine, power converters, controllers, sensors as well as other communication devices. So the major focus in the modern era has been to increase the reliability of the electric drive system as a whole.
Electrical Drive, Faults, FMEA, FTA, RBD, Reliability.
- Ali M Bazzi, Alejandro Dominguez-Garcia, Philip T Krein. Markov Reliability Modeling for Induction Motor Drives Under Field-Oriented Control. IEEE Trans. Power Electronics. 2012 Feb; 27(2).
- Fekih A and Chowdhury FN. A fault tolerant control design for induction motors. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Syst., Man Cybern. 2005; p. 1320-25.
- Macken KJP, Wallace IT and Bollen MHJ. Reliability assessment of motor drives. Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec.Conf. 2006; p. 1–7.
- Kastha D and Bose BK. Investigation of fault modes of voltage-fed inverter system for inductionmotor drive. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 1994 Jul/Aug; 30(4):1028-38.
- Pontt J, Rodriguez J, Rebolledo J, Martin LS, Cid E and Figueroa G. High-power LCI grinding mill drive under faulty conditions. Proc. Ind. Appl. Conf. 2005; p. 670-73.
- Tallam RM, Schlegel DW and Hoadley FL. Failure mode for ac drives on high resistance grounded systems. Proc. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. Expo. 2006; p. 1587-91.
- Yuexin Y and Wu AY. Transient response of electric drives under utility upset conditions. Proc. Pulp Paper Ind. Tech.Conf. 1996; p. 77-85.
- Shevchuk VP. Investigations of the operation reliability increase of the alternating current electric machines in diamond extractive industries. Proc. Int. Sci. Practical Conf.Students, Post-Graduates Young Scientists: Modern Tech.Technol. 2002; p. 103-4.
- Lee KS and Ryu JS. Instrument fault detection and compensation scheme for direct torque controlled induction motor drives. IEE Proc. Control Theory Appl. 2003 Jul; 150(4):376-82.
- Antonino-Daviu JA, Riera-Guasp M, Folch JR and Palomares MPM. Validation of a new method for the diagnosis of rotor bar failures via wavelet transform in industrial induction machines. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.2006; 42(4):990-96.
- Bellini A, Fillipetti F, Franceschini G, Tassoni C, Passaglia R, Saottini M and Tontini G. ENELs Experience with On-Line Diagnosis of Large Induction Motors Cage Failures.Conference Record of the IEEE Industry Application Conference, IAS. 2000.
- Benbouzid MEH and Kliman GB. What stator current processingbased technique to use for induction motor rotor faults diagnosis? IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion.2003; 18(2):238-44.
- Bianchi N, Bolognani S and Zigliotto M. Analysis of PM Synchronous Motor Drive Failures during Flux Weakening Operation. Baveno, Italy: Proceedings of the 27th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialist Conference - PESC96.1996; 23-27:1542-48.
- Cameron JM, Thomson WT and Dow AB. Vibration and Current Monitoring for Detecting Airgap Eccentricity in Large Induction Motors, IEE Proceedings. 1986; 133(pt. B) (3):155-63.
- Choi HI and Williams WJ. Improved time-frequency representation of multicomponent signals using exponential kernels. IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. 1989; 37(6):862-71.
- Cohen L. Time-frequency distributions – A review.Proceedings of the IEEE. 1989; 77(7):941-81.
- Abhilash B, Manjunatha HM, Ranjan NA, Tejamoorthy M. Reliability Assessment of Induction Motor Drive using Failure Mode Effects Analysis. IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE). 2013 Jul-Aug; 6(6):32-6. e-ISSN: 2278-1676, p-ISSN: 2320-3331.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.