Total views : 174
Design and Analysis of Controller for Vehicle Ignition using FPGA
High death rates are observed after accidents due to non-wearing helmet of driver with two-wheeler. Many studies on statistics data for various parts of world had been carried out which clearly supports this statement. A new approach to address this issue along with the authentication of ownership of vehicle is proposed, which is designed in such way unless an authorized person with RFID tag wears the helmet the vehicle will not be ignited. The paper focuses on the chip design and implementation of hardware system on FPGA for vehicle. The high speed controller is designed Xilinx 14.2 ISE software with the help of VHDL programming language and synthesized on Virtex-5 FPGA. Modelsim 10.1b is used for the function simulation to test the different test cases. The developed system supports the frequency of 781.250 MHz, which is proposed as optimal solution for the intelligent system.
Authentication, Controller, FPGA Safety, Two-Wheeler.
- Sosin DM, Sacks JJ. Motorcycle helmet- use laws and head injury prevention. JAMA. 1992; 267(12):1649–51.
- Houston DJ, Richardson Jr LE. Motorcycle safety and the repeal of universal helmet laws. American Journal of Public Health. 2007; 97(11):2063–9.
- Jonathan J. Rolison PJ. Hewson EH, Hurst L. Risks of high-powered motorcycles among younger adults. American Journal of Public Health. 2013 Mar; 103(3):568–71.
- Alian S, Baker RGV, Wood S. Rural casualty crashes on the Kings highway: A new approach for road safety studies. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2016; 95:8–19.
- Ben-Bassat T, Avnieli S. The effect of a road safety educational program for kindergarten children on their parents’ behavior and knowledge. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2016; 95:78–85.
- Anita, Kuchhal P, Kumar A, Singh R. Zigbee and GSM based antitheft and safety system for motorcyclist. IJAES. 2015; 10(5):1683–90.
- Singh R, Mishra S, Joshi P. Pressure monitoring in wireless sensor network using Zigbee transceiver module. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT); 2011 Sep. p. 225–9.
- Anuradha P, Sendhilkumar R. Design and implementation of zigbee-RFID based vehicle tracking. IET International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Intelligent Systems; 2011 Jul; p. 689–94.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.