Total views : 235
Minimizing Power Consumption and Improve the Quality of Service in the Data Center
Background/Objectives: Minimizing power consumption and improve the quality of service in the data centre investigates the power consumption in various devises IaaS in cloud computing environment. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Overall, a total of ninety-one studies from 2013 to 2015 have been reviewed in this paper. However, tenth studies are selected that focused on the energy efficient concepts used in the research. Findings: From the study the energy plays a major role in the data centre and it has become a big issue for the Information Technology (IT) field and the businessmen. Power is most important in the world with limited resources of energy. Energy efficiency in the environment of cloud has always been a key concern for the design and cost of maintaining the data centres. Virtualization reduces the complexity for enabling an efficient way to use the computing power and improve the Quality of service in data centre. In this work, Xen server is used to compute the power and find the efficiency, power consumption for the size of 10 different nodes are connected to the workload condition by allocating Virtual Machine (VMs) to the server using open stack net and process the workload performance in the data centre has been considered. The experimental results expose that VM selection process works through the energy reduced by up to 35% on the impact. Application/Improvements: The review of Minimizing Power Consumption and Improve the Quality of Service in the Data Centre will investigate power consumption in infrastructure level in cloud computing helps researchers to analyze different algorithm techniques for future research directions.
Power Consumption, Quality of Service, VMs, Energy Efficiency Data Centre.
- Armenta-cano F, Tchernykh A, Cortés JM, Yahyapour R, Drozdov AY, Bouvry P, Avetisyan A. Heterogeneous Job Consolidation for Power Aware Scheduling with Quality of Service.Russina Supercomputing Days. 2015 March; (218):687–97.
- Younge AJ, Laszewski GV, Wang L, Lopez-alarcon S, Carithers W. Efficient Resource Management for Cloud Computing Environments. Green Computing Conference. 2010 Aug.
- Kurpicz M, Sobe A, Kurpicz M. Energy-proportional Accounting in VM-based Environments Energy-proportional Accounting in VM-based Environments. Parallel, Distributed and Network Based Processing. IEEE; 2016.
- Li X, Jiang X, Ye K, Huang P. DartCSim Enhanced CloudSim with the Power and Network Models Integrated. 6th International Conference on Cloud Computing. IEEE; 2013 June. 644–51.
- Intelligent E, Manager P. Simplifying power management in virtualized data centers, Powering business worldwide. IEEE International Conference. 2016.
- Kalange PR. Applications of Green Cloud Computing in Energy Efficiency and Environmental Sustainability. Journal of Computer Engineering. 2014; 25–33.
- Albers S. Energy-efficient algorithms. Communications of the ACM. 2010; 53(5);86–96.
- Meng X, Zhengt L, Li L, Li J. PAM, An Efficient PowerAware Multi-level Cache Policy to Reduce Energy Consumption of Software Defined Network. Communications of the ACM. 2015; 56(5):18–23.
- Namdev S. Improved Minimum Migration Time VM Selection Policy for Cloud Data Center. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering and Management. 2015 Apr; 4(4):157–60.
- Jayasimha SR, Usha J, Srivani SG. Analysis of Power Consumption under Different Workload Conditions in the Data Center. ICECS;- IEEE. 2016;1036–40.
- Jayasimha SR, NarasimhaPrasad N, Hamsa K, Sumithra Devi KA. Prevention of Data from the Data Leakage in Cloud Computing. ISRASE. 2014 October;1–5.
- Piraghaj SF, Dastjerdi AV, Calheiros RN, Buyya R. n.d.. A Framework and Algorithm for Energy Efficient Container Consolidation in Cloud Data Centers. Cloud Container. IEEE; 2015.
- Giordanelli R, Mastroianni C, Meo M, Roscetti A. Saving energy in data centers through workload consolidation. White paper. 2015 December; 2–3.
- Ardagna D, Casale G, Ciavotta M, Pérez JF, Wang W. Qualityof-service in cloud computing : modeling techniques and their applications. Journal of Internet Services and Application. 2014; 1–17.
- Hamid S, Madni H, Shafie M, Latiff A, Coulibaly Y, Abdulhamid M. An Appraisal of Meta-Heuristic Resource Allocation Techniques for IaaS Cloud, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 January;9(4).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.