Total views : 211
Modelling and Simulation of Object Detection in Automotive Power Window
The paper focuses on the system modelling of hardware based power window control system. In power window system, Direct Current (DC) motor served as the source of power to drive the power window frame and accordingly power window can be raised and lowered. In the paper, mathematical model of a DC motor controlled by an H bridge circuit and bridge is controlled through input switches which are available at driver and passenger door side. The main objective of power window control is to control the movement of glass door in upper and lower direction and this operation is controlled with the help of current sensor, fire sensor and position sensor in the replacement of manual control hand turned crank techniques for existing power windows. The driving component is DC motor that drives the power window using selflocking techniques for worm gear in the minimum ratio of 1:50 and output of worm gear goes to lead screw having pitch of 3mm to deliver linear movement to power window. The control unit of power window senses both high and low load obstructions. It is used to activate and deactivate the movement of the glass door in upward direction and downward direction with the help of DC motor, whenever, any hard and soft obstruction is detected. The automatic power window with intelligent control is designed and verified with several conditions that claim its movement in upward and downward direction. The simulation model is visualized in MATLAB/Simulink and performance is analysed with respect to current, voltage and speed measurement.
DC Motor, Intelligent Window Control System., Mathematical Modelling, Power Window.
- Park JH, Choi GH, Yoon TS Park JB. A Sensorless Safety Power Window Control System in Automotive Application. International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems,COEX, Seoul, Korea. 2008. P.1457–61.
- Liu Xiaoming, Shao Yahui, Wu Haowei, Zhong Yuanhong. Design of Car Window Anti-trapping Without Sensor. Micromotors Servo Technique. 2007;(4):48–9.
- Luca Zaccarin. DC motors: Dynamic Model and Control Techniques. Lecture given – 2012.
- Ehsani M, Rahman M,Toliyat H. Propulsion System Design of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 1997 Feb; 44(1).
- Kumar R, Krogh BH. Heterogeneous Verification of Embedded Control Systems. Proceedings of the 2006 American Control Conference Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. 2006 June 14-16. p. 4597–62.
- Kumar R, Kumar A. Design and hardware development of power window control mechanism using microcontroller. International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication. IEEE Xplorer, pp(361–365)
- Karris ST. Introduction to Simulink with Engineering Applications. Orchard Publications, united statepublication 2006.
- Tiwari T, Shah A, Nainwad CS.Design and development of high power window for linear accelerator at 2.856 GHz3rd IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference(IVEC). 2002. P.377–8.
- Wang Yi, Qiu Yunfeng, Yin Jie. Application of automobile power window controller for peripheral interface controller. International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments (ICEMI), IEEE; Aug 2011.2, p.363–7.
- Prawoto Y, Yusof MA. Automotive power window Mechanism failure initiated by overload. Engineering Failure Analysis.2013 July; 179–88.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.